Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You should be way ahead at all times. Most of it comes from gear.
    yes at AR 25 you unlock the option to ascend characters to level 50 cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    currently AR19; I hope I don't miss it I'm a bit busy studying for exams week to play

- - - Updated - - -

custom models for Warcraft 3?
    I am sure i seen some of them in steam modding thing. Not orks tho. Usualy a most popular thing gets models.

Lol:
    Last edited by Yunru; 2020-10-15 at 07:22 AM.

You should be way ahead at all times. Most of it comes from gear.
    I don't mind leveling characters and weapons so much, but sorting through artifacts is a goddamn chore.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    It’s a 7-second quest that teaches you how to use the alchemy table. That and ar20 are the only prerequisites, it’s in the event description.
    Reading skills -1 well did it until i finished the resin, not a bad thing to do, rewards are good and not utterly complicated.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I don't mind leveling characters and weapons so much, but sorting through artifacts is a goddamn chore.
    Eh that is not a issue, problem is there is no way to lock them to be save from using them.

Also the main character upgrade skill path is a bit pain in ass.
    Freedom and then into resistance books. 9x guide to resistance....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    God yes. i'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because the majority of mine are the two generic ones you get early on. BUt the main thing is, I don't know what's what. The different slots make zero sense to me. Is this feather thing it's own slot? What are the other four slots? A glass, a..compass? Hell if I know. Maybe it would be easier to sort if it was actual pieces of gear. Gauntlets, belt, headpiece, etc.

You are just saying that because you haven't seen Klee!
    You are correct. I have not. Is she animated in a different engine or graphics style? A single good character doesn't redeem an entire game of mediocrity.

EDIT: Looked it up on youtube. It's a little girl that throws bombs in a high-pitched voice. Yeah...not impressed.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-15 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Eh that is not a issue, problem is there is no way to lock them to be save from using them.
    I have the opposite problem, but yeah. I basically avoid using items of the same rarity as fuel, unless I can burn the whole type (i.e. I don't need any berserk items, so it's safe to use them, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Reading skills -1 well did it until i finished the resin, not a bad thing to do, rewards are good and not utterly complicated.
    you don't need the resin to do the event rewards. Only use resin if you are for some unknown reason hard stuck with the lack of character exp materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    you don't need the resin to do the event rewards. Only use resin if you are for some unknown reason hard stuck with the lack of character exp materials.
    Yeah, but since it's right now optimal to use resin on this and stack xp mats, i'm just spending it all here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    God yes. i'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because the majority of mine are the two generic ones you get early on. BUt the main thing is, I don't know what's what. The different slots make zero sense to me. Is this feather thing it's own slot? What are the other four slots? A glass, a..compass? Hell if I know. Maybe it would be easier to sort if it was actual pieces of gear. Gauntlets, belt, headpiece, etc.
    I found a guide on Reddit that's helped a little, but yeah, I wish there were more ways of sorting them.

In particular, I wish we could sort by stats. As I understand it, ATK tends to be the most important stat for artifacts, and it's fricken' annoying having to click through all of them to find the ones with the best rolls.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    New promo codes:
    Codes For Each Server
    Asia: GENSHINMHY0I
    Americas: GENSHINMHY0M
    EU: GENSHINMHY0O

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You are correct. I have not. Is she animated in a different engine or graphics style? A single good character doesn't redeem an entire game of mediocrity.

EDIT: Looked it up on youtube. It's a little girl that throws bombs in a high-pitched voice. Yeah...not impressed.
    Well, I don't know what you dislike when you say "animation style".
    Because the animations are actually extremely well done. Just take a look at Mona's auto attack chain for example.

Very fluid, very versatile - heck, if you interrupt your autoattack chain characters even turn back into their idle stance in a completely different way. Fischl flicks her hair after turning back from AutoAttack 2, does an ojo-sama laugh after turning back to idle from AutoAttack3 etc. etc.
    The idle animations are also very fluid. Barbara dance, Barbara talking about her older Sister, Fischl doing her Chunibyo move, Ninguang playing with her earth orbs or her smoking pipe and so on and so forth.
    It's way beyond stuff like Code Vein for example. If it's the graphic style you don't like, then there is that. But it's actually looking pretty solid in that regard too, although the ... what's it called again... the high fidelity range(? detailed objects at a distance) is pretty low due to it having to work on phones... but then again, there are rumors about enhanced graphic options for the PC client coming soon (not sure if it's already confirmed)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-15 at 09:46 AM.

Well, I don't know what you dislike when you say "animation style".
    Because the animations are actually extremely well done. Just take a look at Mona's auto attack chain for example.

Very fluid, very versatile - heck, if you interrupt your autoattack chain characters even turn back into their idle stance in a completely different way.
    The idle animations are also very fluid.

It's way beyond stuff like Code Vein for example. If it's the graphic style you don't like, then there is that. But it's actually looking pretty solid in that regard too, although the ... what's it called again... the high fidelity range(? detailed objects at a distance) is pretty low due to it having to work on phones... but then again, there are rumors about enhanced graphic options for the PC client coming soon.
    It's not the skeletons or actual animating of the movements. It's the art style. I should have been more clear about that instead of using more general terms.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's not the skeletons or actual animating of the movements. It's the art style. I should have been more clear about that instead of using more general terms.
    Ah I see.

I was really wondering about what you meant because the game has quite literally the exact same animations as Nier for claymores, as an example. (Probably stolen, since the game is from China - heh.) Or at the very least, extremely similar animations to Nier in general.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-15 at 09:58 AM.

Ah I see.

I was really wondering about what you meant because the game has quite literally the exact same animations as Nier for claymores, as an example. (Probably stolen, since the game is from China - heh.) Or at the very least, extremely similar animations to Nier in general.
    The animations are all done from scratch using motion capture, eg:
    https://www.taptap.com/video/1247586

It's quite likely they took some inspiration from Nier, though.

Just wanted to share this link - genshin.gg

Seems a good collection of resources to build characters. Bear in mind at this stage everyone is testing and guessing so anything can change anytime.

General rule is: don't strain too much for 5* stuff if you're not into minmaxing and pushing Abyss. For everything else any team comp is fine, especially open world. Barbara is hands down best healer; ideally characters with "fire and forget" skills are better because it means more uptime on your main dps character.

I bought a Keqing account, because I was nearing AR30 on my main account that I was fortunate to roll Diluc on. This account I kinda butchered early on by spending wishes and gems on the standard wish instead of event. Since I was at 75 or so wishes, I figured let me just finish it out to 90 for my pity 5 star. It triggered on like 84, so it reset. And I got a 5 star spear... That's when I decided to buy my Keqing account.

Shes awesome and fun to play and I love her aesthetic, but man do I miss Diluc sometimes. Fire + Claymore+ spammy attacks really trivializes the early, mid and late game lol by making anything with a shield useless, anything that needs fire useless, and the perks of claymore (breaking rocks around the world, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I bought a Keqing account, because I was nearing AR30 on my main account that I was fortunate to roll Diluc on. This account I kinda butchered early on by spending wishes and gems on the standard wish instead of event. Since I was at 75 or so wishes, I figured let me just finish it out to 90 for my pity 5 star. It triggered on like 84, so it reset. And I got a 5 star spear... That's when I decided to buy my Keqing account.

Shes awesome and fun to play and I love her aesthetic, but man do I miss Diluc sometimes. Fire + Claymore+ spammy attacks really trivializes the early, mid and late game lol by making anything with a shield useless, anything that needs fire useless, and the perks of claymore (breaking rocks around the world, etc.).
    You did what? How much lol.