15+ Year Old Account

Human female, locked face/skin color?

I have not tried the other races and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but many faces seem locked to certain skin color?

Yes black skin has faces with black features.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder who thought that would be a great idea?

That's exactly the case, yes. I'm guessing it's because certain faces / tones are specifically for creating a human with a different ethnicity and help them stay distinguished.

I'm not sure why the decision was made to lock them as it couldn't have made that much difference to just allow anyone to pick whatever face and skin they want, but it is what it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    That's exactly the case, yes. I'm guessing it's because certain faces / tones are specifically for creating a human with a different ethnicity and help them stay distinguished.

I'm not sure why the decision was made to lock them as it couldn't have made that much difference to just allow anyone to pick whatever face and skin they want, but it is what it is.
    They locked them because dumb people will cry blackface/whiteface.

Are scars a black/asian only feature? I never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They locked them because dumb people will cry blackface/whiteface.
    They will still bitch about that because every female human can have the afro and dreadlocks hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They will still bitch about that because every female human can have the afro and dreadlocks hairstyle.
    White people can have afro and dreadlock hairstyles IRL too. The cornrow/weave hairstyle looks horrid in WoW though, regardless of skin color.

The only ones bitching about this so far, would be this thread.

Better question is who GaF?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    White people can have afro and dreadlock hairstyles IRL too. The cornrow/weave hairstyle looks horrid in WoW though, regardless of skin color.

The only ones bitching about this so far, would be this thread.
    His point is some people bitch when certain races have these hairstyles irl

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    True, no matter what you do you can't stop dumb people sadly.

It's hard to sort of wrap my head around what's going on with this.

What it looks like to me is that there's still just a total of fifteen human female faces, but each face has its own... pallete? Like faces 1, 16, and 31, for example. They're all basically the same face shape, but faces 16 and 31 have slightly different eye/lip/brow placement to give it that Afro or Asian look. I was confused as well why some seemed locked until I realized what was going on. And even now, I'm kinda struggling to put it to words.

The scars, though, I don't understand at all. Scars should've definitely been their own separate customization, I feel.

Let's hope Blizzard separates the options for scars because it literally makes no sense considering all the other races with scars are separate options.

Do Blizzard employee realize that there is a thing called mixed-races?

You can have big lips and wide nose(which are mostly black people features) while being white/latino.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    Are scars a black/asian only feature? I never knew.
    This really annoyed me, was excited about adding scars to my character until i found out it is locked behind a race,and certain scars for each race too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Do Blizzard employee realize that there is a thing called mixed-races?

You can have big lips and wide nose(which are mostly black people features) while being white/latino.
    That's why there is a change face shape option

I'm sure they're still working on all of this and will continue to take feedback in order to make more options available. This is what we have for now only so they could roll out the prepatch. They had a post some time back that even after this initial pass they'd continue to add options and customizations well into Shadowlands and beyond.

But yes, please make these things known to them through reporting in game, on their site, and here (they do look). That way they can use the feedback and make scars on humans separate/face options universal/etc.