Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Subscription as an option rather than pre-requisite, basically a premium account.

They should had grown a pair of balls and took on RMT much, much sooner and with more than tokens.

Flying mounts was an irreversible mistake they'll never be able to properly rework because the masses are too used to it/unwilling to change.
    They should had put more thought into it when introducing them in terms of mechanics (flying combat and so on)

Factions have been a laughing stock for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    WoW music went downhill after main composer Russel Brower left company after WoD.

Legion had couple good themes. BFA had like, i dont know, main theme and couple Voldun/Drustvar memorable pieces but thats it. I listened to Shadowlands 5+ hours of music and yet to find anything that will stand out.

WoW Music until Legion was monumental, heavy, epic, either made the blood boil or fill with sorrow, or conduit the dramatic tone. There were a lot of horns and drums, a lot of harps and flutes, alot of chorus, alot of dramatic elements.

At some point most of this was watered down and turned into pretty generic fantasy and ambient sounds.

I am not against some new ideas, but as long as they are good. There is difference between Times Changes, Chieftains Gather and Invincible. All three are great. All three are different. New music is different but cant rival the past works.

P.S. The same i can tell about Blizzard Cinematic Department. After the director Nick Carpenter left the company after WoD, we got Legion, BFA and SL cinematics. All of them lacked the finesse of Carpenter's direction. WoD trailer had that very cinematic, realistic and gritty look. Every shot was perfectly directed. Perfect pacing. No wasted lines. Focus on the story/characters/action. All cinematic (not only WoW ones) after it started to look way too shiny, too refined and lacking of depth.

This is well said. While WoW music isn't bad (it's still pretty good!), the tracks from the last few expansions definitely don't feel as memorable to me.

Gillgoblin should have been instead of vulpera.
    (At least they would match the "ugliness" of mechagnomes(?))

i don't care about elves. think they are overrated.

Female dwarves should have the option to have beards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    This is well said. While WoW music isn't bad (it's still pretty good!), the tracks from the last few expansions definitely don't feel as memorable to me.
    I've loved many parts of the Kul Tiras tracks. Zandalar, less so. Are you two Horde mains, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think that this is something that should happen. The point where anyone actually cares about race/class comboes "not making sense" is so far in the distant past that it makes less sense to keep the restrictions.
    Hi, it's currently 10/14/20 and I'm someone that cares about keeping race/combos restrictions.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Death Knight gains Flesh (caster) specialization creating armies of the undead. Change Frost to Ice and make Unholy more about DoTs.

Demon Hunter gains Fel (healer) specialization becoming a healer through painting enemies with your own blood restoring health of who attacks it. They also gain Unleash (caster) becoming a caster utilizing beams and blades.

Druid gains Lifewarden (caster) specialization becoming a minion master planting stationary plants based on Freya in Ulduar.

Hunter gains Frenzy (tank) specialization coating enemies with their scents enraging their beast pet allowing the pet to withstand damage, but if the beast takes lethal damage it leaps to the hunter and delivers a harsh bleed lasting forever or until out of combat.

Mage gains Heat (healer) specialization augmenting allies to heal through actions of their own from movement to attacks.

Monk gains Speaker or Mantra (caster) allowing the Monk to cast a spell then augment with instant spells during spell casts to change the spell.

Paladin gains the long awaited Exorcism (caster) bringing back Exorcism and other casted spells.

Priest gains Inspiration (tank) allowing the Priest to keep inspiration levels of allies high to ignore damage taken allowing the Priest to turn any character into a tank.

Rogue gains Weaken (tank) that weakens targets with poison to reduce damage done to the Rogue. Change Outlaw to ranged wielding a rifle, bow, or crossbow.

Shaman gains Earthen (tank) bringing back Stoneclaw Totem to pair with the Shaman sharing damage taken and healing taken. The Shaman can augment the totem to take increased healing taken or damage taken.

Warlock gains Possession (tank) to possess a Voidwalker and the spirit of the warlock to follow closely behind. When the Voidwalker dies the spirit reenters the world of the living with nearly no life.

Warrior gains Motivation (healer) to utilize shouts to augment allies to shrug off damage.

