Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    As usual 90% of people can't see the forest for the trees when someone posts an idea. Getting hung up with grammar and shit lol. Anyway, I like the idea of making leveling a challenge, not so much making it longer. We'll see though since I haven't leveled in the new faster Chromie Time. If it's already quite fast, making it engaging via difficulty for extra rewards would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    heirlooms are already completly usless . they should remove them from game and return all the gold blizzard stolen from players by nerfing heirlooms.
    Heirlooms are great, for making a permanent transmog set to use while leveling.

I also think the 50-60 part of this would be MUCH harder than most of you think. Even in BfA it was pretty easy to die on a squishy toon if you were using heirlooms over azerite gear, especially in the 116-117 range.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2020-10-15 at 06:06 PM.

More gear customization, like a dye-system, is something I've requested since 2013.. I'd love to see it, but it should def. not be exclusive to heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    More gear customization, like a dye-system, is something I've requested since 2013.. I'd love to see it, but it should def. not be exclusive to heirlooms.
    I can't see a dye system ever coming. That would be an insane amount of work to go back and update all the existing item appearances in the entire game to support it. Games that have dye systems plan for it from the start and build it into each model along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    I can't see a dye system ever coming. That would be an insane amount of work to go back and update all the existing item appearances in the entire game to support it. Games that have dye systems plan for it from the start and build it into each model along the way.
    Well of course something great would require a large amount of work..

Quote Originally Posted by Keilvog View Post
    I really doubt that. With a title reward, cool looking mogs in the end and maybe a mount?
    Maybe not you but I'm pretty confident that a lot of people would definitely do it.

Hell, I would do it for the challenge itself. But the rewards would be cool.
    That would Force people to do it/use them, even if they have no joy of doing it. You dangle a title or mogs, or w/e people will be forced to do it to get those, and before you go "No one is forcing you..." you don't know the power of OCD in a completionist. Which will open a whole new can of worms, with people selling "Services" to obtain them. No this is a terrible Idea. You want this, then make a different Set that people can buy to make the game harder, don't change crap people already own, just because... and even that... I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    That would Force people to do it/use them, even if they have no joy of doing it. You dangle a title or mogs, or w/e people will be forced to do it to get those, and before you go "No one is forcing you..." you don't know the power of OCD in a completionist. Which will open a whole new can of worms, with people selling "Services" to obtain them. No this is a terrible Idea. You want this, then make a different Set that people can buy to make the game harder, don't change crap people already own, just because... and even that... I don't like.
    So basically you're saying "don't add anything else to the game otherwise I wont ever be finished with my achievement list".
    I was already sold on the idea that the old heirlooms shouldn't be changed, so that people don't get angry. That's a minor thing, easy to fix. The idea is the challenge mode itself.

I'm sorry, I get it that you don't like the idea, but I find your reasoning...unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The existing heirlooms? Yeah, not so much. But if we're talking about creating a new iteration of heirlooms that did make the game harder and more challenging then I'd be all for it. Would need to confer a few added benefits, like an additional mount, title, or associated achievements if you level a character with them equipped. But I think that could definitely be a way to spice up leveling for veterans of the game.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Keilvog View Post
    So basically you're saying "don't add anything else to the game otherwise I wont ever be finished with my achievement list".
    I was already sold on the idea that the old heirlooms shouldn't be changed, so that people don't get angry. That's a minor thing, easy to fix. The idea is the challenge mode itself.

I'm sorry, I get it that you don't like the idea, but I find your reasoning...unreasonable.
    No, I'm not. I'm saying Don't change preexisting things in game to make them hard, because you want them to, and then make goals that force people to do these "achievements". I did say, if you wanted something like that, makes something "New". I wouldn't like it because I'd still have to do it, but I would still have all the BoAs that I bought since WotLK and have spent tons of gold Upgrading over the years.