Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoW isn't a single-player game, & the game as a whole is countless times more enjoyable when played with other people (guildies/friends), regardless of the content.

3+ Year Old Account
    BfA was/is ok

Could've been worse I guess, like WoD

Also, we need less class restrictions
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    What's tiresome is that the defenders of MoP believe that detractors have their opinions because of borderline racist mindsets. Here's some things that sucked about MoP that have nothing to do with the Pandaren race itself:

1. The dungeons are completely forgettable.
    2. Absurdly long end of expansion drought.
    3. ToT is an overrated raid, with some mind numbingly unfun encounters.
    4. Locking storyline behind rep was a very bad move, one that Blizzard still seems to have not really figured out yet.
    5. The leveling itself was dreadful, perhaps the height of go-fetch quest design

MoP was a middle of the road xpac at best.
    The amount of cognitive dissonance in this post is impressive. You do realize that this thread is titled, "post your unpopular opinions," not "justify your opinion as fact," right?

Faction specific classes were awesome and flavorful

New races add zero excitement to the game

Alliance>Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Competitive game-modes are the worst things ever introduced into WoW.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Levelling should be removed.

Gear should not get better with harder content.
    Like an old platformer game!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. sub fee should be 19.99 a month. Give me more content!

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    lfr should be scrapped and replaced with a que-able tutorial raid that shows common mechanics, how to deal with them, and how to use the lfg tool.
    Amen. /10chars.

My most unpopular opinion?

I actually like class imbalance, and a sort of soft-rotation between speccs performing well/worse. Just a too long reign is boring.

Not sure if it counts as a unpopular opinion, but the conclusion is probably controversial.

The game suffers under the wrong decisions that Blizzard has made over the last 10-15 years, they can't go back because some of these corrosive elements are relatively popular within the community.
    Not to mention that you cannot turn back the clock on a single feature / element without realizing that things are interconnected somehow and thus the idea idea comes off as worse because it doesn't fit into the game as a whole anymore, meaning you'd have to change a lot more than just some isolated elements.

The game needs a soft reboot, it needs to figure out what it wants to be and for that it needs a clean slate in terms of design.
    Continuing to build upon these decisions just further amplifies their issues, not to mention that the rather two faced design (Heavy gameplay focus vs. RPG approach) also tears the game apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Using slang like "boomkin", "cookies" and "closet" makes you look really stupid.
    I agree. Especially because everyone knows the proper term is "laser chicken" and "flasher".

MOP was the best expansion.

Velves are actually pretty cool despite their rocky insertion into lore.

Allied race rep grinding gave a sense of accomplishment when you unlocked them finally.

Wod was a good expansion, and Legion was a bad one. I dont feel like defending these opinions with a wall of text you wont read, and wont change your mind anyway, but its true!

WoD was the best expansion in terms of design and scope. And the closest thing we ever had to an actual RPG expirience.

No expansion is perfect but MoP is the one that came the closest to it

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    (Un)popular opinions (as it seems):
    Race/class restrictions need removed.
    It's about time an orc spends its days with trolls and tauren and learns how to be a druid, for example; they already use shamanic nature magic, just make the leap ffs.
    Also, if a hulking muscular Orc can be a rogue, then Taurens can be rogues too.
    Lore defense is *udder* nonsense.... ok sorry for the bad pun, but still.

Also, the factions are long dead and nothing of interest comes out of the "faction conflict" nonsense anymore.
    It had its day in the sun (primarily in the RTS realm), it's time to move on.
    PVP can still be enabled and you will be essentially a "mercenary acting on your own" instead of representing your faction, so you can still kill people to your heart's content, but also let people choose "not a mercenary" and if an Orc and a Human raid together, the world still spins.
    Would solve the terrible faction imbalance by allowing the players, you know, the Champions and Saviors of Azeroth, to have a pinch of autonomy to say "you know, this evil threat needs to die and that homie over there wants to help, so why tf would I say no?".

All of Warcraft should scale to group size including solo play for every play option. Even PVP versus NPC's or Raids and Mythics with either NPC teams or soloable.

