Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Artisan Riding has been removed, which means players can upgrade from Expert Riding (150% Flying Speed at Level 30) directly to Master Riding (310% Flying Speed at Level 40). Characters that have learned Artisan Riding will continue to have 280% Flying Speed.
    So if you have a toon with 150% flying you can go straight to 310% flying thus saving 4k-5k gold per toon. However, if you went from 150% to 280% you get to spend another 4k-5k to buy 310%? Sounds really dumb and should just make it so you get 310% if you bought 280%.
    Which is how it has worked on live for a long time, why should people who are too lazy and cheap to have bought the 310% on live be given it for free just because a patch happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Which is how it has worked on live for a long time, why should people who are too lazy and cheap to have bought the 310% on live be given it for free just because a patch happens?
    No one ever said it worked that way. Your logic also doesn't work.

Currently on live:
    150% (250g) -> 280% (5,000g) -> 310% (5,000g) = 10,250g total

Once pre-patch hits:

New players will go (or those with 150% only): 150% (250g) -> 310% (5,000g) = 5,250g total
    Old players who have have 280% will go: 150% (250g) -> 280% (5,000g) -> 310% (5,000g) = 10,250g total

So yes, it is dumb that they just don't convert 280% over to the 310%.

But where are the troll beards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    But where are the troll beards?
    i second this comment
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Currently on live:

Once pre-patch hits:

New players will go (or those with 150% only): 150% (250g) -> 310% (5,000g) = 5,250g total
    Old players who have have 280% will go: 150% (250g) -> 280% (5,000g) -> 310% (5,000g) = 10,250g total

It's not dumb, it's literally the same thing for all old characters on live. If you are an older character on live and have 280% flying you will be paying the same as everybody else who already has 310%. What you are asking for is that an older toon gets that extra 30% for free instead of paying the 5k like every other LIVE character already has. So if people who have 280% were given free 310% everyone who has ever paid for 280% would want their 5k back.

Still seems stupid, that a new player gets more bang for the buck.
    They should at least give a discount to people who got 280% flying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Need more moonkin forms..

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I’m not trying to start a Horde vs Alliance bias issue, but looking at the list of things changed it definitely seems like a lot more work went into Alliance races than Horde.
    The tauren got a ton of love as well as the orcs and blood elves imo. Forsaken got some neet stuff as well, but could be pushed even further, same for trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by quakicon View Post
    The tauren got a ton of love as well as the orcs and blood elves imo. Forsaken got some neet stuff as well, but could be pushed even further, same for trolls.
    Well, maybe I should say more big changes, I guess. The reason I say that is because humans got tons of things along with face slider options (only 3 so not a big selection but it’s there). Other Alliance races got new skin tones and eye color options (the Worgen eye combo looks awesome).
    The Horde mainly seem to have gotten things like jewelry options. There are those that stand out, like new beard styles for Orcs and tattoo/grime options. BEs even got new beards. Forsaken seemed to have gotten the most significant options, with different decay levels.
    Both get things like the beard options, along with some getting flowers and leaves in their hair and beards.
    I guess what stands out is the significant part of it.
    Again, I’m not trying to start a Horde vs Alliance bias thread as I don’t think there is one; it just seems like Alliance got a lot of big, noticeable changes. That might be offset by things that Horde got thru the years (such as upright male Orcs), but it’s mainly just the list for these changes seems skewed.
    Overall, I am happy with everything Blizzard did for new customization options.
    Just to add something, while all these customization options are great, I still would love it if Blizzard put some time into making helmets and things work on all races. Seeing helmets sticking on a Tauren’s head while leaving it’s neck exposed it ugly, let alone some ears sticking out. There’s also issues with the stretching of certain models on races like Worgen, Vulpera, and Tauren, along with some boots looking like they are 3 times to big to be wearable by female BEs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Maybe offer a discounted price?
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-10-13 at 09:22 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How come trolls don't get beards?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    How come trolls don't get beards?
    Because they arent popular enough.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The word that springs to mind is.. overdue.

By no means am I dissatisfied with these updates, but it does make me wonder if they now feel “done” with it, and are thus going to keep a hands-off approach for two-or-more expansions.

Now allied races are lagging quite behind on most customisation options, compared to the main race. I compared the two orc races and the two tauren races and it is a rather large gap in customisation. Agreed, allied races are not core races story-wise, but why not equal races in options? I am hoping that it is a time-related issue, and that they will get to allied races. Some options are very lacking, still. Like Nightborne hair options.
    They said when they announced SL that they would be focusing on the non-allied races with these customizations; anything we have gotten for allied races has been gravy. They've also said this is something they'll continue to add to throughout SL, and to keep submitting ideas. How true that will end up being.. I guess we'll see.

I’m not trying to start a Horde vs Alliance bias issue, but looking at the list of things changed it definitely seems like a lot more work went into Alliance races than Horde.
    Night elves got the most changes, aside from that they are about equal. Obviously void elves got the 'most' changes of any allied race simply because they got the blood elf skin colors, but this hardly matters, especially if Blizzard properly updates the rest of the allied races later.

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    is this really the highlight of this glorified content patch? An improved character creation screen?
    And here comes the salt. I mean really, what were you expecting from the pre-patch? Free shadowlands access? Give me a break, lol.

Don't worry though, as there is a pre-patch event as well. They are just showcasing the most popular feature of the patch, which the vast majority of the playerbase appreciates to some degree. If it doesn't apply to you, feel free to ignore it... or get salty over nothing if that's your preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently on live:

Once pre-patch hits:

The only issue I have with this is if players with 280% go down to 150% and lose the gold they spent on that. That's bullshit. It should go up to 310%, because the 310% is effectively replacing the 280%.

The fact that players who spent 5,000 to get 310% and enjoyed +30% speed for years being salty that new players don't have to go through spending stupid amounts of gold for a tiny increase as well is just stupid IMHO. I'd be fine if they made it all free, even. I got what I paid for and I'm happy, I don't have this arbitrary need for other players to 'suffer' just because I spent gold on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Still seems stupid, that a new player gets more bang for the buck.
    They should at least give a discount to people who got 280% flying.
    My honest question is WHY don't you already have 310% flying if you owned BFA, have a 120 character and played the game for any amount of time? Considering how many of the stupidly easy 2000g emissary quests were thrown out there every week. At this point if you don't have 310% flying it's because you didn't want to buy it not because gold is difficult to come across.

Well, maybe I should say more big changes, I guess. The reason I say that is because humans got tons of things along with face slider options (only 3 so not a big selection but it’s there). Other Alliance races got new skin tones and eye color options (the Worgen eye combo looks awesome).
    The Horde mainly seem to have gotten things like jewelry options. There are those that stand out, like new beard styles for Orcs and tattoo/grime options. BEs even got new beards. Forsaken seemed to have gotten the most significant options, with different decay levels.
    Both get things like the beard options, along with some getting flowers and leaves in their hair and beards.
    I guess what stands out is the significant part of it.
    Again, I’m not trying to start a Horde vs Alliance bias thread as I don’t think there is one; it just seems like Alliance got a lot of big, noticeable changes. That might be offset by things that Horde got thru the years (such as upright male Orcs), but it’s mainly just the list for these changes seems skewed.
    Overall, I am happy with everything Blizzard did for new customization options.
    Just to add something, while all these customization options are great, I still would love it if Blizzard put some time into making helmets and things work on all races. Seeing helmets sticking on a Tauren’s head while leaving it’s neck exposed it ugly, let alone some ears sticking out. There’s also issues with the stretching of certain models on races like Worgen, Vulpera, and Tauren, along with some boots looking like they are 3 times to big to be wearable by female BEs.
    whoever wrote the mmo champion thread, went into more detail on stating the alliance changes, than they did the horde.

They were also not even either, they sip over a lot of chagnes available that you can even see in some of the pictures, but aren't mentioned in the text, , their information isn't comprehensive.

It's excellent work, but they should have gone all the way and if they made skin tone and eye colors available across elven races, they should have also done so for hair color and styles.

Aka WTB white hair color for Velf and more styles.