Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You both can and can't.
    You get flying in WoD baseline, but you still need to level to 30-35 somewhere before you are actually allowed to start flying at all, so the first zone or two should be as slow as without flying.
    Still the fastest expansion to level in by a long shot though.
    I don't understand this: if I already have a bunch of characters at max level, can I get flying in Draenor or not? I never unlocked it during WoD.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I think you misunderstood, I know you can choose with Chromie, but baseline after Exile's reach you begin BfA, nothing wrong so far, after doing some quest, you arrive at the point where you choose your first zone, still nothing wrong, but now, you can only choose Tiraguarde Sound / Zuldazar, you can't pick Drustvar, Nazmir etc etc
    I have not done Exile's reach, only made a new Allied Race character, so maybe what happens is that Exile's reach ends with oyu immediately getting the breadcrumb quest for BfA, in which case the solution would be to simply ignore it and instead go to the Embassy to talk to Chromie.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so leave everything broken?
    Oh no way, things broke with a patch.

That's never happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't understand this: if I already have a bunch of characters at max level, can I get flying in Draenor or not? I never unlocked it during WoD.
    Pathfinder is not needed for WoD anymore, no. Just pointing out that this won't mean you will be able to fly form the beginning, since you still have to actually get regular flying, which is not available until level 30 or so.

this cinematic looks like an ass, 100% written by Christie Golden
    1. gibberish +
    2. incompetent characters (soyboy useless anduin and old man yells at cloud) +
    3. she wrote this cinematic based on art https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...40605736665088

Pathfinder is not needed for WoD anymore, no. Just pointing out that this won't mean you will be able to fly form the beginning, since you still have to actually get regular flying, which is not available until level 30 or so.
    Ah, now I get it. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    this cinematic looks like an ass, 100% written by Christie Golden
    1. gibberish +
    2. incompetent characters (soyboy useless anduin and old man yells at cloud) +
    Anduin was and will always be useless. That wasn't surprising at all. It's still Anduin. But I agree, it feels really... low quality overall. Looks like instead of creating something new they just went through their footage and created this thing with old material.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    I didn't want to come on a forum and QQ about WoW but Jesus this 'pre patch' is a joke.

Outside of a stat squish and a few class changes there's nothing. What a complete let down and easily the worst to date.
    Because SL's got pushed back the pre-expansion event has not started yet. It will do so at a later time (probably 2-3 weeks before SL release.
    Until then its just class changes and the squish.

Just like every other pre-patch.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    soyboy

This is where your argument is invalidated. Soyboy..good grief go back to the sad 4chan part of the internet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    The prepatch event hasn't started yet.

Chill.
    No the pre patch has started, it’s what was released today. They’re releasing the quest in a week or 2 but that’s pretty pointless when the people coming back realise there’s nothing new and drop it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    No the pre patch has started, it’s what was released today. They’re releasing the quest in a week or 2 but that’s pretty pointless when the people coming back realise there’s nothing new and drop it again.
    He's correct though the pre patch event is all in the game, it just hasn't been activated yet and its been said the event wouldn't happen on pre patch date(If you looked on MMO-cHampion you would know this).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ah, now I get it. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin was and will always be useless. That wasn't surprising at all. It's still Anduin. But I agree, it feels really... low quality overall. Looks like instead of creating something new they just went through their footage and created this thing with old material.
    Happy to help.

On the topic of the cinematic I don't mind the quality, personally I found most of it really nicely shot and composed. The only reall issue with it is that the Val'kyr kidnapping Anduin is done in such a strange way, which is just compounded by Genn yelling at them after failing to save Anduin that stood right next to him.

I imagine that if the cinematic didnt show the exact kidnapping, but instead just showed the leaders reacting to the cloud and then cut to some soldiers in the same areas the idea of the Val'kyr would be shown much better, and without even having to compromise the characters' credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy to help.

On the topic of the cinematic I don't mind the quality, personally I found most of it really nicely shot and composed. The only reall issue with it is that the Val'kyr kidnapping Anduin is done in such a strange way, which is just compounded by Genn yelling at them after failing to save Anduin that stood right next to him.

I imagine that if the cinematic didnt show the exact kidnapping, but instead just showed the leaders reacting to the cloud and then cut to some soldiers in the same areas the idea of the Val'kyr would be shown much better, and without even having to compromise the characters' credibility.
    Genn can't really do much, at most he'd attempt to grab one of the Mawsworn but not much else unless worgen have hidden powers.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's correct though the pre patch event is all in the game, it just hasn't been activated yet and its been said the event wouldn't happen on pre patch date(If you looked on MMO-cHampion you would know this).

Which is crazy. The biggest patch in a year and a selling point for Shadowlands and there’s nothing outside of levelling alts.

Should have started a quest chain or something to get the ball rolling, first time I’ve ever logged off on pre patch day after an hour because after re-specking there was nothing left to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Genn can't really do much, at most he'd attempt to grab one of the Mawsworn but not much else unless worgen have hidden powers.
    Fully agree, which is what makes the decision to have him stand next to Anduin so odd. Couldnt they just have had him stand further back so there could be some plausible reason why he doesnt even attempt to grab onto them?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is crazy. The biggest patch in a year and a selling point for Shadowlands and there’s nothing outside of levelling alts.

Should have started a quest chain or something to get the ball rolling, first time I’ve ever logged off on pre patch day after an hour because after re-specking there was nothing left to do.
    Or, counterpoiint. Blizzard wants everyone to be comfortable with playing the new version of WoW, fixing talents, updating addons, updating graphic cards etc. before they start up any relevaant events.

As I mentioned before. It is likely this or nothing, and I will happily take something over nothing.

Absolutely, that would have been a lot better! Because this way the leaders are just shown to be incompetent again (which already happened too often during BfA).

10+ Year Old Account

If you had paid attention...several posters here have said over and over...it's stat squish and leveling...Blizzard has made this clear too. Don't understand why people get their panties in a wad for something they've been told they won't get. Go on ptr...have a look. I did...and that's why I won't resub until actual launch of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully agree, which is what makes the decision to have him stand next to Anduin so odd. Couldnt they just have had him stand further back so there could be some plausible reason why he doesnt even attempt to grab onto them?
    When I saw the cinematic come out I assumed it was in Stormwind keep but its outside. I mean sure he could try to grab onto the eery Maw chains that they were using, he'd inevitably fail and fall to the ground and well.. not accusing you I feel like people would hate it worse. If I have any contension with 9.0.1 its doing more with the aftermath of the Scourge being out of control(Not talking about day one of pre patch, just the whole scourge event).

Could of had some Mawsworn attempt to kidnap more people or at least see them around various places. There thats it, thats the post.

Warrior-Magi

What you're saying is crazy. This patch brings major system changes which means that thing will break. They want to get everything back up and running and less on fire before they start the event.

A ~ 15 minute queue to get into the Blizzard launcher, nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    A ~ 15 minute queue to get into the Blizzard launcher, nice.
    Followed by a 10min queue to get into servers