1. The gameplay is fine. It's just old, so people moved onto new and better things.

2. PvP is a side activity. PvE is the primary focus of the game and putting resources to make PvP just as relavent is dumb.

3. This one may not be unpopular? Not sure to be honest. Rextroy's videos on "game breaking" one shots is so hilariously overblown by the community that follows him. Every situation becomes more niche than the last. Not faulting Rextroy btw. Smart guy for coming up with this stuff. Just the comments/people that follow him are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    • I enjoyed WoD quite a bit because I had a blast raiding. In fact, because of this it's my favorite expansion. But I'm not allowed to have an opinion that WoD was a good expansion (for me) because the court of public opinion has decided that WoD is beyond reproach and I'm an idiot for having a positive recollection of the experience I had.
    I thought it was pretty common for people to say WoD's raiding was exceptional. I mean it had Blackrock foundry! That shit was amazing. Just when people talk about expansions, they usually refer to the whole package. And not many people liked it outside of the raiding experience.

But I'm glad you liked it either way! Cheers.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    (Un)popular opinions (as it seems):
    Race/class restrictions need removed.
    It's about time an orc spends its days with trolls and tauren and learns how to be a druid, for example; they already use shamanic nature magic, just make the leap ffs.
    Also, if a hulking muscular Orc can be a rogue, then Taurens can be rogues too.
    Lore defense is *udder* nonsense.... ok sorry for the bad pun, but still.
    At this point I feel like the main things preventing race/class restrictions from being removed are two things:

1) They might have to go back through some dialogue and account for the new race/class combos (but there wouldn't be much). That's fairly minor.

2) They'd need to create new Druid forms for EVERY SINGLE non-Druid race. A few of them could re-use modified existing ones (Nightborne could use modified NE, for example), but most races would need their own ones.

That's a huge amount of art. Like, a shocking amount. It's honestly probably as much model art as a decent-sized raid. Like most raid, the animations could be re-used, but the forms would need to be new.

And they'd also need to do totems for every single non-Shaman race - but that's a much smaller amount of art.

I suspect that if it wasn't for the second one, they'd have done it already. Lore can change or be added to. But it would be a lot of work, and any denial that it would be just silly business.

1.I liked how the Blood elves and void elves were different colors.Now (with the new customizations) they don’t feel distinct enough
    2.I wanted Illidan to get Tyrande, I hate Malfurion
    3. I like to have the factions have their own races, it feels much more structured

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    1. The gameplay is fine. It's just old, so people moved onto new and better things.
    What are those "new and better things", though? I have yet to find a "new and better" MMORPG or anything that fills the same gameplay/social niche of an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    • I enjoyed WoD quite a bit because I had a blast raiding. In fact, because of this it's my favorite expansion. But I'm not allowed to have an opinion that WoD was a good expansion (for me) because the court of public opinion has decided that WoD is beyond reproach and I'm an idiot for having a positive recollection of the experience I had.
    Not intended as an insult/attack, but I think you mean "beyond the pale", or "beyond redemption". "Beyond reproach" means you can't criticise it, and the only thing in WoW which seems like that is Wrath of the Lich King (and even that isn't really).

Source in case you don't trust me: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ond%20reproach

Whereas Warlords of Draenor is seen as just "unacceptable" by a lot of people, so "beyond the pale" is probably what you want: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...d%20the%20pale

Meaning offensive/unacceptable.

Here ends today's English pedantry from me!

Personally WoD was one of my least-favourite expansions, but that was because of my overall experience with it, and the fact that it was lacking in parts of the game that I particularly enjoy (namely: dungeons - WoD was set up so they didn't matter much, and so they weren't very much fun, and I wasn't playing at the right time to do the proto-M+ thing they had, I forget what it was called), and with Garrisons I went from "cool idea" at the start to "Oh god if I ever see my Garrison again it will be too soon!" by a few months in.

But it wasn't trash or unacceptable or anything to me.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-10-13 at 05:01 PM.