Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I liked it, but I wish it wasn't that easy to kidnap a highking.

I'm asking myself why she did that. I mean Sylvanas didn't kill, but abduct him. Sooo she needs his help? *still hoping for more than Garrosh 2.0*
    I have no clue about Shadowlands lore, but there isn't any clear indication that this is from Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    This is just what I got from the trailer and my limited knowledge of beta. During the time that our PCs and our faction leaders are in the Shadowlands, Shandris, Taelia, Mayla, Aggra and Genn will become much more prominent in the story as it develops back on Azeroth. Expect to come back to a very different Azeroth after we are done in the Shadowlands as time passes very differently between both realms.
    sort of, there is other people who take up roles at home while we are gone, including turylon taking leadership as the leader of the alliance, with genn at his side.

15+ Year Old Account
    anyone else feel weird seeing whitemane as a dk?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I have no clue about Shadowlands lore, but there isn't any clear indication that this is from Sylvanas.
    yes, these are from sylvanas, and very obviously so.

Syvlanas flees saying they will all pay
    the sky shatters
    then vry'kul like things fly from the sky and use shadow chains to kidnap specific people.
    of course its fucking sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again, thrall, baine, jaina, and anduin are all captured and brought to the maw to be tortured and drained of anima forever.
    I tried to not spoiler myself too much with SL lore yet. Didn't see this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Bias? Should we talk about how the Horde lost all warfronts, the zandalari leader, saurfang, sylvanas and nathanos went bad ... bias .. lol
    Dude, the horde literally got away with genocide and countless this expansion. You brought one of the Alliance races to the brink of extinction without lasting consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yu mean there is no indication Sylvanas abducted Anduin?

I think it was pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I tried to not spoiler myself too much with SL lore yet. Didn't see this by now.
    The people shown in the cinematic are the ones stolen, they were stated as such back at blizzcon but we just didnt know how, so supposedly all of them got grabbed like this, but they only showed 1 cause showing them all would be annoying.

"NOOOOOOOO!"
    lol Are you serious acti-blizz?

And remember guys: Sylvanas never be new Garosh!

This looks very silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Blizzard still doesn't know how to convey a story.

It's always this myriad of one liner riddles tied to a random 5 second action scene.
    Most of the story is still confined to their books. I don't think I remember a time when it wasn't. My Wife recently became a bit of a lore junkie so she has been reading a lot of them lately.

Most of the story is still confined to their books.
    And thats why most WoW players don't care about story in Wow. They are simply out of tuch with fragmented lore and world.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    tried new starting scenario on US till EU servers will be up - boring and way way to easy - complete dissapointment.

i bet whole leveling will be like that
    Have you missed like the last decade? Yes, of course leveling is easy. WoW is not hardcore game.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    WoW's textures are still stuck in 2004
    Old world? Partly yes as they have not updated a lot of the old stuff. New one? No...

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I disagree. Not every humanoid with wings looks like a val'kyr. And making an assumption based on "well, they look alike" is pretty silly, in my opinion.
    Genn screaming for Sylvanas does sound a bit like other people already mentioned, him blaming literally anything on her, even if his toast lands on the buttered side.

Also, him trying to grab Anduin should have been way more prominent than one single frame. I had to rewatch this thing three times before I saw it. At the moment it looks more like he is standing there like a stump so that the plot can happen.

Not a bad cinematic overall, but far from their best.
    It’s not “every humanoid.” They have the exact same coloration with the ethereal bluish-white bodies and black wings with particle effects. I didn’t realize it wasn’t Val’kyr until they got closer, and even then they could have just gotten updated models from following Syl into the Shadowlands.
    I said previously that Genn tends to blame Sylvanas for everything. Hell, even at Broken Shore while Voljin was leading the Horde he put the blame on Sylvanas without knowing Voljin was mortally sounded. In this case, however, he is actually justified to think it’s her since they are so alike the Dark Val’kyr that follow her, and at this time they don’t know what happened at Icecrown.

This is just what I got from the trailer and my limited knowledge of beta. During the time that our PCs and our faction leaders are in the Shadowlands, Shandris, Taelia, Mayla, Aggra and Genn will become much more prominent in the story as it develops back on Azeroth. Expect to come back to a very different Azeroth after we are done in the Shadowlands as time passes very differently between both realms.
    Since Legion the end of the world (as we know it) is planned. We got the tools to reshape the world, Azeroth is foretold to wake up (thus destroying the planet, which is nothing but her egg-shell), and now we are sent to the plane of death and shadows, just to return to... well definitely not the Azeroth we left.

That was awful, lol!

That's how they get kidnapped? A bunch of drive-bys that leave 5 other people screaming, "NOOOO! SYLVANAAAAAAS! Y U DO DAT?!" at the sky? Very dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ... They are literally from the same place my dude...

Kyrian are literally the original val'kyr, and mawsworn are corrupt kyrian, and val'kyr we see sylvanas using at corrupt val'kyr.
    Val'kyr are literally just kyrians 2.0, made by odin using the power he gained from trading his eye with a being inside the shadowlands.

you need to learn your lore.
    I never questioned their origin, though? Not sure what that has to do with anything, especially not with "me needing to learn the lore".
    If a night elf charges at you in a BG, do you go "Fuck, thought that was a troll for a second." because they have the same origin?

Yes, Mawsworn and Val'kyr have the same origin. They still don't look so similiar to me that I would immediatily assume "Val'kyr". If you still want me to debate on that, or call out my lore knowledge for some reason, be my guest. That's just how I look at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha chain goes yoink!

Oh I know what was missing from the cinematic! One of the Valkyr saying "Lady Sylvanas sends her regards!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Reduce the population to mitigate climate change?
    Yeah now that would be some great lore!