Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Devs waste time on trash like pvp but I don't see people complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkor View Post
    raid tiers were removed in legion so this is a moot point

blizz doesnt give a fuck about roleplayers that's why there will never be player housing
    But when there were raid tiers they were cut when blizzard did housing. Changing the word tier with season is just semantics.

Why should blizzard give a fuck about a tiny minority. It's not like they made special dispensations for them like no crz in capital cities. So the evidence would actually point to blizzard giving a big shit about role players. Woah. Did I just bust your arguments with facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Can at least one of those player housing thread supporters suggest what exactly it would do and how it would work?

All I see is a vague idea with zero substance. How is this whole player housing supposed to work? We build a house, decorate it and then what? Sit in there and admire furniture we've picked for it? I don't get it. Please elaborate what exactly you want and how it's going to be fun?
    A few ideas I'd have for "things to do":

1) Have neighborhoods. Allow people to show off their house, visit other peoples' houses, etc. If one can't see another person's house, then at least half the fun is gone.
    2) Add mini-games. DMF or various toys would work. Things like the Madrivas' WQs. Implement something like Lost Viking in SC2.
    3) Include special events that can be built up to and unlocked. People still do garrison invasions and Sentinax beacons.
    4) Review cutscenes. There are a lot in the game spread out across toys and NPCs. Centralize it to let people relive favorite moments.
    5) Integrate it with other systems. Perhaps characters can lure rare tamable pets to the neighborhood by planting special crops. Perhaps certain yard furnishings attract certain battle pets. Furniture could integrate with crafting and have special unlock requirements to both bolster crafting and have economic impact.

Ultimately it's a means of creative expression that allows players to better inject some of their own ideas in the game. It doesn't have to be fun for everyone. I expect people primarily focused on M+ or Mythic Raiding or Rated PvP to view it as a waste of time. But for people who enjoy other aspects of the game (transmog farming, pet battles, mount collecting, etc.), I expect that the opportunity to show off some of their accomplishments would be welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's a complete disgrace to call the garrison 'player housing'.
    Doesn't matter, that's still what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    So that we can retire and the game can be over? Sure, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It takes away raid tiers. Check mate.
    No it doesn't. That is a lie that people like you keep actually believing.

player housing in WoW would be a waste of time, blizzard has a habit now of half assing things and with player housing it would be nothing but a generic housing instance zone with pre built homes for ungodly gold prices and the only decoration you place is through grindy drops from mobs or bosses to flex your epeen. Also before anyone mentions vendor placing and transmog and stuff, mounts offer those and mounts are easily summoned.

if i had a ingame house for every player housing thread, suramar would pale in the glory of my city.

probably well guarded by my vast army of tinkers

Why do people want instanced shitty little houses for themselves? I don't get it. I another style of MMO where you can actually build something in the world itself...that would be interesting. But tbh WOW already has enough instanced content...imo I don't even see a need for player housing from a rp players point of view.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    As long there's no successful competitor with player-housing systems WoW won't have one.
    And looking at the MMO market the chances of that happening are very very low.
    *Points to FF14, ESO and SWtOR*

It is kind of possible I'd say. Plus, I think I heard something about them working on something in 8.2 but I can't confirm it
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I love how so many people in these threads like to say that nobody wants housing yet players have been asking for it for YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Lets hear them and see if they aren't a "waste of resources" or not.
    Who are you quoting exactly? I don't recall claiming player housing was a waste of resource, just low down my list of things I'd personally like to see developed.

Why are people so anti playerhousing? You wouldnt HAVE to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Who are you quoting exactly? I don't recall claiming player housing was a waste of resource, just low down my list of things I'd personally like to see developed.
    Well I was thread quoting you, but the actual quotes are from others in the thread saying "waste of resources". You might know this if you read the responses in the thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vandosq View Post
    Why are people so anti playerhousing? You wouldnt HAVE to do it.
    People seem to be against anything you propose these days.

Unfortunately they do have a reason.. they dont want wasted "resources".

I want housing and bad. ESO did an amazing job on it.. many games did an amazing job on it.. Wow made a mockery of it with garrisons..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can, in fact, still visit and customize your garrison. Have fun instead of a two room house you get an entire base.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Well I was thread quoting you, but the actual quotes are from others in the thread saying "waste of resources". You might know this if you read the responses in the thread?
    So why are you lumping me in with people claiming its a waste of resource when I've quite clearly clarified that I don't deem it as such?
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-10-15 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No it doesn't. That is a lie that people like you keep actually believing.
    Fact: Blizzard declared before the expansion even started that there would only be two tiers where the norm was 3 tiers.

Where did the development go? Everything else was the same as recent expansions. Dungeons? Mythic dungeons. PvP? Ashran like winter grasp. Pet battles? Exactly like MoP. World bosses? Just like MoP.

Conclusion. A raid tier of development was spent on garrisons. It's only a lie because this fact doesn't line up with your beliefs.

Checkmate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I love how so many people in these threads like to say that nobody wants housing yet players have been asking for it for YEARS.
    Relative to the amount of people who don't want it you might as well say no one. The proportion is so low that it is statistically irrelevant. 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: Nooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Fact: Blizzard declared before the expansion even started that there would only be two tiers where the norm was 3 tiers.

Where did the development go? Everything else was the same as recent expansions. Dungeons? Mythic dungeons. PvP? Ashran like winter grasp. Pet battles? Exactly like MoP. World bosses? Just like MoP.

Conclusion. A raid tier of development was spent on garrisons. It's only a lie because this fact doesn't line up with your beliefs.

Checkmate.
    No, it wasn't. The fact that you actually believe them is laughable. The whole "we wasted a raid tier on garrisons" is a massive and convenient scapegoat. Every other time they've cut content, they didn't have a convenient thing to hide behind like garrisons. But then players like you actually believe that garrisons costed a raid tier and ignore every other time Blizzard has cut raids and content without an excuse.

It's 100% a lie Blizzard spat out and only very gullible people believe it.