Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah yes. People pay 5M for a mount with an Auction House that Blizzard claims to have removed because they regret giving it an AH (from my recollection) because it gives 0 advantage.

Makes sense.
    We are talking about raid progress. Obviously having an ah everywhere you can mount is convenient. But this does not impact raiding at all.

Makes sense.

I honestly do not see the purpose of the thread?

Blizzard stated already almost a year ago reason why they are removing the Brutosaur from vendor to Black Market is to make it not as common as the Mammoth and Yak due to the Auction House NPC which I find a wise decision.

They are only making it harder to obtain, not removing it completely which I would've been fine with too due to I already own one but the moving to Black Market was a fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Earning 5M gold has nothing to do with luck.
    Given that there have been singular drop-chance specific items going for millions of gold it should be evident that that is bullshit. ^^
    It doesn't need to have anything to do with it, but luck can and often does come into play very clearly.

People always want to believe their "achievement" has nothing to do with luck so as to not detract from their own part in its occurence, but in practice that's rarely true.
    And such people will attempt to distort heaven and earth to obscure the truth from themselves and others.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Say that when you turn world second for 12 seconds and it took you 13 seconds to buy that pot
    ...and imagine how much time they would save if they came to raids prepared: insane amounts of time!

Top end raid teams, so disorganized and unprepared.

It would be a modest but clear advantage to progress. Expect to either see more mobile AHs within months or for the item to be nerfed and have something else on it.
    The tin-foil hat is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Did you ask them how their lives would be without the mount?? Because here’s the reality of any top guild

You have a guild bank full of mats and consumables. You don’t rely on the AH during progress pulls unless you are stuck and need something like a BoE
    This.

Let's pretend that we buy into the OP's assertion. The ONLY way for the longboi to provide any sort of time benefit is if you have an engineer in raid to put out a moll-e to receive the mail. The OP believes that the longboi will give an advantage on the world first race. Let's assume the average raid boss takes 150 pulls. Players can use both the longboi and the moll-e simultaneously, so you can assume that players will use them in parallel, not one-at-a-time. This means that you can just lump it together as just one interaction instead of many. Now, in order to find the actual time benefit, you have to compare it with the alternative -- logging onto an alt and either mailing or depositing it into the guild bank. This depends on how fast your load times are. Let's assume 20 seconds. So using a longboi will give you a 20 second benefit. So how often will we utilize this benefit? Well, flasks are on a timer of 1 hour, and potions are on use. Let's assume that these raiders have more than two brain cells and don't buy consumables one at a time. We'll even be generous to the OP and assume they use at least one pot for every pull. A stack of flasks isn't hard, so we'll assume that we're limited by potions. Seven and a half stacks of potions is obnoxious, but not undoable. So let's assume that since these guys are going after world first and don't want to stop what they're doing. Let's say that we use the longboi once per boss. Castle Nathria has 10 bosses. So we have an advantage of 200 seconds or 3.33 minutes over using an AH alt . . . for the entire raid. The only requirement is that we have at least one engineer in the raid to use moll-e in order to get the things from the AH.

Now, let's look at what Blizzard faces should they nerf the longboi over a 3.33 minute lead for 20 people in the world first race. First off, they'll lose face and hard-earned trust of the playerbase considering that people spent real money, or shit tons of time to get the longboi while they publicly said that they would never remove the AH from the mount. Player trust actually costs money for Blizzard since loss of trust results in fewer subs, and players much less likely to invest in cool shit in the future. Then you have the strain from people submitting tickets for refunds on the mount, which would be next to impossible, but would still clog the system regardless. I mean, they already severely eroded player trust just by removing it by the end of the BFA cycle. So thousands, possibly millions of dollars sacrificed for 3.33 minutes. So I would argue that there is an almost non-existent chance of them nerfing it.

As for adding more, they took a very unpopular position by removing easy access to buying the longboi. They did this because the longboi was designed as a gold sink to help the economy, but Blizzard remembered part way through that they like shoving everyone into old world capital cities. Thus the removal. So adding a new one is not impossible, but very unlikely, and even then, probably not for another three expansions.

tl;dr -- The benefit of using a longboi over a bank alt, is really infinitesimally small in the scheme of things, and even then is questionable since you require an engineer. On top of that, by nerfing it, Blizzard stands to lose a lot of money, and adding more goes against their current development policies. So longboi is unlikely to go anywhere.

