Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I gotta side with the supposed trolls on this particular issue: If you don't "see" the value of time and the influence of saving it, then you're doing some serious mental gymnastics.
    And frankly, i believe you're not even convincing yourself.

That's not to say that i believe it makes for a decisive difference in performance in i.e. some competitive raid, but it is certainly a difference if it were absent.
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-14 at 12:30 PM. Reason: elaboration
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It would be a modest but clear advantage to progress. Expect to either see more mobile AHs within months or for the item to be nerfed and have something else on it.
    The mount will never get nerfed. There is no reason to assume so. There is a reason why the price was 5 Million gold.

There might be more more mounts that have a mobile AH on them, but all of them will be expensive.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I heard that conspiracy theory (it's the most popular one) but I tend to think that even if it's true they probably realized they messed up.

If they remove all need to go to towns the MMO becomes even more single-player and I suspect they felt that item leads to that.

As a result I conclude that they will not bring another (*unlimited charges) mobile AH but they will also nerf the longboi.
    the only way to nerf the longboi is to remove the auctioneer. and they won't do that because the blowback would be insane

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

Seems like next step.
    Considering the last one costed nearly 500 USD, don't expect it for 30. They know they can sell it for WAY more.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the only way to nerf the longboi is to remove the auctioneer. and they won't do that because the blowback would be insane
    It would be nice to see how much % of the playerbase actually have that mount, to determine how insane that blowback would be.

[Say that when you turn world second for 12 seconds and it took you 13 seconds to buy that pot
    Please.....watch a world first video.....if you ever see them open their bags they have HUNDREDS-THOUSANDS of pots in their bags as well as food/augment runes/spare enchants/gems/etc. Very rarely will you see someone use the auction house mount on a world first stream unless it is for a boe, and then again they will have someone outside the raid stationed at an AH ready to go.....You're argument is literally stating that everythign in the game that gives you convienence is an "advantage" portable mailbox, shamans astral recall, mass res (wipe recovery quicker), Jeeves (dont need to mount to repair), etc.....Moot point friend, it isn't going anywhere.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

i'm mostly prepared so i see 0 reason to have it. if i was more into trading i would have went for it but i only raid/m+ so what do i care?
    considering you talk about people that tryhard they will be prepared 99.9% of the time and if not the guild bank is there for them.
    this topic is retarded, you should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Given engineers have had exclusive AH bots in faction hubs since WotLK, they might make an engineering mount with an AH companion that only functions for engineers.

Otherwise they'll probably make an engineering toy to summon an AH bot at some point.
    Part of the reason that the mount is basically disappearing (aside from the BMAH) is because Blizz roughly stated that putting an AH on a mount wasn't a good idea in the long run, as it shrunk the world and made the AH way too convenient if you can access it anywhere. Fortunately for Blizz, 5mil gold is beyond most of the WoW population, so the amount of AH mounts out there isn't that great. However, adding more AH options isn't likely to happen anytime soon (if at all).

When it comes to the OP, the benefit of an AH mount for a raid are vastly overestimated for raids. Could make a case for world first guilds that are putting in massive amounts of time on the front end of the raid, but even that is a stretch. Making the case for all other guilds is just pointless. While it certainly takes slightly more time to go to the AH in a city versus having a mount, there's a ton of other factors that are being completely ignored.

For example, the assumption that you can even mount in the raid our mount where you are at w/o traveling... otherwise, you're using a SW cloak or hearthing anyways, as the mount's time-saving capacity is heavily diminished. Most guilds where time can make a difference already has all the consumables available in their gbank, or everyone's required to be ready for raid prior to raid start (which is part of the expected time commitment and investment), so AH trips aren't usually needed at all. There's usually TONS of downtime or breaks in your average raids for a myriad of reasons where you'd have more than enough time to make AH trips. And this is just the tip of the iceberg, as there's so many other things that can waste your time and prevent your raid from getting more pulls on a boss, and needing an AH mount is rarely, if ever, the solution.

On that note, if you're really concerned about saving time for progression, the biggest offenders are usually people being late/afk/messing around, delaying pulls on bosses or wiping on a boss due to doing stupid stuff. Happens at all levels of raiding, no matter the skill of the raid. If you (the OP) think that not having an AH mount is holding back your raid's progression and wasting too much time... you're probably not being honest with yourself as to what's really holding your raid back.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-10-14 at 12:36 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post

Please.....watch a world first video.....if you ever see them open their bags they have HUNDREDS-THOUSANDS of pots in their bags as well as food/augment runes/spare enchants/gems/etc. Very rarely will you see someone use the auction house mount on a world first stream unless it is for a boe, and then again they will have someone outside the raid stationed at an AH ready to go.....You're argument is literally stating that everythign in the game that gives you convienence is an "advantage" portable mailbox, shamans astral recall, mass res (wipe recovery quicker), Jeeves (dont need to mount to repair), etc.....Moot point friend, it isn't going anywhere.
    Whatever you like it or not, its an advantage in the most literal sense.

