a DIFFERENT Mythic N'Zoth question

So this is different than my first once, hence the title.

So 2 questions on this.

Question 1: When prepatch hits will N'Zoth still drop 2 mounts until Shadowlands actually launches?

Question 2: Has anyone actually tested trying to kill N'zoth with the level squish and with the taking away of corruption? Just wondering how much harder or possibly easier it is. (Not trying to reprog a fight)

Thx in advance.

N'zoth will drop mount up to SL release(just no CE).

Has anyone actually tested trying to kill N'zoth with the level squish and with the taking away of corruption? Just wondering how much harder or possibly easier it is. (Not trying to reprog a fight)

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering how much harder or possibly easier it is. (Not trying to reprog a fight)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    2 each time we kill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameslold View Post
    Has anyone actually tested trying to kill N'zoth with the level squish and with the taking away of corruption? Just wondering how much harder or possibly easier it is. (Not trying to reprog a fight)

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering how much harder or possibly easier it is. (Not trying to reprog a fight)
    We won't know until it's out, as I doubt anyone has bothered to test it. I remember Archimonde being a joke post 7.0, but Argus was a bit of a bugger. Hopefully Blizzard overly nerf it so we can just go in & trash it one or two more times before Shadowlands hits

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    We won't know until it's out, as I doubt anyone has bothered to test it. I remember Archimonde being a joke post 7.0, but Argus was a bit of a bugger. Hopefully Blizzard overly nerf it so we can just go in & trash it one or two more times before Shadowlands hits
    yea without corruption its deff going to have to get nerfed somehow because all classes rely heavily on corruption for their damage... Imagine a fire mage with no mastery corruption... GG 0 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by thesimpsonsman View Post
    yea without corruption its deff going to have to get nerfed somehow because all classes rely heavily on corruption for their damage... Imagine a fire mage with no mastery corruption... GG 0 dps.
    For sure, but there's a difference between them balancing it to be somewhat similar to what it is on live & overnerfing it so it's trivial - I'm hoping it's the latter Just like going into MH/BT in 3.0.2 with the 30% (?) flat nerf to everything.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Wait, this means we can still sell Jaina-Mounts up until god knows when SL launches? Sweet! Some more gold for us

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if N'Zoth is harder in pre-patch, it will be an oversight, pre-patch always comes with nerfs to encounters (Relative, not even just because things are squished).

Everything will get squished down, a nerf will happen to mitigate corruption (Which I think has been datamined, something like 25 or 30% nerf to the whole raid), and then things will be nerfed a little bit more, and if it's not player power with the new talents/rebalancing of specs will have made us stronger relative.

It might be harder the first day or few days but if it will pretty much certainly be fixed to be easier in pre patch than it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by thesimpsonsman View Post
    2 each time we kill it?
    No idea if it's exactly 2 mounts in pre-patch(for 100% it will drop mount, just not sure if it's 1 or 2). But if I had to guess then yeah.

So now that pre-patch is live, I've been hearing Nzoth is impossible. Can anyone confirm?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    So now that pre-patch is live, I've been hearing Nzoth is impossible. Can anyone confirm?
    I can deconfirm it very easily https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/24#boss=2344

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Judging by kill times it looks like it's about the same, or slightly harder than before pre-patch.
    Maybe I'll get lucky and blizz will nerf it further, lost 1/4th of my roster after CE.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damage required to beat the encounter feels about the same, maybe slightly lower than the benchmarks being hit with full corruptions.

But the damage going out to the players feels a lot higher. Healers are having to put in some real work to keep things stable.

It did feel slower in some noticeable spots, such as thought harvesters living much longer than normal and psychophages everywhere. Likely a result of ignite going byebye. So, its harder, but nothing impossible.

I've got another question about N'zoth where I've heard conflicting answers about the pre-patch period, and would like to hear an answer from someone who has killed it during the pre-patch - Does the R4 Essence still drop during pre-patch (like the mount does), or has that R4 essence already gone away? (Some R4's aren't obtainable anymore since the pre-patch, but other R4's apparently are sticking around until Shadowlands itself drops).

I've actually got the same question for Azshara's R4 essence, but I've not heard of anyone even bothering to try her since prepatch.