Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Complaining about complainers while not even knowing the state of the game, this is some top level irony even for this forum.
    Oh yeah because there isn't daily media coverage on just about every single change they make in the game. I guess I should learn my place huh? You're part of the problem on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This forum is downright friendly towards WoW compared to Reddit or the official forums. There seems to be far more casual players here than reddit or official forums, and casual players tend to not be as negative.

Plus BfA has been a dumpster fire. That's just objective fact. You may like the game, and that's fine, but it wasn't good. Why wouldn't you be negative during the worst period in the games history?
    It's probably because the mods here actually do their jobs. The mods on the official forums and reddit just don't care.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Complainer View Post
    Complaining about the negativity will definitely not help the cause lol
    Did you make this account for this thread because I love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Plus BfA has been a dumpster fire. That's just objective fact. You may like the game, and that's fine, but it wasn't good. Why wouldn't you be negative during the worst period in the games history?
    It's not objective fact, though; there are some people who really liked BfA and most of what it had to offer - so that means it's just an opinion ultimately. I mean I'm not a fan of BfA myself, and while I often find myself in the rather unenviable position of having to defend it, I still consider it WoW's weakest expansion to date (dethroning WoD for the honor). This isn't to say it was *all* bad, but I still judge it as weak, especially when it followed Legion which was an expansion I personally mostly liked. Most of my dislike isn't even BfA's explicit fault, per se, because I knew its subject (the faction war) was one I personally have little interest in. The gameplay problems didn't help it much, either.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

um, coming from someone with half a dozen lvl 60s on several servers, to include two on hyjal, i'd say i agree with the op, that wow is horrible.

what do you do at level 60? grind to get tier .5 gear. then what? grind to get tier 1 gear? then? grind to get tier 2 gear? oh, and then you can grind to get tier 3 gear.

because a game is "most popular", does that somehow, in your *mind* mean the same as "best"? i've been in enough guilds and played with them in ts/vent to see a great deal of children playing. not only that, but the guys that can't get any sweet loving offline, oh, they'll be mighty beings of power in this game, which totally goes to their teensy weensy heads and makes them think that they're uber gods and everyone (on and off line) should bow down before them because they have purple items~!!

wow is made for the least common denominator. after you hit level 60, then what? there's enough different things TO do, that you can level several characters to 60 and not have to have gone thru the same quests and areas time and again if you choose not. i'll give them credit for that.

but, all the uber gear for each class is EXACTLY alike. oh wait, unless you're jobless and have time to pvp for every second that the BGs are up, then you can gear up with different vendor bought pvp faction gear.

let's see, after the deserter flag, is it still as easy to honor farm? let's do the math. 30 minutes (on a VERY good day) to get into a BG, up to 3+ hours (on a not so good day) to get into a BG. if i'm a deserter, then i get a 15 minute time out. add to that, people randomly get tagged with deserter, even if they've won the BG; and that on more than a few occasions, on both horde and alliance, on several different servers -- i get no honor tokens for completing a bg.

so to summarize, if you bought, or pre-ordered WoW, look on the box and read the book that came with it. it talks about these wonderful battlegrounds which are PART OF THE GAME. then switch to real-life. about 9 MONTHS after the release of wow into retail, these buggy, half-thought-out pvp areas were FINALLY released.

cry more noob indeed.

so if you want to spend 500+ hours with a group of strangers in one of about 4 dungeons, doing the same things over and over again (because you can't craft true end-game gear, and the closest things to crafting said gear would require parts from the same dungeons), only so that you can wear EXACTLY the same outfit as everyone else who is living in those same dungeons, then yes, wow is the snooze-fest for you.

but what about the BGs? aren't they great fun? sure, until you get tired of waiting 12+ hours for AV to start up, only to do the exact same fight on the exact same map for the next 5-8 hours. tons of fun if you don't mind waiting 25-45 minutes to play in WSG, on the exact same map, where all you do is grab a flag and run across a pretty open field to the other side and capture said flag. oh, unless some cowardly little spaz climbs to the top of a big tree/rock on the side, cuz they're skeered, then you have to climb up there, kill the loser, and THEN return your flag. don't forget AB, you guessed it, the EXACT same map every time. capture/control the 5 different resources until your team reaches 2000 points. now, the reason you have to do these same exact maps again and again, is because THAT is how creative the folks at blizzard are. plus, you need to do them a bazillion times to get enough reputation with that BG's faction, so you can purchase the *good* stuff from them.

