Poll: New Shadowlands release date?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I completely agree, there is enough to do in the 4-5 weeks from expansion launch to raid opening, especially if we consider the holidays in between. This is like every expansion should launch imho, as it would prevent rushing to just get prepared asap for raids.
    I agree with this. I'd also prefer expansion launches where you know you have enough time to farm dungeon BIS, while exploring some of the other parts of the game at your own speed. All the while keeping your real life commitments. Expansion launches where you have to play 16 hours per day just to keep up serve no real purpose for the vast majority of gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Tentative guess is Nov 17th. Any later and it tries to cram itself right in the middle of the Thanksgiving / Christmas season. Since we know they're releasing the raid 2 weeks after launch, that's pretty much the only date it can be.

November 24th would be the next week, but the 26th is Thanksgiving and you'd assume they want to be home with their families and not troubleshooting a botched launch if it goes South.

Dec 1st could be a possibility as it would be 15th when raiding goes live. That would give the world first guilds a week to race to first before near Christmas time and a reduced WoW crew.

Dec 15th is my second longest shot date. That would put the raid start at the 29th, wedging it in between Christmas and New Years.

My longest shot is that they just delay it until 2021. Frankly, they don't have a lot of great options and the system lasagna they've created is going to be next to impossible to balance. This delay is a stop gap measure in the hopes they can pull something even close to balance, but even if so, it doesn't address another major issue players have with it; the switching for different aspects of content.
    I think if they release in december they wil delay the raid until january, that would make this date work,
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I think if they release in december they wil delay the raid until january, that would make this date work,
    they will
    honestly the people who are saying "no they cant afford to delay raid" dont realize the amount of stuff that you ae going to be doing at cap

December 8th or 2021 would be perfect for me. For starters December 8th it's holiday in Spain/Portugal and I can book 3 days off in that week without a problem.

November is a big no go for me since I already took a week off for PS5 and Demon Souls

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    they will
    honestly the people who are saying "no they cant afford to delay raid" dont realize the amount of stuff that you ae going to be doing at cap
    Yeah it's fine by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    What do you think will happen with the Shadowlands Collector's Edition and other physical editions? Will they be shipped on previous release date or are they also delayed until the actual expansion is launched?
    They've already been shipped and for example, my ordered CE is in delivery and will get to me today (pre-ordered on Amazon).

Edit: got delivered.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-13 at 01:54 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Mid January.
    I am thinking this as well
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I just think that if they were going to release it this year, they would have not delayed, released it on time and fixed it before the holidays. I think we will see a delay into next year.

Holidays are fast approaching after a very tough year. This being the MMO, with world firsts and a long and storied history makes it even more difficult to pull off.

I do hope it launches this year. However, I have very strong doubts about that even being possible, much less an expected course of action. I hope I'm wrong.

My prediction is still the same, early 2021, but I would love for the game to be finished and out this year, but if it is not finished, they should take the time they need. I feel BFA could have used some more time in development, and look how the launch period hurt the perception of this xpak.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-13 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I am thinking this as well
    and for every day that passes and Blizzard is quiet about launch date, 2021 release gets more and more likely.

And if the game was as busted as people say it was, they have alot to work on.

The 2021 crowd retardness can only be possible in such dirtholes like MMOC, aint it?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    What do you think will happen with the Shadowlands Collector's Edition and other physical editions? Will they be shipped on previous release date or are they also delayed until the actual expansion is launched?
    CE underway and deliveries immiment, if not delivered to customers today already.

be aware: no other physical editions anymore, it is blizzard shop or nothing.

and for every day that passes and Blizzard is quiet about launch date, 2021 release gets more and more likely.

No it doesn't. Blizzard isn't going to say anything until they are ready. Everything they do have out there still says 2020. A 2020 release is still far more likely as if they knew it was going to be 2021, they would just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Prove it. Prove that every single release is planned around other games. I double dog dare you, because you can't, because they don't do it.
    It's pretty common knowledge at this point, and it's happened too many times to just be a coincidence.

Sorry, I don't find links for people on the internet anymore, just for them to be called fake.

Pretty much. Dont think they will want to risk a Dec release with the Holidays . If it was near ready We should have heard something . If it does release in Dec, I dont think that it will be as polished as people want and t will suffer. I dont see any way it releases in NOV with Cyberpunk 2077 or near the releases of the new Consoles. Jan seems a far safer bet to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It's pretty common knowledge at this point, and it's happened too many times to just be a coincidence.

Sorry, I don't find links for people on the internet anymore, just for them to be called fake.
    Are people actually saying Game companies dont delay releases because other bigger titles release near then? Jesus that been a thing since forever, same with movies .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Prove it. Prove that every single release is planned around other games. I double dog dare you, because you can't, because they don't do it.
    This is hilarious. This has been a thing since Vidoe games came out on consoles and PC. Hell I even remember it being a thing in the Arcade days
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I have to say that well I do believe it will be the 2nd of December it’s very possible it’s at the 6 week mark of prepatch.....though it makes more sense to go for 7 weeks because holidays

Then I hope a longer gap between launch and season one because not doing so is dumb for shadowlands and how the systems work

The January raid schedule makes more sense (also the ppl saying we know there’s only a two week gap...we know nothing)
    I think week 1 is a possible 5 renown now
    Every week you get 100 or so soul ash
    War mode is going to really screw with the experience of having only 5 zones

Ideally that gap alleviates pressure on a majority of players and possibly allows a launch of lfr at the same time

I’ll just be happy my alt can keep up with my main....possibly...I’m still debating on the alt choice.

Plus a 6 week rotation really helps with the legendary power acquisition since some are from world bosses

I see no positive to a 2 week raid release or a delay to 2021 especially with blizzconline

24th of November. Take it or leave it.

We ain't raiding Castle Nathria this year on the live servers.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

As somebody who accurately guessed the prepatch and SL post-December release date when everyone was saying I was off the mark, I can confidently say SL isn't coming until Jan. Event for prepatch won't be released until November, this is obvious as they have refused to release the first phase of the event in order to prolong the patch, it's going to be around for a very very long time.

Jan 5th would be an optimistic date at this point, let's just say that. Anyone saying it's coming in November are just off with the clouds delusional btw

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    As somebody who accurately guessed the prepatch and SL post-December release date when everyone was saying I was off the mark, I can confidently say SL isn't coming until Jan. Event for prepatch won't be released until November, this is obvious as they have refused to release the first phase of the event in order to prolong the patch, it's going to be around for a very very long time.

Jan 5th would be an optimistic date at this point, let's just say that. Anyone saying it's coming in November are just off with the clouds delusional btw
    They won't wait that long, even on the site, and in-game when buying the x-pac it says on or before December 31st 2020. so it will be before Dec 31st.

16th anniversary ends 30/11, it's another nail in the coffin for November release. Blizzard won't give us 16% XP/reputation boost on start of expansion.

Imo right now Blizzard try to decide between 1st and 8th December. 15th is too close to Christmas break, kinda doubt Blizz want to piss their devs even more this year and cut their holidays.