I rule that the OP is either strong with the tinfoil hat or a troll. Either way, this was a hilarious topic. 10/10, would rant again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Given that there have been singular drop-chance specific items going for millions of gold it should be evident that that is bullshit. ^^
    It doesn't need to have anything to do with it, but luck can and sometimes does come into play very clearly.

People always want to believe their "achievement" has nothing to do with luck so as to not detract from their own part in its occurence, but in practice that's rarely true.
    And such people will attempt to distort heaven and earth to obscure the truth from themselves and others.
    Fixed.

Ya know, I can link you some very good gold making guides that have nothing to do with luck. A whole bunch of goldmakers get their wealth from three things: persistence, patience, and time. Highest monetary value item I got that was chance based sold for roughly 80,000 gold. . . . That's a drop in the bucket for a 5 million price tag.
    Last edited by Scrysis; 2020-10-14 at 11:28 AM.

I said modest but clear. Couple of minutes each raid multiplied by months of raiding it can be a lot of time wasted. People care even if they lose 1 position in ranks.
    If your raiders do not come prepared to the raid you have other issues to fix than getting an AH mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    The tin-foil hat is strong with this one.

This.

Let's pretend that we buy into the OP's assertion. The ONLY way for the longboi to provide any sort of time benefit is if you have an engineer in raid to put out a moll-e to receive the mail. The OP believes that the longboi will give an advantage on the world first race. Let's assume the average raid boss takes 150 pulls. Players can use both the longboi and the moll-e simultaneously, so you can assume that players will use them in parallel, not one-at-a-time. This means that you can just lump it together as just one interaction instead of many. Now, in order to find the actual time benefit, you have to compare it with the alternative -- logging onto an alt and either mailing or depositing it into the guild bank. This depends on how fast your load times are. Let's assume 20 seconds. So using a longboi will give you a 20 second benefit. So how often will we utilize this benefit? Well, flasks are on a timer of 1 hour, and potions are on use. Let's assume that these raiders have more than two brain cells and don't buy consumables one at a time. We'll even be generous to the OP and assume they use at least one pot for every pull. A stack of flasks isn't hard, so we'll assume that we're limited by potions. Seven and a half stacks of potions is obnoxious, but not undoable. So let's assume that since these guys are going after world first and don't want to stop what they're doing. Let's say that we use the longboi once per boss. Castle Nathria has 10 bosses. So we have an advantage of 200 seconds or 3.33 minutes over using an AH alt . . . for the entire raid. The only requirement is that we have at least one engineer in the raid to use moll-e in order to get the things from the AH.

Now, let's look at what Blizzard faces should they nerf the longboi over a 3.33 minute lead for 20 people in the world first race. First off, they'll lose face and hard-earned trust of the playerbase considering that people spent real money, or shit tons of time to get the longboi while they publicly said that they would never remove the AH from the mount. Player trust actually costs money for Blizzard since loss of trust results in fewer subs, and players much less likely to invest in cool shit in the future. Then you have the strain from people submitting tickets for refunds on the mount, which would be next to impossible, but would still clog the system regardless. I mean, they already severely eroded player trust just by removing it by the end of the BFA cycle. So thousands, possibly millions of dollars sacrificed for 3.33 minutes. So I would argue that there is an almost non-existent chance of them nerfing it.

As for adding more, they took a very unpopular position by removing easy access to buying the longboi. They did this because the longboi was designed as a gold sink to help the economy, but Blizzard remembered part way through that they like shoving everyone into old world capital cities. Thus the removal. So adding a new one is not impossible, but very unlikely, and even then, probably not for another three expansions.

tl;dr -- The benefit of using a longboi over a bank alt, is really infinitesimally small in the scheme of things, and even then is questionable since you require an engineer. On top of that, by nerfing it, Blizzard stands to lose a lot of money, and adding more goes against their current development policies. So longboi is unlikely to go anywhere.

I rule that the OP is either strong with the tinfoil hat or a troll. Either way, this was a hilarious topic. 10/10, would rant again.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed.