now, i'll give blizz credit. they steal just enough of a tv/movie's ideas so as to not get tagged with copyright infringement. i mean, you have clarice talking about the lambs crying at night. you have that goblin in the land of the lost (ungoro), who talks about they were on an expedition in a raft and it all went haywire. there's no sleestak, but there sure are a lot of crystals out there. just play in a few areas, you'll notice a ton of shows being ripped off. i guess it's cool to recognize a tv show or movie or something ingame, but come on, the extent of their imagination is to rip off other shows?

keep in mind, these people viciously hunt down and bully people who put out emulators to make private servers for this game. but, it's ok for them to jack OTHER people's intellectual properties. nothing but quality here bub.

cry more noob indeed. did you even play this game, BelisariusDL? or is "cry more noob" what you do when someone hurt's your feelings and you just don't have anything factual to back up your fanboi-esque reply of "cry more noob, its da mostest p0pul3R3sT~!!!"

solo players and small group players, BG will be your best chance for having high level purples. you HAVE to be part of the mega guilds that made so many of us despise games like EQ, in order to get the best stuff. but you get to pay the same monthly fee as everyone else. grats~!!

then we have the wow forums. if you're a fanboi, they're heaven for you. just kiss up to the forum mods there and they will return the favor. anyone that calls you a fanboi, or disagrees with the idiocies you post, will be chastisted and banned for a time, from the official forums. without exaggeration, that is the majority of the mods on those forums, to a T.

GMs ingame are either people that don't play much with computers, don't speak english as their native language (if at all), or are just um, "slow". you'll get some randomly pasted reply to your ticket. you can reply INSTANTLY to tell the idiot that his/her response has NOTHING to do with your problem, and i'd say a good 5 times out of 7 they already have an away message up that tells you to open a ticket (while you still have one open and can only have one open at a time) to get help with your problem.

let's rate their customer service, both ingame and out of game. the scale being 1,000,000 (the best) down to 1 (being equal to just ramming your head thru a concrete wall in order to get help). on that scale i'd have to give them about a -500,000. yes, MINUS/NEGATIVE 500,000. so their help is equal to about the help you'd get with dropping a nuke on your hometown.

the graphics are interesting and pretty. some of the better graphics out right now. graphics do play a big part in motivation to play a game. but they only go so far.

to summarize, if you want a game where you can play with every little kid in the world, and every adult who hides behind the anonymity of the internet so they can be the rude jerkoff they wish they were in real life, then wow is your game. if your idea of fun on the weekend is to spend it in the same dungeon as the last 20 weekends with that same wonderful group of 40 people... yes, wow is your game.

if you want responsive customer service. if you want forums moderated by people who care about improving the game. if you want devs who work on fixing bugs. if you want devs who work on making it a more interesting game, and not just more of the same old crap 100+ hour grind in order to get your equipment in the SAME EXACT dungeon. if you want their to be reasons to raid enemy cities, perhaps even good loot for ooo attacking enemy towns. if you want GMs who have a clue and that are actually helpful. well, wow isn't for you. not in the slightest.

if you want to go solo, or play with your couple of friends, expect the morons ingame to try and steal whatever your mining (and then whine to their guild that you're an ore thief, because everything in that region is THEIRS), or to try and tag mobs you've aggro'ed before they're "yours".

no, there's not KS'ing per se, but yes, it does exist and blizz doesn't care. just like the myriad of problems with the game that i haven't touched on. give them their monthly sub and shoosh it.

so.., you title your thread 'negative nacies', go on a rant about how you have a better attitude while not even playing the game and how ridiculous the negativity is and how youre not seeing any constructive discussions. but god forbid someone saying 'are you complaining about complaining?'

im sorry, but how am i supposed to not see it that way? because its neither useful nor helpful therefor not constructive

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    so.., you title your thread 'negative nacies', go on a rant about how you have a better attitude while not even playing the game and how ridiculous the negativity is and how youre not seeing any constructive discussions. but god forbid someone saying 'are you complaining about complaining?'

im sorry, but how am i supposed to not see it that way? because its neither useful nor helpful therefor not constructive
    Hmm yeah I guess I just want to post about negative stuff so I can get a lot of replies because I'm an attention whore.

