Pre-patch MM with Lucid Dreams.

Tried a new build on my hunter where I went for Lucid dreams essence on main in conjunction with Trueshot which lines up perfectly if you don't use Vision of Perfection minor. It made the cooldowns very interesting as I could simply spam AiS.

Now the problem is i have no idea how to run a sim, so if anyone with more experience in that regard than me could help me out here that would be grand. I have that sinking feeling I am on the completely wrong track for a pre-patch build, but oyu never know.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Ran some sims on my hunter, and Lucid was close to the worst one to use as major, however, the diffrence was not more that 300 dps

It's pretty simple if you use raidbots, you can use Topgear to check essences.
    Be sure to use a realistic timeframe, sims default to 5minutes which isn't reasonable in any way except to show raw variance.
    However, it's pre-patch and nothing matters. If it's fun, enjoy it while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by lysdalen View Post
    Ran some sims on my hunter, and Lucid was close to the worst one to use as major, however, the diffrence was not more that 300 dps
    Well that's good to know, decided to read some guides and it seems using the worldvein major is the way to go instead anyways.

Thanks for the help though.

300 dps is like 5% lol it's a lot

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    300 dps is like 5% lol it's a lot
    Yeah havent gotten used to the new numbers yet.

Yeah havent gotten used to the new numbers yet.
    it's even more than than if you do like 3.5k dps, and you can sim more than only 3.5k dps but not like 10k dps, were it would still be 3% dps... still a lot
    Last edited by vashe9; 2020-10-15 at 08:43 AM.

Does that only apply to MM? Or is that hunters across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by JRODSLAM View Post
    Does that only apply to MM? Or is that hunters across the board?
    I would have ot imagine only MM. The ability was consistently one of the best for Survival in BfA, and completely useless for BM. The only reason it is on the table now is because of the removal of the old Master Marksman talent which can leave us starved for focus during Trueshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would have ot imagine only MM. The ability was consistently one of the best for Survival in BfA, and completely useless for BM. The only reason it is on the table now is because of the removal of the old Master Marksman talent which can leave us starved for focus during Trueshot.
    Interesting.. Funny thing is, when i looked up best essences for Survival, Dreams wasnt the best major on quite a few sites i went to. I think IV had it at bis major, but most sites had Dying as bis major and Dreams as one of the minors. I may try simming to see how it works.