Change Shadowlands Covenant concept to having a Covenant conduit tree and a Soulbind conduit tree. Covenants are unlocked through quest chain and are account-wide. Soulbind conduits are unlocked from leveling. Both trees are freely changed at any rested area.

1) Game should be easier
    2) More casual-friendly
    3) More solo-friendly

Not whole game. I don't ask to take Mythic+ or Mythic raids away from hardcores. But some part of game should be guaranteed to be easy/casual/solo. Like outdoor for example, as it was back in old days, when this game had 12M subs.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The SL Enhancement Shaman is a massive downgrade, it feels clunky and dated. Hell, even the Stormbringer visual was reverted to a more dated one which is ridiculous. As of right now, I don't feel like touching this spec at all, will probably abandon it until some drastic changes happen.

Edit: Actually, this entire "unpruning" feels like a step back. Instead of trying out something new like they did in previous expansions, they now bring old mechanics back for the sake of nostalgia or whatever.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-10-15 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Blizz's cash shop is really not a big deal. While the new store mounts are a bit annoying and I'm not thrilled that they are expanding out to things like toys, it's still a ton better than FFXIV's shop where things like character dances, holiday event items, and outfits are on sale.

- Borrowed Power is made out to be a lot worse than it is by streamers and the like. Blizz has constantly added and taken away abilities as it so desires with each expansion, borrowed power is really no different than that. It's just more pronounced as it's in a more visible area and we have to grind to max it out, so it feels more impactful to lose it.

- Factions have outlived their usefulness and need to go away. As Taran Zhu says "This conflict is little more than a race-war." (Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Seeking_Zin%27jun#Notes).

- While there are plenty of reasons why this should not happen, it would not be the worst thing in the world for Blizz to take out a couple of professions that they really seem to have no clue how to handle. Archaeology seems to have mostly died off these days. Jewelcrafting is basically useless at this point, given how gem slots are set up these days. Inscription seems like something they also struggle with, though that is in a better state than the other two.

- Race/Class restrictions really shouldn't be necessary these days, save maybe for Demon Hunters. It would require more work up front to make customized Druid forms and Shaman totems for each race, but there's no real good reason I can see to keep that barrier in place for any non-Demon Hunter class.

- Shadowlands will almost certainly experience quest flow problems on the first day it is out. Splitting people off to multiple zones as they did in Legion & BfA helped to stem the flow of traffic. As SL is guiding everyone on the same starting path and doesn't have a new race/class for people to try out on launch day, those starting zones are going to be incredibly congested.

- AU Draenor would have been the perfect setting for Warcraft 4 to take place and could have been a great way to expand the universe of Warcraft. Throwing that possibility away simply for the Mag'har Orc unlock quest line was a mistake Blizz will never realize they made.

Borrowed power is fine but the implementation is bad.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    1) Game should be easier
    2) More casual-friendly
    3) More solo-friendly

Not whole game. I don't ask to take Mythic+ or Mythic raids away from hardcores. But some part of game should be guaranteed to be easy/casual/solo. Like outdoor for example, as it was back in old days, when this game had 12M subs.
    Is outdoors not casual-friendly as it is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wellnesspitch View Post
    SPAM
    Take your spam somewhere else Pradeep, your wife shakes her head in disbelief of you trying to make a living spamming MMO-C with advertisements all day instead of getting a real job like a real man would, I honestly am at a loss how you can treat Kavitha like this!

Well, I think that the idea of graphics is popular. It could be better for sure. But we all love it anyway.

WoW should've ended with Legion and after that they should've released "WoW 2"(not advocating to actually call it like that), a new MMORPG with the graphics, worlds, action gameplay etc. of a modern RPG like witcher 3, the new ac games etc.

I want another elf race: undead elves.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Talent trees were sorta cool.

Game has to many buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I would say your stance on Warriors is fairly popular, as is the stance on restrictions. I would say it is more unpopular to defend race/class combos that are in the game, for example: Blood Elf Warriors are lore friendly to an extreme. Spell Breakers exist and they are called warriors in lore, so the fact they didn't have Warrior on release because they had arbitrarily capped the number of classes each race could be.

