7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    To be clear, when Obama left office, the Hwasong-15 did not exist, let alone the lengthened version. North Korea also had perhaps 1-2 nuclear devices
    According to the wikipedia the Hwasong-15 was tested in November of 2017, the Hwasong-14 was tested in July that year as well so I question if you can blame Trump for that, especially since he more or less strangled North Korea's economy, heck even got Russia and China on board for a bit there when Kim went crazy over firing a missile over Japan. The US is, contrary to the views of the mainstream foreign policy experts, is in reality in a much better position since Trump, for his narrow minded reasons I'd add, avoided starting another stupid short sighted war with any country.

Do I call that success? Compared to the views of a moron like Marco Rubio or Hillary Clinton? Yes I do. Maybe it's not so obvious how much you guys fucked up in the 16 years before Trump, it sure isn't anywhere near as the comparatively minor problems he has created.

Yes minor problems, because compared to the colossal fuck-ups of Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, ISIS and Ukraine the fallout of Trump's foreign policy is largely insignificant outside of anger by the Europeans, and specifically the Europeans since you don't really hear Japan or Australia crying over Trump now do you? ( who were VERY angry over the shit you did under Obama and Bush I would add ).

I want to stress that I don't care to defend Trump. His presidency is over in two weeks anyway, but rather just how badly US foreign policy has been for two damned decades.

For what it's worth on most of these issues Biden, when he was VP not a senator, was actually the guy with the right ideas. It only took Obama until late 2015 to figure that out.

This spray-tanned egotist has pissed away 4 crucial years as North Korea finalized and deployed an actual nuclear deterrent. Even if Biden wins, he can't go back to Obama policy, because North Korea has actual nukes now. Trump never got a single goddamn thing from Kim. He got played like a fiddle, and we are all endangered for it. Irresponsible amateurism has consequences.
    This is true, Trump ultimately accomplished little save for the fact North Korea is no longer testing nukes or firing missiles over other nations ( which only really happened because China panicked when they fired a missile over Japan ). He failed to roll back North Korea's nuclear ambitions because to do so would have requires a different approach to foreign policy and different desires by China, who Kim depends on for his economy.

At the end of the day North Korea did decide, years ago, that they like Pakistan did would rather eat grass and get a nuclear deterrent.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-10-14 at 11:42 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't even know why Graham is panicking. Regardless of funding, the special interests groups and lobbyists will push votes through for him. That's just how it always works. I would be very pleasantly surprised if Harrison actually manages to beat him, but I don't see it happening.
    I agree you have to try really hard to lose as a republican in South Carolina, Lindsey has this in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I agree you have to try really hard to lose as a republican in South Carolina, Lindsey has this in the bag.
    Cunningham should win in NC, purely because it'll go down ballot. Biden is up in NC, so should be a Senate win too I hope.

SC has always leaned Republican so I highly doubt Harrison will be able to flip the seat especially since Biden is down in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Isn't it refreshing to see President Trump retweet things from such upstanding people as Andy Ngo and Ian Miles Cheong?

What great people all 3 are. God bless America!
    Maybe it's because I'm brown, but it fucks me off no end when I see people of colour grifting for Trump. It's fucking infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't even know why Graham is panicking. Regardless of funding, the special interests groups and lobbyists will push votes through for him. That's just how it always works. I would be very pleasantly surprised if Harrison actually manages to beat him, but I don't see it happening.
    His panicking and desperation is hella entertaining though regardless of the end result. I think Graham will win too, but ya know stranger things have happened, like Trump actually winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Trump ultimately accomplished little save for the fact North Korea is no longer testing nukes
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Oh sorry, the answer we were looking for was "North Korea blew up their only nuclear testing facility". Trump had nothing to do with it.

They are still launching/testing missiles. Trump did not stop that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Oh sorry, the answer we were looking for was "North Korea blew up their only nuclear testing facility". Trump had nothing to do with it.

Hey, now... that beautiful beach front property in NK, will be exploited after the election.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

It was China that had everything to do with it because they were strangling North Korea's economy over the missiles that flew over Japan.

I should be more specific: They aren't doing ICBM missile tests. Kim doing a test over what amounts to glorified Grad missiles doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Regarding why they aren't doing nuclear tests, it could very well be simply because they lost their test site as you mentioned, or it can be the UN sanctions ( when Russia and China actually enforced them ) pushed their hand, or because Kim did want to reach a deal but he and Trump couldn't agree to terms.

Because basically the US and not just Trump want NK to give up all nuclear weapons and NK is not willing to do that and neither is really fully willing to budge on that, and in particular US should never budge on it either.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-10-14 at 01:51 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    I should be more specific:
    Yeah, lots of people move the goalposts when it's pointed out they're either lying or wrong. You claimed Trump did something he didn't. You got called out on it.

- - - Updated - - -

So this one kind of... like, holy shit.

Trump is pushing the Great Barrington Declaration, which they say promotes the idea of herd immunity (yes, we've talked about that, no, you can't do it without either killing millions or a working vaccine). They also point at the long list of signatures of esteemed medical professionals, such as

1) Dr. Harold Shipman, who probably didn't sign anything, because in 1998 he was arrested for killing 200 of his own patients.

Okay, bad example, who else?

