Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    But.. there's literally zero reason to keep them alive for that? Anima is drained from the souls. Killing them would actually give Jailer more power over them, not to mention prevent them from returning to the surface for whatever reason. Besides, "forever" doesn't apply to mortals, so they'd die sooner or later anyway.
    because killing them is much harder then just snatching them up, pair that with not actually ALL souls are sent to the maw, a drastic amount are, but some are able to escape, she does not want any chance of that... look to uther who was able to ask the light to free him from the runeblade.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because killing them is much harder then just snatching them up.
    How is killing them harder than abducting them? That's pure nonsense. It's almost always the opposite. How are they able to easily restrain Anduin but not able to kill him? Is he literally immortal? BS

pair that with not actually ALL souls are sent to the maw, a drastic amount are, but some are able to escape, she does not want any chance of that... look to uther who was able to ask the light to free him from the runeblade.
    The big thing right now is that every soul is sent to the Maw indiscriminately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time they try to insert some twist. But yeah I agree, with WoW's recent writing, when it smells like cake, it's definitely cake.
    Must be aliens. Oh, wait...

7+ Year Old Account
    How is killing them harder than abducting them? That's pure nonsense. It's almost always the opposite. How are they able to easily restrain Anduin but not able to kill him? Is he literally immortal? BS
    So let me explain shortly.

Lets assume for a moment these things are using the power of their master, the same power sylvanas used in her fight against bolvar... Her actual attacks seemed to do little to bolvar really, the only actual progress when she begins using the chains of her master.

Chains, the power to restrain and contain, the power to control and hold. Something that she showed was very powerful, and something we see quite abit when you are in the maw, this heavy theme of chains and being restrained.

the jailor...

his name is the jailor
    his main power is the power of chains, to restrain and to control.

thats like saying "how is it harder to heal someone then it is to raise them from the dead"
    Cause the person you are talking about is a necromancer, their powers are to raise the dead, not to heal.
    "How is it harder to destroy a wooden wall with fire magic then with frost magic!"
    Cause the person you are talking to is a frost mage, while they do have fire magic, their frost magic is MUCH MUCH stronger.

and again reminder not only anduin is captured.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-14 at 01:38 PM.

Where are the gryphon riders lol

And when she comes, our end begins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trient View Post
    Where are the gryphon riders lol
    They're busy emptying their tankards, celebratin' a bar brawl.

Duuh.

Is it that easy to capture the Alliance boy king.... Makes you wonder why we did not do a air strike as Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah it gets funnier each time I watch it. Though now thinking, this is the Pre-patch event cinematic and on the PTR Shaw says to some effect that he was having some "intimate quality time" at the time Anduin got yoinked so he didn't put any thought into proving any guards for his protection just in case makes this even funnier. Literally Anduin got easily kidnapped because the 'Spymaster' had D on the brains. If this isn't even worse of a fuck up than the Broken Shore Boogaloo and Asinine Azerite Counter-Operation I don't know how they can justify him keeping his job. Valeera should be in charge at this point.

Yeah, it feels a bit weird that two fliers can just yoink the king out of Stormwind without anyone shooting them down or giving chase. It makes you wonder why the Horde, the Legion, N'zoth, etc couldn't do the same thing, but that's the conceit of the narrative, I guess. Maybe the mawsworn phased back into the Shadowlands right after.

What bothered me at the end wasn't that Genn didn't manage to stop them, but that he didn't even break into worgen form. For one, he seems able to jump pretty far as a worgen, he could have at least tried (and failed) to grab them. Secondly, turning worgen would have underlined his combat readiness and later his extreme anger and frustration. The fact that he remains human shows that: 1. he didn't even register the danger by the time it became too late to act, and 2. it didn't really phase him all that much. His reaction was almost the worgen version of this meme.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Yeah, it feels a bit weird that two fliers can just yoink the king out of Stormwind without anyone shooting them down or giving chase. It makes you wonder why the Horde, the Legion, N'zoth, etc couldn't do the same thing, but that's the conceit of the narrative, I guess. Maybe the mawsworn phased back into the Shadowlands right after.