What's more constructive: Tired rehashes of the same vitriolic posts over and over again, or one rather mild post attempting to consider both sides while also pointing out an issue in the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Hmm yeah I guess I just want to post about negative stuff so I can get a lot of replies because I'm an attention whore.

What's more constructive: Tired rehashes of the same vitriolic posts over and over again, or one rather mild post attempting to consider both sides while also pointing out an issue in the community?
    Or option number 3, tired rehash of the same old thread complaining about complainers and toxicity that have been around since vanilla..

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP.

It's okay to be critical of Blizzard and WoW. But some people here just need to quit the game and find something else to do, because what they express isn't criticism but hate.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even play right now
    Then you are the last person that should speak about WoW and peoples complaints. I'm sorry your feelings got hurt tho

Well, I'm not generally posting negative stuff here but topics like these... ugh. BfA deserved all the hate it got and players have every right to be wary and negative at least until they redeem themselves.

now youre the one making it negative. im just asking a question because you dont want to be seen a certain way, yet the whole post screams that you are. if not, then please provide a 'constructive' answer instead of 'Hmm yeah I guess I just want to post about negative stuff so I can get a lot of replies because I'm an attention whore.'

how am i supposed to take you seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    I've started just ignoring/blocking people on here which is nice because you can choose to read it if you have the energy and usually (not always) the person is less of a negative person elsewhere
    oh yes,lets just ignore what i disagree with,that will surely fix it

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even play right now
    I think this is pretty much the nail on the head.

I don't even play right now and I have a better attitude about World of Warcraft than seemingly most people on this forum. I understand being wary of Blizzard given their track record, but the negativity here is ridiculous. If a thread isn't meant to complain about some aspect of the game then there are replies that make it negative. I hardly see constructive discussion here and when I do, it seemingly goes largely ignored compared the torrent of complaints.

Can we try to change this at all or are you guys set in your ways? I like this website, it's my go-to for WoW news and related discussions. But the constant negative nancies make it hard to enjoy.

Now, proceed to react with your "Nobody cares about your opinion," "You're free to leave," "Wtf was the point of this post?" and my personal favorite "Are you complaining about complaining?"
    Welcome to MMO-C. Tbh, I think this kind of general negativity pervades most of society but it is particularly ripe in this corner of the internet. I'm kinda sad SL is pulling me back into the WoW scene just because it's meant I have been drawn back here. Woe is my lack of impulse control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But you havent argued WHY people should stop being negative nancies
    It's not that people should stop being negative. It's that they should be constructive. Complaining for the sake of it isn't constructive.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    now youre the one making it negative. im just asking a question because you dont want to be seen a certain way, yet the whole post screams that you are. if not, then please provide a 'constructive' answer instead of 'Hmm yeah I guess I just want to post about negative stuff so I can get a lot of replies because I'm an attention whore.'

how am i supposed to take you seriously?
    What way do you think I want to be seen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That's adolescent?

Lord forbid we want posts to be readable, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Well let's see.

The 'rehashes' of the 'same' vitriolic posts over and over again, talk about what's wrong with the game, and occasionally, end up talking about what could be done to improve the game. While rare, that's still SOME manner of benefit to the game at large, as it facilitates discussion of the game's faults and what could be done to improve them - Even if it doesn't happen often, it does still happen occasionally.

This post is just complaining about people who complain. And is just as rehashed and repeated as every other post on this board - Once a board has existed for so long, I'm pretty sure all you will see is repeats of the same exact posts over and over again, funny enough. There is absolutely no way in which complaining about complainers helps anyone - It certainly doesn't change people who complain about the game, as they're not going to take you seriously if you're just going to insult them for trying to be passionate about the game. And you're not about to take anybody seriously who DOES complain about the game, as you made very clear in your early statement by basically deriding people who complain...

So despite your attempts to invalidate them, yes, the complaint threads are in fact more constructive towards the game than this thread. This thread has no benefit to the game at large. In fact, we'd be lucky if this thread had an onze of constructive criticism in it that any singular person took seriously.
    Okay and if the purpose of this thread was to discuss ways to improve World of Warcraft that would be a perfectly valid criticism. But the purpose is actually an attempt to bring into question the negativity that many people spout on these forums (not just MMO-C as many people have stated) without even attempting to articulate how they would change it or at the very least explain their reasoning for disliking it. To me it seems like a lot of the time, people either begin a thread that contains complaint for the sake of complaining, or people reply to that thread in such a manner that the thread turns negative, just like this one has.