2) 18 homeopathic professionals with no medical degrees

Okay, not getting a lot better. Who else?

3) Nearly 100 massage therapists

Hoo boy.

4) Dr. Johnny Bananas

5) Dr. Person Fakename

and of course

6) Dr. I. P. Freely who I assume is a urologist.

The White House is pushing this.

No, really.

The only thing missing for a Trump story would be if it was signed by Dr. Hugh Jass.

wots all this about NK, havent they got an ICBM they were showing off the other day and have been producing firing platforms/transporters for ages now.

they just seem to be adding warheads to overwhelm interceptors, good strategy really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, lots of people move the goalposts when it's pointed out they're either lying or wrong. You claimed Trump did something he didn't. You got called out on it.

- - - Updated - - -

So this one kind of... like, holy shit.

Trump is pushing the Great Barrington Declaration, which they say promotes the idea of herd immunity (yes, we've talked about that, no, you can't do it without either killing millions or a working vaccine). They also point at the long list of signatures of esteemed medical professionals, such as

1) Dr. Harold Shipman, who probably didn't sign anything, because in 1998 he was arrested for killing 200 of his own patients.

Okay, bad example, who else?

2) 18 homeopathic professionals with no medical degrees

Okay, not getting a lot better. Who else?

3) Nearly 100 massage therapists

Hoo boy.

4) Dr. Johnny Bananas

5) Dr. Person Fakename

and of course

6) Dr. I. P. Freely who I assume is a urologist.

The White House is pushing this.

No, really.

The only thing missing for a Trump story would be if it was signed by Dr. Hugh Jass.
    They also just got a signature from a Dr. Corona Virus.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, lots of people move the goalposts when it's pointed out they're either lying or wrong. You claimed Trump did something he didn't. You got called out on it..
    The only one moving goalposts over here is the person accusing someone of lying over a short range artillery test as some example of how I am wrong when my post and the post I was replying to specifically involved North Korea's ICBMs.

Like seriously can you be more of a reprobate or is it something you get a kick out of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wots all this about NK, havent they got an ICBM they were showing off the other day and
    Yes. Yes they have. To claim otherwise would be disingenuous. The best someone could do is move the goalposts and say "well they haven't fired that one yet, NOBEL PRIZE BIGLY PLEAZE"

- - - Updated - - -

The only one
    Speaking of being disingenuous, Team Trump just shared a fake image of Biden in a wheelchair.

Trump is just as much fake news as saying "Trump stopped NK from launching missiles and testing nukes" is fake news. Nobody genuine can say that.

One of the few times I really, really wanted to DM or at least tweet someone was today when John Roberts of Fox News, who yes I follow, tweeted the lie of the NY Post article about Hunter Biden. I will say it here but "good job spreading Russian propaganda". Once again the person giving Giuliani this info is a Russian agent.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

the posts legal team is sweating buckets right now. who cleared this lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the posts legal team is sweating buckets right now. who cleared this lol
    Das Reich....I mean the Daily Mail is now running the story as well. It's basically a lot of Hunter Biden being high plus a random email.

It's a lot of nothing, but just something for Trump to whinge about.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    One of the few times I really, really wanted to DM or at least tweet someone was today when John Roberts of Fox News, who yes I follow, tweeted the lie of the NY Post article about Hunter Biden. I will say it here but "good job spreading Russian propaganda". Once again the person giving Giuliani this info is a Russian agent.
    Had to look this shit up.

But some journalists have questioned the veracity of the information, which the Post says was provided with help from President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani and former adviser Steve Bannon.
    Yeah, sterling sourcing there, Murdoch owned NY Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Had to look this shit up.

Yeah, sterling sourcing there, Murdoch owned NY Post.
    Which is exactly the hilarity of it. The reason Hilary got shot in the polls was because the FBI Director was the unwitting gunman.

So there is a new "documentary", I am wary to call it a documentary because it seem to be in the same line as a Dinesh D'Souza "documentary" i.e. absolute shit, called "Trump vs Hollywood" where Daphne Barak goes around to interview Trump supporting celebrities and how everyone is so mean to them and Trump for being Conservative. She interviews people like Dean Cain, Scott Baio, Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson i.e. actors, generally t.v., who peaked in the 90's or earlier and are pissed they don't get parts today. Not specifically about Trump but they like most Republicans have tied their existence to Trump as their Cheetos crusted man god.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...002948981.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    As expected Trump says something and then completely fails to do it. I'd pat myself on the back for guessing the report would not come out but I assume many figured the same.
    I've seen plenty of "what he meant was..." from this administration, but the DoJ saying "The president said a thing and literally didn't mean it at all" is an extremely dangerous precedent that should make everyone wary of leaving him in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So there is a new "documentary", I am wary to call it a documentary because it seem to be in the same line as a Dinesh D'Souza "documentary" i.e. absolute shit, called "Trump vs Hollywood" where Daphne Barak goes around to interview Trump supporting celebrities and how everyone is so mean to them and Trump for being Conservative. She interviews people like Dean Cain, Scott Baio, Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson i.e. actors, generally t.v., who peaked in the 90's or earlier and are pissed they don't get parts today. Not specifically about Trump but they like most Republicans have tied their existence to Trump as their Cheetos crusted man god.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...002948981.html
    That was quite funny. Is he racist? Silence.