Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'm 31. Millennials can fuck off.
    You are a millennial....

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You are a millennial....
    Ask my Mum and Wife. They say I'm a Benjamin Button. Except I'm not getting younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

LOL innovating......

No he just managed to just do everything cheaper that was already there by taking advantage of things like labor and taxes. More credit should be given to marketing then innovation
    Are you saying the kindle and the work that went into developing paper like readers with good battery life and wifi isn't innovation?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Ask my Mum and Wife. They say I'm a Benjamin Button. Except I'm not getting younger.
    Many of us are old, curmudgeonly souls. But we're still millennials all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Hey some of us are still not 30 and have the energy be disruptors , besides a good chunk of older GenZ is highly motivated to make their country and world a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You will feel the wrath of gen x, when there is a popcorn shortage!!!
    Agreed. The larger lesson is: Don't let the older part of your age cohort define you. Because they're most likely bougie sellouts

As a Gen Xer, it utterly pains me to see olders Gen-Xers, 50-55 year olds, among the core of Trump's base.
    Also painful, watching these guys pretend to be waay into the Beatles and Led Zeppelin. Basically a form of virtue signaling to Boomers. eff that.
    Government Affiliated Snark

there is no such thing as Gen X they are just Sub-Boomers

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Many of us are old, curmudgeonly souls. But we're still millennials all the same.
    Indeedido, but fuck millennials all the same. Now where's my rocking chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Got it if someone is critical of Pelosi they must be on Trump's staff.
    You've expertly crafted this strawman for yourself.

Either you have a response for the content of my post, or you're going to build strawmen. It's up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people forget the youngest millennial is 24, which isn't young. Assuming they start college after high school, they all graduated 1-2 years ago.

I don't give a fuck if Trump's name is on a check so long as those who are hurting the most get help soon.
    You don't care if he politicizes it to try to help his campaign, just if Pelosi demands that Americans get a stimulus check without administration fuckery?

You seem perfectly content with them suffering till February.
    No, Republicans are. Democrats passed this shit back in May, Republicans twiddled their thumbs until the night of the exam and are begging for an extension.

Once again, you continue to unintentionally repeat Republican talking points. I know you say this isn't intentional, but the frequency with which you repeat them calls that into question IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graham slipped, and asked about the good old days of segregation.

When will we stop pretending the GOP is nothing but racist old crusty dudes?

Again keep playing "One side is at fault' when clearly it is both sides holding the American public as hostage.
    This indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation, what the disagreements are, and what the causes are.

Remember that time Trump tweeted out that he wasn't going to sign anything until after the election?
    Remember when he was tweeting about individual parts?
    Remember when he wanted it small?
    Remember when he wanted it "GO BIG!"?

How are Democrats supposed to negotiate in good faith with that, when you have a Senate that's refusing to even show up to the negotiating table?

So you either want people to get help now, or you are pefectly content with them suffering. Those are the options.
    If Republicans made any attempt to negotiate, it wouldn't be.

"RePuBliCAn TalKInG POinTs", to want people to get aid now instead of February 2021.
    No, if you want a meaningful aid package that won't require a secondary package to address larger issues that aren't just stimulus funding to people. Those larger issues being things like massive budget holes that will absolutely trickle down to consumers when cities and states start limiting services due to a lack of funding.

I get it, the "BUT PEOPLE NEED MONEY NOW! CALL J.G. WENTWORTH!" argument plays on the emotional strings and I agree with it on principle! But that's a small part of what is actually needed to support people and local/state governments that are all in desperate need of help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Graham says it was sarcasm. Yet there wasn't an ounce if it in his tone of voice. If you're going to be sarcastic about something like that, be goddamn Broadway production obvious about it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Graham says it was sarcasm. Yet there wasn't an ounce if it in his tone of voice. If you're going to be sarcastic about something like that, be goddamn Broadway production obvious about it.
    You mean like the good old days after 9/11?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...etter-12099947

That heard immunity letter the Trump administration is embracing? It's got some very big names on it.

Dr. Johnny Bananas
    Dr. Person Fakename
    Mongolian singers practice "therapeutic sound"
    Homeopathy "doctors"
    Dr. I.P. Freely
    Dr. of Hard Sums

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e-group-finds/

President Trump says Joe Biden’s tax plan would bring about a depression and destroy the country.

Independent studies have found no support for that claim. And the latest, an updated examination of the Biden proposal from the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute, should drive a stake through it.

The analysis concludes Biden's plan would raise $2.8 trillion over the next decade from higher taxes on businesses, corporations and the wealthiest households. Over that time, AEI projects the higher taxes would reduce economic growth by a relatively modest 0.16 percent.

The plan would “make the tax code more progressive,” AEI’s Kyle Pomerlau and Grant Seiter write. And after slightly crimping growth in its first decade, it would “reduce debt-to-GDP in the second decade, leading to slightly higher GDP. However, in the long term, his plan would not raise enough to stabilize debt-to-GDP and would lead to a 0.18 percent smaller economy.”

The macroeconomic drag the AEI model anticipates roughly aligns with other analyses from the Tax Foundation and the Penn Wharton Budget Model, Pomerlau notes. In other words, rolling back most of the Trump tax cuts wouldn’t bring about the economic Armageddon the Trump campaign has depicted.
    Well that's awkward, even the conservative AEI can't show that Biden's tax plan will kill the economy. Quite the contrary it will have a minimal impact on economic growth while adding trillions in additional revenue.

I think people forget the youngest millennial is 24, which isn't young. Assuming they start college after high school, they all graduated 1-2 years ago.
    So you're telling me that i'm one of the youngest millenials and all of my friends that are still in college are gen Z? (That are 3 years younger than me)

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm. Have anyone with a brain pretended otherwise?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

That heard immunity letter the Trump administration is embracing? It's got some very big names on it.
    Is there a full letter somewhere? Want to see if they used Mantis Toboggan M(agnum).D(ong).

The point is he wants to make a deal now
    For now. Who knows what he'll want by dinnertime?

and the only way anyone is going to get any aid before the election is if Trump signs it. So either way Trump's name will be on it and it's debatable if it would help him.
    Either way it's not on the check, it doesn't need to be on the check. The check comes from the Treasury department, not the Oval Office. It's no different than the letters from him food banks are throwing away that are packed in with food donations from farmers facilitated by the government.

I don't think anything at this point will save his campaign minus a miracle.
    Neither do I, and it's wrong to do to begin with.

If you are cool with playing 4D chess with people lives so be it, but don't sugar coat it as anything other than that.
    Why is it Democrats fault for not agreeing to a deal, and not Republicans fault for not agreeing to a deal? Simply because Trump has to sign it? Why can't it be his fault that his Treasury Secretary can't negotiate a deal. Why won't Mnuchin accept what Pelosi is offering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it if someone is critical of Pelosi they must be on Trump's staff.
    When did progressives go from ‘no compromise’ with GOP, to complaining that democrats won’t compromise with Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it Democrats fault for not agreeing to a deal, and not Republicans fault for not agreeing to a deal? Simply because Trump has to sign it? Why can't it be his fault that his Treasury Secretary can't negotiate a deal. Why won't Mnuchin accept what Pelosi is offering?
    This is where the concept of neoliberal being defined as compromising with GOP is turned on it’s head. This is where Medicare for all takes a back seat to a compromise...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi