Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens every major patch but still always drives me crazy considering I can play only during evenings
    Guess we just need to be more patient (didn't covid lockdown teach you to be patient?!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Says 345min wait here lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Here's a tip to work around the battle.net queue: restart battle.net, select another region (US worked for me). You can still play the game just fine on your EU account, you just won't see your friends in bnet.

it 388 for me. i did expect it for the wow servers but not for the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado12 View Post
    How the f*** is it possible, after 16 years, that on the pre-patch day, the European server is down, that is, login is impossible. It is really shameful for such a company to allow this to happen over and over.
    Now of course Blizzard does deserve here criticism and all that.

However it is also quite funny that you and others are somehow surprised that patch-day has issues, lags, queues etc... I mean it's been this way, like, every single time.

EDIT: It is also important to point out that EU login servers actually haven't been down for most of the day. I've had no issues logging in until now.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    Here's a tip to work around the battle.net queue: restart battle.net, select another region (US worked for me). You can still play the game just fine on your EU account, you just won't see your friends in bnet.
    worked for me, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Shit company, shit servers, years passing by and nothing changes...
    Yeah nothing changes... including the people who hate them and still play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado12 View Post
    How the f*** is it possible, after 16 years, that on the pre-patch day, the European server is down, that is, login is impossible. It is really shameful for such a company to allow this to happen over and over.
    there's a strike in main EU blizz offices today. Also if you login to btnet through US you can then login to the game

I don't understand people that defend blizzard with this, they fully advertise this pre-patch, they have no excuse no matter what, some of us don't have the time to play every time we want

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Feel free to post some numbers and sources that back up your statement. Quite sure that overcoming an increase of 2600% at league launch is not much different than wow has to face.
    Feel free to prove that PoE had absolutely no issues. YOu not having problems does nto = nobody had any problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    I don't understand people that defend blizzard with this, they fully advertise this pre-patch, they have no excuse no matter what, some of us don't have the time to play every time we want
    We know how the login tech works. You are overloading the servers. Everyone knows it is going to happen, but complaining goes on ayway. And by way, those of us that got in don't have the time to play every time we want either. Stop acting like we have no life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mackwiss View Post
    there's a strike in main EU blizz offices today. Also if you login to btnet through US you can then login to the game
    Or you can bypass the launcher completely by clicking on WoW.ExE directly.

Sad day
    Last edited by Nelle; 2020-10-14 at 07:18 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL it went down to 24 mins now back to 87
    it was working brilliant earlier only down for 2hrs, then bang soon as it hit midday uk time went lala

Well, servers worked fine for me, could play from ~9 AM to 2 PM (GMT+2) - after that had to do something else.
    Anyway, this downtime is _NOT_ Patch related at all. Whole BattleNet is down, everywhere, for all games.

So anything really bad happened in the infrastructure or we see a DDoS.

But really, the WoW Patch worked flawless - at least in DE.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    Life savior here! TY

As for the situation, you can defend Blizzard here, but its a mess, this is an issue with Auth. servers, its a techcnical problem not a issue with queues for game servers.

Auth Servers can cope with high demand for years now, so this is Software/Hardware related. Some here are confusing this with full server queues.

I don't mind waiting once, but:
    1. First you have to wait to start Battle.Net Launcher (like an hour)
    2. Then it has to update, and, of course, the update puts you back in the Battle.Net Launcher queue (for an hour)
    3. And then you can finally log in to the game and see the Ice Crown cinematic, and then Login Servers are full (another hour of queue).

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Well, servers worked fine for me, could play from ~9 AM to 2 PM (GMT+2) - after that had to do something else.
    Anyway, this downtime is _NOT_ Patch related at all. Whole BattleNet is down, everywhere, for all games.

So anything really bad happened in the infrastructure or we see a DDoS.

But really, the WoW Patch worked flawless - at least in DE.
    Battle net is not down in the US.

Yep, just did a restart to apply an update. Working fine in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I don't mind waiting once, but:
    1. First you have to wait to start Battle.Net Launcher (like an hour)
    2. Then it has to update, and, of course, the update puts you back in the Battle.Net Launcher queue (for an hour)
    3. And then you can finally log in to the game and see the Ice Crown cinematic, and then Login Servers are full (another hour of queue).
    Or you could simply to go to the folder with your WoW.ExE file and click that.

10+ Year Old Account
    NA Login servers were fucked most of yesterday too.

don't think it's just you
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I'm in a battlenet login queue and it says 520 minutes. That has to be a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's deffo fucked up, position is not changing at all...

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    NA Login servers were fucked most of yesterday too.

don't think it's just you
    Many people got in fine. That was realm based.