What bothered me at the end wasn't that Genn didn't manage to stop them, but that he didn't even break into worgen form. For one, he seems able to jump pretty far as a worgen, he could have at least tried (and failed) to grab them. Secondly, turning worgen would have underlined his combat readiness and later his extreme anger and frustration. The fact that he remains human shows that: 1. he didn't even register the danger by the time it became too late to act, and 2. it did really phase him all that much. His reaction was almost the worgen version of this meme.
    Large cloud cover mostly. like really bad cloud cover, came in quick and was insane.
    also "can jump pretty far" your example is not actually that far... hes jumping from high up, so of course he will get some distance, jumping from the ground UP aint gunna get that far...

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So I have a question.

How does Gen know Sylvanas was behind it when it was a surprise attack? Or does he blame everything on her even when he stubs his toe? I mean he's right but he shouldn't know this.
    Purple woman bad!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

So let me explain shortly.

Lets assume for a moment these things are using the power of their master, the same power sylvanas used in her fight against bolvar... Her actual attacks seemed to do little to bolvar really, the only actual progress when she begins using the chains of her master.

Chains, the power to restrain and contain, the power to control and hold. Something that she showed was very powerful, and something we see quite abit when you are in the maw, this heavy theme of chains and being restrained.

the jailor...

his name is the jailor
    his main power is the power of chains, to restrain and to control.

thats like saying "how is it harder to heal someone then it is to raise them from the dead"
    Cause the person you are talking about is a necromancer, their powers are to raise the dead, not to heal.
    "How is it harder to destroy a wooden wall with fire magic then with frost magic!"
    Cause the person you are talking to is a frost mage, while they do have fire magic, their frost magic is MUCH MUCH stronger.

and again reminder not only anduin is captured.
    This is pure speculation on your part.

Maybe it's time for Genn to retire. His reflexes aren't what they used to be.

Large cloud cover mostly. like really bad cloud cover, came in quick and was insane.
    also "can jump pretty far" your example is not actually that far... hes jumping from high up, so of course he will get some distance, jumping from the ground UP aint gunna get that far...
    It's a bit flimsy, but I already said I can accept the narrative conceit. The problem is that Genn's low key reaction fails to sell it at the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is pure speculation on your part.
    I mean no, as someone who has played every bit of beta since day 1 of alpha.

The jailor has a massive amount of power to control. His power is to restrain. And his minions very commonly share that power. Chains and shackles are a very common theme and something they use everywhere. And quite powerful too, I will tell you torghast I have had many runs not ended by a guy right out killing me. But by a mob shackling me, and then another crushing down on me since I can't move out of their crushing blow.
    Pair that with the chains she used being the exact same the mawsworn did. And how in the maw when you finally start breaking free, he has a hard time killing Baine.

His power and his minions, is of chains to restrain and bind. Why all of them have this power.

I mean no, as someone who has played every bit of beta since day 1 of alpha.

The jailor has a massive amount of power to control. His power is to restrain. And his minions very commonly share that power. Chains and shackles are a very common theme and something they use everywhere. And quite powerful too, I will tell you torghast I have had many runs not ended by a guy right out killing me. But by a mob shackling me, and then another crushing down on me since I can't move out of their crushing blow.
    Pair that with the chains she used being the exact same the mawsworn did. And how in the maw when you finally start breaking free, he has a hard time killing Baine.

His power and his minions, is of chains to restrain and bind. Why all of them have this power.
    Where is this said in the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So I have a question.

How does Gen know Sylvanas was behind it when it was a surprise attack? Or does he blame everything on her even when he stubs his toe? I mean he's right but he shouldn't know this.
    He did'nt know she had anything to do with it, he just uses "Sylvanas" as a general curseword.
    Just like people use "Faen" or "Satan" in the real world

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is this said in the campaign?
    "In the campaign" what do you mean by that?