Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What you're saying is crazy. This patch brings major system changes which means that thing will break. They want to get everything back up and running and less on fire before they start the event.
    I mean it’s been almost a year since the last patch, it’s been on ptr for months at what point does that excuse no new content?

I know that we’re getting a event in the coming weeks, that’s great but I wish they would have added something for players not looking to level alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    I mean it’s been almost a year since the last patch, it’s been on ptr for months at what point does that excuse no new content?

I know that we’re getting a event in the coming weeks, that’s great but I wish they would have added something for players not looking to level alts.
    There is some content, it isnt a lot but it is clearly more than nothing.
    Again, it is this for 2-3 weeks or what we had yesterday for 2-3 more weeks. And no matter how little there actually is to what we got I would rather take that than more time spent in regular BfA. At least now I can have more fun levelling alts, try the new introducotyr area, or come to grips with the new class changes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A ~ 15 minute queue to get into the Blizzard launcher, nice.
    I would love to have 15 minutes right now. Sitting at 22minutes :/

7+ Year Old Account
    A ~ 15 minute queue to get into the Blizzard launcher, nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Followed by a 10min queue to get into servers
    Then you get in and you realize you forgot to update your addons and drivers.

Whoop, another 5 minute wait.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Followed by a 10min queue to get into servers
    It said 15 minutes but 12 minutes passed and I'm still at 10.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

People complaining about bugs after a major shift in patch content, are you new here?

They also told us when the expac was pushed back that the events wouldn't start when the prepatch was released. With that being said, would you really want to be stuck in BFA for another month? At least this is live, we have time to adjust to the changes, and we still have a good bit of time for the bugs to get fixed. Some people really will complain about absolutely anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    this cinematic looks like an ass, 100% written by Christie Golden
    1. gibberish +
    2. incompetent characters (soyboy useless anduin and old man yells at cloud) +
    3. she wrote this cinematic based on art https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...40605736665088
    1. Maybe you could elaborate instead of just typing one word?
    2. As noted before, just the fact that you're using a term like soyboy pretty much invalidates any point you're trying to make.
    3. Where does it say she based the cinematic on that art? A tweet from more than 1 year ago? Anduin and Genn have been seen at Varian's memorial before, it's a place they visit often. And even if one scene of the whole cinematic WAS based on fan art, is that even a bad thing?

I mean I get it, the cinematic is not THE best one we've seen, but none of your points actually address this.

Which is crazy. The biggest patch in a year and a selling point for Shadowlands and there’s nothing outside of levelling alts.

Should have started a quest chain or something to get the ball rolling, first time I’ve ever logged off on pre patch day after an hour because after re-specking there was nothing left to do.
    This pre-patch, aside from the event quests coming later, is the exact same as every other pre-expansion patch before it.

So what are you complaining about?
    Or are you here with this exact complaint every expansion?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I mean I get it, the cinematic is not THE best one we've seen, but none of your points actually address this.
    "Not the best one" is really euphemistic for this horrible cinematic.

I thought cinematics were like.. movie quality content like Old Soldier. The new one is a cutscene and not so bad tbh. If we're going to be pedantic about it. Though wasn't everyone kidnapped by the Mawsworn instead of just Anduin?

10+ Year Old Account
    They could have shown Tyrande fighting off those creeps. It's weird that she only does things when the player does not see it and we have to believe some NPCs word for it.
    Of all characters in that video Anduin was the least interesting one getting kidnapped and jet again he got the most screen time.

"Not the best one" is really euphemistic for this horrible cinematic.
    It isnt horrible. It has some questionable choices in it and probably didnt take a many chances as it should have, but saying it is the definitive worst one is just hyperbolic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This pre-patch, aside from the event quests coming later, is the exact same as every other pre-expansion patch before it.

So what are you complaining about?
    Or are you here with this exact complaint every expansion?
    It’s not exactly the same what are you talking about? Previous pre patches had way more from day 1, just off the top of my head Legion gave us a new class in demon Hunters and added a load of world events.

BfA gave us the Burning of Teldrassil and battle for undercity stuff. Things we’re released over a period of weeks but there was things to do day 1 outside of levelling a new toon.

It’s pretty rare that I moan. I mean I’ve got 800 posts in 11 years it’s rare I post at all but this patch was a let down, they needed something from day 1 imo.
    Last edited by Castia; 2020-10-14 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It isnt horrible. It has some questionable choices in it and probably didnt take a many chances as it should have, but saying it is the definitive worst one is just hyperbolic.
    I didn't say it's the worst one. I just said it's horrible, which it indeed is in my opinion.

The thing is, like many say in that thread, they can run WoW perfectly fine on their older CPUs. I'm playing WoW on maxed out settings (except shaders) and it works fine. The prepatch now broke something that wasn't broken before and honestly, it's hideous. I don't even want to log in to see all these lifeless NPCs and player models without eyes and black hair.
    It’s a bug that appeared again when they ported it to live

Nothing new and will be fixed soonish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I thought cinematics were like.. movie quality content like Old Soldier. The new one is a cutscene and not so bad tbh. If we're going to be pedantic about it. Though wasn't everyone kidnapped by the Mawsworn instead of just Anduin?
    Old Soldier cinematic is CGI esque stuff that looks real not the extra detailed renders we see in the Mawsworn coming cutscene. Its the extra detailed look of WoW if they could do it. Any old soldier stuff we MAY get might be Bolvar related. Course there is still that Jailer look on that Magazine which we haven't seen yet.

It’s not exactly the same what are you talking about? Previous pre patches had way more from day 1, just off the top of my head Legion gave us a new class in demon Hunters and added a load of world events.

BfA gave us the Burning of Teldrassil and battle for undercity stuff. Things we’re released over a period of weeks but there was things to do day 1 outside of levelling a new toon.

All the other pre patches(Not counting BC) didn't have an expansion delay. This prepatch was meant to have the october release and since it doesn't...well plans change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"THIS CINEMATIC IS SO ASS! IT'S ALL GIBBERISH AND BAD STORYTELLING!"

In what regard? It's legit Bolvar shitting his pants over the inevitable, and as to the whole Anduin and Genn ordeal...

A. The Mawsworn just popped it, and Anduin had NO prep-time to stop them.

And B. WHAT WAS GENN GOING TO DO?! HE'S GOT NOTHING TO STOP THOSE GUYS OUTSIDE OF "oh wow, me wolf go angry rawr". LIKE, COME ON! LMAO

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    People complaining about bugs after a major shift in patch content, are you new here?
    Well, people complain about every single change, even if it's good change. Are you new here? ;P

That's pretty much it, as well. Some prepatches had even less. And there is an event coming, just not yet. Which we already knew weeks ago. Stop being an impatient entitled little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's pretty much it, as well. Some prepatches had even less. And there is an event coming, just not yet. Which we already knew weeks ago. Stop being an impatient entitled little kid.

Entitled because I’m not enjoying a pre patch? Jesus you need to chill the fuck out.

Anger issues?