Its not gonna kill a mythic world first boss for you, but hell its gonna save you some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Hats off to you for being patient enough with these kind of responses, I think the point flew across their heads from the start here.
    His point is moot, there is no advantage to time for people that are racing for progression, simple as that. They farm for hours/days before the raid opens to have everything necessary to go. Watch the streams they have someone outside of the raid that buys them what they need and it gets mailed to the raid member. ZERO TRAVEL....they have stuff in the guild bank on reserve, including BoE's ZERO TRAVEL.....Portable Mailbox.....ZERO TRAVEL....just because someone disputes a point, doesn't mean they didn't get the original idea.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to see how much % of the playerbase actually have that mount, to determine how insane that blowback would be.
    the number would be small-ish but that doesn't lessen the blowback intensity they will get

His point is moot, there is no advantage to time for people that are racing for progression, simple as that. They farm for hours/days before the raid opens to have everything necessary to go. Watch the streams they have someone outside of the raid that buys them what they need and it gets mailed to the raid member. ZERO TRAVEL....they have stuff in the guild bank on reserve, including BoE's ZERO TRAVEL.....Portable Mailbox.....ZERO TRAVEL....just because someone disputes a point, doesn't mean they didn't get the original idea.
    But it is an advantage, not a big but a small one.

Which is what his opinion was from the start - That people didnt understood and blew up way out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the number would be small-ish but that doesn't lessen the blowback intensity they will get
    How so? A very small number of people would have reason to care.
    And a far greater majority might even think they'd just be whining for no good reason.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

TBH the AH feature should've been limited to BfA only and in SL they should've just given the brutosaur a different NPC...

but also I don't really care either

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I gotta side with the supposed trolls on this particular issue: If you don't "see" the value of time and the influence of saving it, then you're doing some serious mental gymnastics.
    And frankly, i believe you're not even convincing yourself.

That's not to say that i believe it makes for a decisive difference in performance in i.e. some competitive raid, but it is certainly a difference if it were absent.
    Also it's a total pain in the butt to actually use the AH compared to it, IF you are a heavy AH user. To repost all I have every 48hours probably takes me at least 5 more minutes.

i don't think well see the brutosaur return anytime soon, but yeah i wouldn't be surprised to see them add some other versions of the mobile AH to the game. probably in the form of toys/consumables, so the brutosaur is still the best version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Part of the reason that the mount is basically disappearing (aside from the BMAH) is because Blizz roughly stated that putting an AH on a mount wasn't a good idea in the long run, as it shrunk the world and made the AH way too convenient if you can access it anywhere. Fortunately for Blizz, 5mil gold is beyond most of the WoW population, so the amount of AH mounts out there isn't that great.
    I'm in a realm with at least 50 guilds above top 2000 and it's EVERYWHERE. This is well spread in the game right now among people that play constantly for years. Hell I would probably have one if I wasn't stopping playing every once in a while snice it generally took me a month to make 1 mil without any special tricks or guild run sales.

But it is an advantage, not a big but a small one.

Which is what his opinion was from the start - That people didnt understood and blew up way out of proportion.
    It isn't even a small one, they literally have a human body outside of raids that does their auctioning for them, and they are also prepared before going in......they have thousands upon thousands of flasks/runes/pots/etc in the gbank and on their person...it is 100% not an advantage for people that are in a race for progression. I simply do not see it....Portable mailboxes, second accounts, human being in the guild sitting at an AH, hearthstone/summon (many have their hearth set to SW by the AH which is a 5 second run from inn to AH then get summoned back if need be) There is multiply ways to debunk this one....sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    How so? A very small number of people would have reason to care.
    And a far greater majority might even think they'd just be whining for no good reason.
    people who have gold/easily get gold probably will just shrug it off as blizzard doing a blizzard.
    but all the people who worked hard to get their brutosaur will get really really mad, unless the replacement npc is equally special.

It isn't even a small one, they literally have a human body outside of raids that does their auctioning for them, and they are also prepared before going in......they have thousands upon thousands of flasks/runes/pots/etc in the gbank and on their person...it is 100% not an advantage for people that are in a race for progression. I simply do not see it....Portable mailboxes, second accounts, human being in the guild sitting at an AH, hearthstone/summon (many have their hearth set to SW by the AH which is a 5 second run from inn to AH then get summoned back if need be) There is multiply ways to debunk this one....sorry.
    But they no longer have to have this other person outside the raid so it is indeed a small advantage compared to last time.

Sorry but you're not "debunking" anything here.