Many of the people who replied here have proven my point, which is bittersweet because I was hoping for less "You don't even play the game you have no right to talk" and more "I understand where you're coming from, but this is what I think." And as another person stated this is something prevalent throughout the world, which is a tragic state to be in.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Well first, you have a premise with no proof - You're bringing into question the negativity which you can only prove with anecdotal evidence.

Second, we don't have to give what we would do to change it because we are not game designers. We can still say we don't like something, because - Shocker - You don't need a replacement activity to know something isn't fun.

And last, the number of people who don't attempt to explain their reasoning for disliking something is SEVERELY outnumbered by those who DO explain their dislike, and are immediately rebutted by people who insist their experience of the game was different than it actually was, thus discounting their reason for disliking something.

So first, you'd have a lot of proofreading to do before we're prepared to have a discussion at length about this. And even considering ALL of this, you'd accomplish absolutely nothing by bringing this up on MMO-Champion, as not a single person on this forum would take it even a lick of a bit seriously - So yes, still, the complaint threads are more constructive than this one.

And?

What is the problem? It's a forum. The point of a forum is to start a discussion. If you want to start a discussion about a complaint, that's allowed.

If you want less complaint threads, you're more than welcome to make more threads that aren't complaint threads.

So let me get this straight.

People aren't allowed to reply about what could be better unless they have a perfect solution in order to bring about a fix for the problem, because they'd just be "negative nancies"... But if you try to talk about a game you don't play, you should be believed just as well as those who do play and know you are incorrect? How exactly can you reconcile these two statements?

But putting that aside - You're just waxing poetic with this statement. You're upset about not being taken seriously with an outdated opinion. You truly cannot know the state of the game without playing it, that's a fact. There's no "I understand where you're coming from" because nothing of what you said was understandable. You need to first correct your statement within the context of today's game before you can even begin to talk about what you want to talk about - That's what people are telling you.

This isn't "negative." This is simply the truth. It's people like you that have CAUSED the world to become the way it is, because there's so many of people like you who feel their opinion is always valid, even when put up against the opinions of experts in the field you're attempting to talk about. We have to keep discounting people who aren't knowledgable about a subject because otherwise we're being taught the WRONG information, and it takes a lot more to UNlearn information than it takes to learn information for the first time.
    A lot of people including you keep saying "So people aren't allowed..." Where at any point have I stated that I have a problem with peoples' negative criticisms. I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. I said "I understand why people feel this way, they have every right to, but meaningless complaints are tiresome and annoying." Perhaps I shouldn't have ever implicated MMO-C, because you seem hell bent on delegitimizing a statement that is easily verifiable if you just look at comments across the entire internet including this website.

How can someone be incorrect in this context to begin with? I have an opinion on something I have observed. If you disagree with me that there is a lot of pointless complaining regarding WoW then that's your perogative, but that doesn't make you any more correct then I am.

And the gatekeeping yet again. Tell me, do you need to be in politics to understand the current political landscape of the US? Do you need to be a doctor to understand the current science of medicine? Lack of participation doesn't equate to ignorance, as I've said multiple times thus far ESPECIALLY with something that gets daily media coverage across the internet like World of Warcraft. I don't need to be an expert in the field to understand why people have problems with the game or the company.

Reread my original post, I corrected it yesterday for your's and others' sake. If you still have this issue with my viewpoint after reading the edit, then I can't help you.

I do agree with you that this thread has been entirely pointless for the most part. Not because of the essence of the topic, but the lack of willingness to discuss without making it a big argument about my intentions or methodology. You don't have to agree like I've said several times now and I would be fine if you had left it at that like other people have, but instead you feel the need to correct me when, quite frankly that isn't your place. I have an opinion based on observation, you have a disagreement with that opinion. I will, however, be much more reluctant to attempt to start a discussion about anything as contetious as this, because accusatory folk like you can't handle it.

By the way, as I've also stated several times now: My issue isn't specifically threads that are made to be negative or pessimistic, but that often they are made so by people with bad attitudes.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-10-17 at 08:20 PM.

everything said on the internet is directed at you personally so that is how you will respond.

this is reality now.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Not everyone wants to accept all of Blizzard's incredibly shitty decisions. Making threads like this basically shaming people who say negative things about blizzard is ridiculous.