Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Is the end of Shadowlands the perfect time to implement player housing?

Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    why do devs waste time on whatever garbage you like? its boring af and it should never happen.

there is absolutely no need for this, garrison were awful and i personally don't want another iteration of that

why the hell you want to play by yourself in your shitty little house in an MMO?? or you want to make 2pm tea parties? player housing is the most stupid idea evet.

The Shadowlands does make sense for infinite scalable player housing. I just don't see the devs doing it. I'm not sure what their dislike of player housing is, but they would make a much bigger deal out of it if it were planned to happen.

WoW always was and still is ,for the most part, an amalgam of systems taken from sucessful competitors.

As long there's no successful competitor with player-housing systems WoW won't have one.
    And looking at the MMO market the chances of that happening are very very low.

Please I do not want player housing anywhere near WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    WoW always was and still is ,for the most part, an amalgam of systems taken from sucessful competitors.

As long there's no successful competitor with player-housing systems WoW won't have one.
    And looking at the MMO market the chances of that happening are very very low.
    FFXIV has a robust player housing system and seems to be the largest competitor WoW has had in a decade.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what anyone on MMO wants for this game, the people here can only tell you what they don't want, equivalent to babies.

Path of Exile has player housing and I love it. Can put my own personal touch on the game and other people can see it. It's very simple and kept out of the way, it's just there.

I doubt people will ever give reasoning why they don't want it, they will just say they don't want it.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-10-15 at 06:53 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    There's no successful competitor with player-housing systems WoW won't have one.
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I honestly dont want player or guild housing

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV
    It's real end-game is the housing market. Always sold-out.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    You fail to defend your argument. Why is that a better time than any other?

To be fair, there's a lot of complaints in FFXIV about how much of their resources could be put to creating more content that is instead used for housing. FFXIV patches are typically very small.

On the same line, though, Blizzard also wastes a lot of their dev time into creating borrowed power systems that don't wind up working very well.
    Last edited by Nize; 2020-10-15 at 06:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You fail to defend your argument. Why is that a better time than any other?
    He asked if anyone else thinks it's a perfect time, it wasn't a statement, which means he wants it open for interpretation.

P.S. you're not clever, just cringe.

I can think of plenty of other features I'd like them to work on over player housing.

Player housing is a waste of development time and money. No value whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    I can think of plenty of other features I'd like them to work on over player housing.
    Lets hear them and see if they aren't a "waste of resources" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Player housing is a waste of development time and money. No value whatsoever.
    Players spend millions on housing in Eso. They keep pumping out 100$ homes and people eat em up. And having your own covenant/afterlife realm you customize to your desire could be potentially more engaging then a basic house you can put chairs and shit in. And adding more content into old raids for housing stuff would get even more people back to doing old content. Especially if its tradeable like raid pets.