Honestly, it is more the defense or counter to the arguments that tend to be more unpopular. I feel that all classes, races and combos there of should make sense in a lore term. You can't just add a race class combo with no logical explanation.
    Well the term "warrior" and the class "Warrior" are sort of interesting. Technically all classes are "warriors", whereas the CLASS I tend to equate more towards "Barbarian", as their abilities feel a bit more primal in nature.

I think the Spell Breaker bit you mentioned is really interesting, though, and touches on something I think about quite a lot; how interesting and varies the Races are from a lore perspective, but it's not really represented in-game all that well.

For example, the WC3 Blood Mage; there have been countless debates (many of which I've started) arguing whether they are Fire Mages or Destro Warlocks. Which class/spec is worthy to inherit the title, and thus their abilities and general aesthetic themes? When the truth is "neither, really". Spell Breaker is the exact same thing; while no class REALLY fulfills the fantasy of playing a Spell Breaker, I always leaned more towards Paladin taking up that mantle.

In any case, I just think it's kind of interesting to think about. And to be honest, there's a part of me that sort of wishes that, instead of having "all these different classes with all these different specs", that I feel like it would've maybe been more interesting if each RACE were ALSO treated as a "Class", and having "specs" that delve into different aspects of their culture. It feels weird that a Lightforged Draenei and a Void Elf are technically the exact same style of "Priest". Also much how no class fully captures the "Dino-mancer" or even "Throne of Thunder" vibe for a Zandalari.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Well the term "warrior" and the class "Warrior" are sort of interesting. Technically all classes are "warriors", whereas the CLASS I tend to equate more towards "Barbarian", as their abilities feel a bit more primal in nature.

I think the Spell Breaker bit you mentioned is really interesting, though, and touches on something I think about quite a lot; how interesting and varies the Races are from a lore perspective, but it's not really represented in-game all that well.

For example, the WC3 Blood Mage; there have been countless debates (many of which I've started) arguing whether they are Fire Mages or Destro Warlocks. Which class/spec is worthy to inherit the title, and thus their abilities and general aesthetic themes? When the truth is "neither, really". Spell Breaker is the exact same thing; while no class REALLY fulfills the fantasy of playing a Spell Breaker, I always leaned more towards Paladin taking up that mantle.

In any case, I just think it's kind of interesting to think about. And to be honest, there's a part of me that sort of wishes that, instead of having "all these different classes with all these different specs", that I feel like it would've maybe been more interesting if each RACE were ALSO treated as a "Class", and having "specs" that delve into different aspects of their culture. It feels weird that a Lightforged Draenei and a Void Elf are technically the exact same style of "Priest". Also much how no class fully captures the "Dino-mancer" or even "Throne of Thunder" vibe for a Zandalari.
    Honestly, I wished that Druids had an option for Dinomancy ... I know that could step on Zandalari druid forms, but rather than be copies of the Zandari forms have the forms for Cat be replaced with a Raptor and Bear with Direhorn.

It would be nice if there was more racial flavor in classes, I agree.

Spell Breaker isn't really a Paladin nor is it really a Warrior either. Spell Breakers don't use the Light, so Paladin doesn't really fit.

And Warrior covers the archetype of Fighter as well as Barbarian (using DnD for example), so it does involve the honorable martial fighter. In Lore, Paladin and Knight are not synonyms. So there are plate wearers who are not Paladins in Lore.

The issue is in Lore things can be expansive and they have to try to place those into 12 boxes. You get things that don't fit well.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    action gameplay
    Part of the reason I'm still playing WoW is it's not an action RPG. Never enjoyed them and can't understand why they are considered to be the norm these days. I guess it's also an unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Part of the reason I'm still playing WoW is it's not an action RPG. Never enjoyed them and can't understand why they are considered to be the norm these days. I guess it's also an unpopular opinion.
    This type of gameplay would also include spells but it would also require movememt, combos etc... basically the fighting is more enganging and fun vs just tapping on a target and pressing buttons

Whats really unpopular in my suggestion is that wow 2 would reset all progression

I want WoW PvP to become completely separate game with solo matchmaking queues and all the MMORPG gfeatures like gear, leveling and farm removed, i.e. like any other competitive MMO game. Kind of like they do an arena tournament but available to everyone F2P.