Ya know, I can link you some very good gold making guides that have nothing to do with luck. A whole bunch of goldmakers get their wealth from three things: persistence, patience, and time. Highest monetary value item I got that was chance based sold for roughly 80,000 gold. . . . That's a drop in the bucket for a 5 million price tag.
    Often is still more accurate.
    As to the gold: If i wanted that i'd just buy it with tokens, it would be a lot more efficient use of my time and money.

One can over-grind in any game to make it trivial, but that just takes the fun out of it; if the game is then balanced around people overgrinding that takes the fun out of it for me, that's the point.
    That's also the point of principle behind me not buying all the gold i desire; it encourages poor game design, grind/luck/pay to win is all the same bucket to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a modest but clear advantage to progress. Expect to either see more mobile AHs within months or for the item to be nerfed and have something else on it.
    I mean, we probably will, but this isn't the reason in the slightest. Money is.

And it really isn't a "modest" advantage, it may save you a small amount of time here and there if you're bad and don't come prepared, but it doesn't give you access to something others don't, just a slightly faster way to access. The only time this is really an advantage is world first races, which like .0000000002% of the population takes place in, and where they all likely have Brutosaurs from years of selling runs.

Also, indoor raids lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    We are talking about raid progress. Obviously having an ah everywhere you can mount is convenient. But this does not impact raiding at all.

Makes sense.
    Fair enough then. And I still disagree that it doesn't impact raiding at all, but it mainly impacts AH junkies.

The type to have it already, I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't need to have anything to do with it, but luck can and often does come into play very clearly.

Servers also play a role in it. I play a server that at the start of BfA was touted as "the server to go to to sell mogs and other items," by goldmaking youtubers.

Guess what happened?

Fair enough then. And I still disagree that it doesn't impact raiding at all, but it mainly impacts AH junkies.

- - - Updated - - -

Servers also play a role in it. I play a server that at the start of BfA was touted as "the server to go to to sell mogs and other items," by goldmaking youtubers.

Guess what happened?
    Everybody joined in and prices collapsed?
    My god it almost seems like the real market.
    Which is why i prefer the real market to make money, if you're gonna bother learning the reins at least do it to make some real money.
    Still sucks that i can't (i think) turn the tide on the overpriced bullshit on my own, it's by far a worse threat to the economy aspect of WoW than WoD's free gold ever was.

I said modest but clear. Couple of minutes each raid multiplied by months of raiding it can be a lot of time wasted. People care even if they lose 1 position in ranks.
    Any guild for whom this is a concern has multiple of these mounts. Hell, my guild has about 10 of the damn things.

I really don't care because I wasn't even playing WoW anymore until last week
    Literally wat. Sometimes I wonder if people are still subscribed to WoW.
    Nice job, bro.

Explain your raiding argument then, the OP made a terrible mess of it but lets see your insight to how it impacts raiding

Everybody joined in and prices collapsed?
    My god it almost seems like the real market.
    Which is why i prefer the real market to make money, if you're gonna bother learning the reins at least do it to make some real money.
    Still sucks that i can't (i think) turn the tide on the overpriced bullshit on my own, it's by far a worse threat to the economy aspect of WoW than WoD's free gold ever was.
    Everyone joined it. That means not just the obsessive farmers but also the multiboxers.

Transmog that goes for 500g regionally goes for 20g here. Crafted mats that used to go for 40 or 80 on other servers a piece went for 17-20g a piece here.

It's frustrating, but I guess I could've moved to another server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

Seems like next step.
    I don't care for ah mount but I'd pay real money for an actual airship with all that stuff for me.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchcrab View Post
    Explain your raiding argument then, the OP made a terrible mess of it but lets see your insight to how it impacts raiding
    I said I don't agree that it doesn't impacts raiding at all. Any loss or win of time impacts raiding. Whether or not it's negligible in the case of the Brutosaur is a different case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

Seems like next step.
    Considering gold and Blizzard balance are interchangeable via the WoW token, this would only cost 300k gold.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1- It offer 0 advantage over progression. AH has nearly no relevance now a days.

2- Lucky? how? They grinded their gold..

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Considering gold and Blizzard balance are interchangeable via the WoW token, this would only cost 300k gold.
    Quite a lot less compared to the Bruto that is like 500 euros give or take in WoW gold?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    ...and imagine how much time they would save if they came to raids prepared: insane amounts of time!

Top end raid teams, so disorganized and unprepared.
    If you are as mentally challenged as OP, you might be a tad disorganized and unprepared.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose