10+ Year Old Account
    Damn what an ugly map that one is.

I managed Lv8 with a few buddies.

I liked the critical engagement against the FF7 scorpion mech. My favorite part was when it launched a missile barrage and you had to dodge AoEs for a minute. AoEs... everywhere!

After that, we got to watch someone try to duel the Gabriel glider from Type-0. Lasted about a minute. The boss didn't seem too hard, but the player got knock backed into the ring of death that surrounds the arena and that was that. Maybe it has to be interrupted?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    So the PvE content for this patch is just FATEs?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    SE heard the feedback on how fun it was to farm braindead NMs and brought fan favourite content back.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Yes, but the FATEs/skirmishes/critical engagements are actually fun and somewhat challenging, like dungeon boss battles. Lots of AoEs to engage your brain and they aren't undodgeable. Plus, you can equip Lost actions/items in your special slot (like the item you use the Lakshimi fight). For example, you can equip Lost Cure III, which allows you use a powerful AoE heal, or a Lost Phoenix Down that lets you insta rez people during combat. You're going to need those items because you can't zerg the Critical Engagements; once it starts no one can go in or out, so it's like a dungeon boss.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yes, but the FATEs/skirmishes/critical engagements are actually fun and somewhat challenging, like dungeon boss battles. Lots of AoEs to engage your brain and they aren't undodgeable. Plus, you can equip Lost actions/items in your special slot (like the item you use the Lakshimi fight). For example, you can equip Lost Cure III, which allows you use a powerful AoE heal, or a Lost Phoenix Down that lets you insta rez people during combat. You're going to need those items because you can't zerg the Critical Engagements; once it starts no one can go in or out, so it's like a dungeon boss.
    Yeah I've played it already. The fate bosses are more involved. I hate lost actions because they are consumables and I'm not interested in farming crystals for RNG chance to get something fun that will be spent and I'll have to farm again. But overall was just asking if it was just FATEs what was added. The Relic quest just sends you to do FATEs as well.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

You can accept the quest to upgrade your relic weapon on a level 80 job, and then switch to a level 71-80 job and level up in Bozja. You will still get the relic quest items from the skirmishes and critical engagements. I leveled up my Ninja from 71 to 80 in half an hour. I also got 30 tomes of Allegory, so yeah I guess I can casually hang out here in Bozja over the week and level up my jobs and cap my allegory and get better weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I've played it already. The fate bosses are more involved. I hate lost actions because they are consumables and I'm not interested in farming crystals for RNG chance to get something fun that will be spent and I'll have to farm again. But overall was just asking if it was just FATEs what was added. The Relic quest just sends you to do FATEs as well.
    Lost actions come in stacks of 99. I spam Lost Cure III during fights to heal up my party and I don't feel like I'm ever in danger of running out. If I somehow manage to use up all 99 stacks, I still have 3 more Lost Cure IIIs, so that's 300 more times I can spam it. And Lost Actions/Items drop like candy from the skirmishes and engagements. I have more actions and items that I can equip (you can have 6 equipped at a time).

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lost actions come in stacks of 99. I spam Lost Cure III during fights to heal up my party and I don't feel like I'm ever in danger of running out. If I somehow manage to use up all 99 stacks, I still have 3 more Lost Cure IIIs, so that's 300 more times I can spam it. And Lost Actions/Items drop like candy from the skirmishes and engagements. I have more actions and items that I can equip (you can have 6 equipped at a time).
    So if you equip an ability once it gives you 99 uses? Neat. I was suspicious they would be consumables so tested with a potion and it was a one use so assumed it would be the same for the abilities.

So if you equip an ability once it gives you 99 uses? Neat. I was suspicious they would be consumables so tested with a potion and it was a one use so assumed it would be the same for the abilities.
    When you equip an ability, you get 99 stacks. Items are one time uses though.

When you equip an ability, you get 99 stacks. Items are one time uses though.
    Not all of them, i got Lost Protect and thats got no use counter, so far only sneak and sprint have for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    After that, we got to watch someone try to duel the Gabriel glider from Type-0. Lasted about a minute. The boss didn't seem too hard, but the player got knock backed into the ring of death that surrounds the arena and that was that. Maybe it has to be interrupted?
    Did we watch the same Elezen pally?

Wait till you see the red Chocobo...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did we watch the same Elezen pally?

Wait till you see the red Chocobo...
    I saw a lalafell dark knight so probably not.

I'm guessing that the Red Chocobo spams meteor AoEs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a lalafell dark knight so probably not.

I'm guessing that the Red Chocobo spams meteor AoEs?
    Among other things, it has a nasty void combination of a cross and round voids going around the outer edges. Naturally, everything is instagib and these can overlap.

twice i've been kicked out during a tough boss because i lost track of time so that says how engaging im finding it i guess.

I'm not one of those guys who think Stormblood was terrible (I quite liked it as an adventure story), but when it comes to empires and war in a more grounded setting, this is the story I would have preferred to have had focus. Hoping this shows up in the questline, but so far I'm only really seeing this stuff in the FATEs.

Also, lolol this statement

Dude. Come on. You guys have summoners who have Egis that fight for you. It's literally the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we just wiped for the first time in a Critical Engagement. We were fighting Patriot. Half of the 48 man raid was wiped out by the lasers. We were waiting for rezzes that never came. No idea what the people who could rez were doing, but then the lasers hit again and there were four people left, and then they got lazered and that was GG.

Garleans also can't manipulate aether in the vast majority of cases, too...

It's good to see some more nuance this time around, though.

got bored of the new area pretty quick. think i preferred eureka more.

Almost rank 10 and boy the story starts dropping some interesting stuff, i could see a new trial showing up at the end of this.

- - - Updated - - -

One major complaint: 52 lockboxes opened, 4 materia, 1 pet, 46 indigo prism firework things. I would rather take the cheapest gil token instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    One major complaint: 52 lockboxes opened, 4 materia, 1 pet, 46 indigo prism firework things. I would rather take the cheapest gil token instead.
    And then you have me where I only opened 4 and got 3 indigo prisms and Gabriel α >.>
    * ducks for cover

Just did the Resistance Rank 7 quest

Damn. The penalty for speeding is brutal. Don't try to evade the traffic cops!

Story spoilers
    Spoiler: 
    I am pleasantly surprised. I was expecting either the new Garlean commander, or the mole in the army to start cackling like your usual evil bad guys, or for the Garlean commander to cut down the mole as her "just reward" or something. But no, they're chill and competent. The mole trusts in her Garlean commander, and the commander retains the loyalty of the mole by rewarding her fairly, and promising more.

I guess years of terrible JRPG bad guy logic have lowered my expectations to the point that basic competency is now... extraordinary in my eyes.