Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Sunwell and the Lightbound

In the Nightborne recruitment scenario, the Void ethereals exploited Alleria Windruner's Void powers to twist the Sunwell into a beacon for their invasion. But what's stopping the Light forces from doing the same thing?

The Sunwell is a massive source of pure Light energies. In an hypothetical Lightbound invasion, could Quel'Thalas immediately fall to the Lightbound invaders, after they have used the Sunwell as a gateway into Azeroth (similarly to how the Void ethereals did thanks to Alleria's presence)?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In the Nightborne recruitment scenario, the Void ethereals exploited Alleria Windruner's Void powers to twist the Sunwell into a beacon for their invasion. But what's stopping the Light forces from doing the same thing?

The Sunwell is a massive source of pure Light energies. In an hypothetical Lightbound invasion, could Quel'Thalas immediately fall to the Lightbound invaders, after they have used the Sunwell as a gateway into Azeroth (similarly to how the Void ethereals did thanks to Alleria's presence)?
    No, because that would require an update to Quel'thalas.

Despite the Legion trying to use the Sunwell as a portal before, it never even got a single mention during Legion, despite the Well of Eternity and Nightwell getting tons of focus from the demons.

Blizz is terrible at meaningful interactions between established persons, places, or things. Illidan didn't speak with Malfurion or Tyrande at all in Legion, can you believe that? Just a letter at the end. It'd be like bringing back Draka, Kael'thas, Uther, etc., and never having them do anything with anyone they knew from before. Just using a name to attract people to the expansion while draining the character of anything they were before. Hopefully they don't do that, and instead those characters are all about their former lives, and Thrall and Draka get to talk, and Kael'thas gets to talk to Lor'themar, Rommath, etc, and Jaina and Arthas get to do something if he comes back too.

Hmm...Blizzard's logo is blue. The Kyrian are blue. Both drain the subject of all that they are in order to use them as tools to achieve the organization's goals. Coincidence? I think not.

Having Varian in Icecrown Citadel instead of Tirion, being Arthas's adoptive brother, would've been so cool.

the sunwell is arcane/light.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post

Despite the Legion trying to use the Sunwell as a portal before, it never even got a single mention during Legion, despite the Well of Eternity and Nightwell getting tons of focus from the demons.

Blizz is terrible at meaningful interactions between established persons, places, or things. Illidan didn't speak with Malfurion or Tyrande at all in Legion, can you believe that? Just a letter at the end. It'd be like bringing back Draka, Kael'thas, Uther, etc., and never having them do anything with anyone they knew from before. Just using a name to attract people to the expansion while draining the character of anything they were before. Hopefully they don't do that, and instead those characters are all about their former lives, and Thrall and Draka get to talk, and Kael'thas gets to talk to Lor'themar, Rommath, etc, and Jaina and Arthas get to do something if he comes back too.

Hmm...Blizzard's logo is blue. The Kyrian are blue. Both drain the subject of all that they are in order to use them as tools to achieve the organization's goals. Coincidence? I think not.

Having Varian in Icecrown Citadel instead of Tirion, being Arthas's adoptive brother, would've been so cool.
    True, regardless there are some cases where Blizzard touched the outdated TBC zones, like when they updated Zul'Aman in Cataclysm or Exodar in Legion. I could see the same happening to the Sunwell or even the entirety of Quel'danas once the Lightbound invade Azeroth.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

we will receive the naaru with love because we are a society that worships the light!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    we will receive the naaru with love because we are a society that worships the light!
    Love and bondage gear if M'uru is any indication.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they'd take an interest in the Sunwell now but....................................Quel'thalas wouldn't be their first visit. *Cough*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Love and bondage gear if M'uru is any indication.
    you didn't play the final of TBC right? I can also recommend you do the queldelar quest, you can see how lady liadrin talks about how the light is great and we should all love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you didn't play the final of TBC right? I can also recommend you do the queldelar quest, you can see how lady liadrin talks about how the light is great and we should all love it!
    Its called "Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets" son. What she says in open matters very little.

3+ Year Old Account
    all of these demon attacks and the Sunwell wasn't even targeted?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The Sunwell was changed to be a source of Light energy, this may have made it non-viable to the demons, unlike the arcane energies of the other wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The Sunwell was changed to be a source of Light energy, this may have made it non-viable to the demons, unlike the arcane energies of the other wells.
    It was not targeted, no.

You may be right, Golden Yak. Lothraxion, previously a fel-infused dreadlord seemed to have no problem interacting with light though, so maybe they could have if they wanted? Eh, I guess I'll just go with Golden Yak's idea as my headcanon, even if the real reason is Blizzard doesn't like Quel'thalas and avoids it whenever possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was not targeted, no.

You may be right, Golden Yak. Lothraxion, previously a fel-infused dreadlord seemed to have no problem interacting with light though, so maybe they could have if they wanted? Eh, I guess I'll just go with Golden Yak's idea as my headcanon, even if the real reason is Blizzard doesn't like Quel'thalas and avoids it whenever possible.
    I think someone said its both Light and Arcane and well what with the Legion having its own dark Pantheon...the Sunwell seemed small by comparison.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The invasions we dealt with in the prepatch didn't end, and even intensified all through the expansions. While the heroes of the order halls were fighting on the Broken Isles the entire Horde and Alliance rank and file were fighting all around the world.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both the Light and Void already know where Azeroth is so neither need a beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think someone said its both Light and Arcane and well what with the Legion having its own dark Pantheon...the Sunwell seemed small by comparison.
    But they were interested in it during BC. I would think the Sunwell a more attractive target than Hearthglen anyway, the defense of which was the objective of one of the order hall board missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The invasions we dealt with in the prepatch didn't end, and even intensified all through the expansions. While the heroes of the order halls were fighting on the Broken Isles the entire Horde and Alliance rank and file were fighting all around the world.
    Yup, while we helped ugly drogbar and boring dead night elf ghosts, our followers got to hang out in the old world doing cool stuff in areas we care about.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    but if even a Forsaken nazi concentration camp was made to be attacked by the Legion, why not strike something that if destroyed will deal a huge blow to the Light?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    fair enough here
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    but if even a Forsaken nazi concentration camp was made to be attacked by the Legion, why not strike something that if destroyed will deal a huge blow to the Light?
    Well, if I had to concoct a reason... could be the large quantities of Light was actually repelling the demons from transporting into the area, could be that particular region simply wasn't worth the effort it would take to crack it, or there's that line from the Legion/Argus audio dramas, where Locus Walker mentions that the demons already consider the Light to have been defeated and the Void to be the real threat, so the demons didn't bother to launch any attacks on Light related targets.

The Legion initially wanted the Sunwell to turn into a portal, and they already had major portals - first the Tomb of Sargeras, and then the rift to Argus itself. The Sunwell's Light energies may make it non-viable as a potential portal. Ultimately for whatever reason the Legion decided it wasn't a priority target, and already had plenty of targets that were more important.

In their defense, technically Tyrande and Malfurion wanted nothing to do with him after he took the skull's power. It was a little weird for Illidan to not make an attempt to contact Tyrande as everything he did was to either save his own butt or to win her affections while he claimed it was for "the greater good". But hey maybe the last time she shunned him was truly it and everything he did was to protect himself from the Legion.

3+ Year Old Account
    anyway to the topic, I'd prefer to think only Liadrin and a small handful are devout to the Light again and the rest are still the "I command the Light" people. If the Lightbound comes to Quel'thalas the Blood Knights would simply use their old knowledge to command the Light inside the Lightforge to implode within and make them popcorns