Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I think being The Night Warrior has something to do with, y’know..
    Mr Obvious... Is the reason why I wanna see her smash the Forsworn Kyrian attack. D
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Awesome as always. Delivers a great sense of foreboding.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you get this cinematic? In-game that is

LOL lame. Nice one Danuser, pretty sick of hearing about your waifu.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    I still remember when Blizz said "nah, we got something super special for sylvannas, we´re not gonna turn her into Garrosh 2.0"
    Shadowlands is kinda perfect oportunity to kerrigan her into celestial being who is reedemed.
    Danuser would need new pants but that is a price he is happy to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    But.. there's literally zero reason to keep them alive for that? Anima is drained from the souls. Killing them would actually give Jailer more power over them, not to mention prevent them from returning to the surface for whatever reason. Besides, "forever" doesn't apply to mortals, so they'd die sooner or later anyway.
    Few things:
    If you capture an enemy leader you keep them alive. It throws the enemy army into chaos and hurts morale. It can also cause turmoil and confusion. They can also be used as a bargaining chip.
    There is also the issue not all souls are going to the Maw. It’s revealed in Roux’s book that Bwonsamdi is claiming all troll souls to save them from the Jailer. Keep in mind Voljin never went to the Maw either, and he was not claimed by Bwonsamdi, which means there’s another entity protecting souls, or some are strong/unique enough to not be tied to the same rules.
    In one situation having the leaders as prisoners is advantageous, in the other situation the Jailer is dealing with unknowns he doesn’t want to test.

I really liked that, mostly for Bolvar, he looks great.

I did laugh when Genn screamed Sylvannas though.

Sally looks cool as a DK, the "story" is completely stupid tho. Okay, so now the BBEG can yoink people out of Stormwind/Orgrimmar at will, great, so the "war" will be lost in a few weeks, right? RIGHT? Oh, no, it won't, because we will never see that ability used again. And why keep them alive? I see the post above me trying to explain it, but that is for when you capture a human, not someone that could kill you.

How about sending their decapitated heads back to their respective cities? What do you htink that would do to morale? And they get their souls anyways, so they can go right ahead and destroy them.

Why not send a few of these yoinkers every few hours, and then once you have enough heads just start leaving them all over?

Yeah, because that would be sensible, the BBEG needs to be a dumbass, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Sally looks cool as a DK, the "story" is completely stupid tho. Okay, so now the BBEG can yoink people out of Stormwind/Orgrimmar at will, great, so the "war" will be lost in a few weeks, right? RIGHT? Oh, no, it won't, because we will never see that ability used again. And why keep them alive? I see the post above me trying to explain it, but that is for when you capture a human, not someone that could kill you.

How about sending their decapitated heads back to their respective cities? What do you htink that would do to morale? And they get their souls anyways, so they can go right ahead and destroy them.

Why not send a few of these yoinkers every few hours, and then once you have enough heads just start leaving them all over?

Yeah, because that would be sensible, the BBEG needs to be a dumbass, of course.
    That’s the funny thing about surprise attacks, they don’t work too well after the 1st or 2nd try the same way.

Yeah, great idea about sending their heads back. Won’t make them martyrs or anything. Wont become a symbol of the evil that people can rally behind.

I also gave examples why the Jailer probably wouldn’t want to kill them. You know, pesky lower gods like Bwonsamdi showing they have some pull and keeping souls from entering the Maw, along with NPCs like Voljin who eluded the Maw without Bwonsamdi’s interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    That’s the funny thing about surprise attacks, they don’t work too well after the 1st or 2nd try the same way.

Yeah, great idea about sending their heads back. Won’t make them martyrs or anything. Wont become a symbol of the evil that people can rally behind.

I also gave examples why the Jailer probably wouldn’t want to kill them. You know, pesky lower gods like Bwonsamdi showing they have some pull and keeping souls from entering the Maw, along with NPCs like Voljin who eluded the Maw without Bwonsamdi’s interaction.
    Yeah, martyrs will make all the peasants rise up, perfect, more souls for the maw. And traveling to Northrend via boat marching, there will be 1000s of opportunities to attack them. Do you know what is demoralizing in rea life? Fear, crippling fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There is no indication whatsoever that the Jailer wouldn't be able to claim the souls of people killed within the Maw. Every time we've seen souls raising up, they start right from the body: Sylvanas when she was killed by Arthas in the Warbringer cinematic, Uther in the Bastion cinematic, when Arthas was killed, Bluther and Devos went down to where he died to claim him, etc. There may be an exception for players, but that's purely for game mechanics. I find it hard to believe that if they killed one of their prisoners in the Maw their soul would just vanish from under their fingers while the body cannot.

What you (and others) are saying is merely speculation you arrive at by working backwards from the narrative in order to make it fit. Now, you are free to speculate, but the resulting ideas don't have any weight in the discussion. Even as an attempted Watsonian explanation for the villains' peculiar actions, this is not the most straight-forward. The Jailer and/or Sylvanas having some reason to keep them alive (indoctrination, torture... training?, bait, etc) is far more reasonable and likely than them not being able to keep those four souls if the bodies are killed.

Would've been cooler if Bolvar was talking about the Jailer instead of "aah shee's coming"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    How do you get this cinematic? In-game that is
    No one has once mentioned this here, but I asked in-game and it turns out its just datamined. It was in the live files but not any test build.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague;52722998
    [COLOR="#417394"
    [SIZE=1]

Yes he could have.... activated his god hacks and flown after them.
    how does a werewolf magically make him able to catch flying targets?

- - - Updated - - -
    Its World of Warcraft anything could happen

Sylvanaass, my beloved, I'm coming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone should really ask Bolvar if he "knew" she was coming why he wasnt better prepared...

YA DONE GOOFED UP BOLVAR

Is this so bad it's good?

No...on watching it again it's just bad.

Why didn't Greymane just mount up? Did they put him in combat?

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    are they in a battle with another development team to see who can take the biggest dump on the franchise?
    Yep, with system design team!

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing bad better happen to my Jaina she's my favorite,