Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The inherent hilarity in Eastern Europeans not realising a Section 230 repeal would lead to a situation where it's safer for social media companies to blanket ban Eastern European IP addresses rather than risk being held liable for disinformation campaigns.

You think they would have caught the hint after GDPR meant they lost 9 out of every 10 "people" on their contacts list.
    There would have to be an editor reviewing all posts. ProFootballTalk forums do that already, where your post gets reviewed, before it appears. Some fucked up shit still makes it through, but there is a while between your post and it appearing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lmao it why the fuck has this got anything to do with russia. Once again its coming from inside the house.

This is guliani and bannon ratfucking. Americans. and then look who amplifies it, the post. American. Fox news. American. Trump. American.

its your own god damn house, stop pointing at the foreigner.
    The fake information they got, is from a Russian. The emails were literally tagged all over the place with Russian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    "By falsely claiming the records were hacked, rather than the legal property of the repair shop following payment default by Hunter Biden, Twitter is itself deliberately spreading false information to justify its illegal election interference."

Ministry of truth in full panic mode again
    https://twitter.com/TVHilton/status/...664641/photo/1
    Your source is a retard from the Federalist, hardly a good source to use. Also, the laptop isn't Hunter Biden's. They have no information on who owns the laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Edge you are the worst moderator in the history of forums.

Democrats are mad because we finally found a caesar who is immune to knives.
    First of all, he isn't a mod of this forum, and secondly, there is nothing true in this story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The fake information they got, is from a Russian. The emails were literally tagged all over the place with Russian.
    No, the emails were from the Trump supporter, that supposedly show that Biden was meeting with Russians. Joe Biden already released that he has his schedule from the time, without any such meeting. He was a VP... he can’t disappear for a secret meeting...

Edit: The only evidence I have seen of Russian involvement, as I already said, is Shackler posting in the thread. There is nothing else... as funny as it is to imply, he isn’t some agent...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-15 at 10:16 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

It's censorship.
    Members of congress agree

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/14...uption-report/
    Ted Cruz
    Josh Hawley
    Ken Buck
    Gym Jordan
    Kelly Loeffler
    Rick Scott
    Marsha Blackburn
    Matt Gaettz
    Steve Scalise
    Mike Lee
    and the source is the shitty Federalist?

Birds of a feather flock together. Sharing fake information isn't going to help you win the election this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Its funny that we see "liberals" shill for big tech censorship
    Sharing fake information, this close to an election, FINALLY HAS SOME FUCKING CONSEQEUNCES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Win-win for everyone. Twitter format likely dying if it loses 230 protection is also great.
    It's not "the Twitter format". It's literally all social media. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, comment sections, all systems that allow members of the public to provide reviews/ratings, all forums of any format whatsoever. Literally any kind of service that allows anyone but the service provider to express their views publicly in any way whatsoever.

I won't say "it would kill the Internet", because that's ridiculously USA-centric. It would essentially cut the USA off from the rest of the global Internet, however, in much the same way that China's Great Firewall does, and for pretty similar reasons.

So it's not really surprising, I guess, that it's the authoritarian proto-fascists pushing for this idea. Free expression is anathema to their cause.

What a pathetic, desperate nothing burger of an October surprise.

They are so fucking scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Win-win for everyone. Twitter format likely dying if it loses 230 protection is also great.
    The IRA will be out of a job, too.

That's not corruption. That's networking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    What a pathetic, desperate nothing burger of an October surprise.

They are so fucking scared.
    If it wasn’t for this... we wouldn’t have a Putin supporter celebrating that this has nothing to do with Russia. I think that’s a pretty fun side effect...

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I'm sure a hard drive full of goodies from a Macbook Hunter Biden supposedly left at a random PC repair shop in Delaware just magically found it's way into Rudy Giuliani's possession 30 days before the general election.

This country truly is a dump if people end up believing that horse shit and shame on the media for amplifying it.
    There is metadata evidence that the Emails themselves were CREATED, long after the laptop was supposedly dropped off in the possession of the so called Trump-supporting computer repairman.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/hunter-biden-...f-repair-52517

The computer repairman, is apparently a Trump supporter that admitted to people that tracked him down, that he was upset about the "impeachment scam".

And apparently the Metadata shows that the PDF of the email data, shows that the emails were created in September and October of 2019. Even though the claim is, from the Trump supporting Repairman, that the laptop was dropped off in April of 2019. So either the repairman made the fake emails, or Bannon or Guiliani and their teams did it.
    https://twitter.com/kpoulsen/status/1316487245705043968

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The best part is of how critical everyone was about Russian-Trump Conspiracies and their validity.
    Except, thanks to the Republican led Senate Intel Committee, we found out that they were true. This has Guiliani and Bannon's fat sausage fingers all over it, with a Trump supporting computer repairman with fake emails on it. Emails that were created after the laptop was supposedly dropped off at the repairshop.

Who knew the cyber could be so complicated.

This bullshit propaganda is completely falling apart, thankfully. Anyone claiming this makes them vote for Trump was going to vote Trump anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    This bullshit propaganda is completely falling apart, thankfully. Anyone claiming this makes them vote for Trump was going to vote Trump anyways.
    He is threatening freedom of speech on the internet... it might have the opposite effect of his intent.

Bannon might be the only person in the country I'd trust the word of less than Trump. If he endorsed this "proof", it's definitely bullshit.

Before these people, I genuinely only thought people lied when they had something to gain. Chronic lying had never even occurred to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Bannon might be the only person in the country I'd trust the word of less than Trump. If he endorsed this "proof", it's definitely bullshit.

Before these people, I genuinely only thought people lied when they had something to gain. Chronic lying had never even occurred to me.
    Pathological lying, it's a mental illness. It's also a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder. I don't think most of them have the latter, but Trump certainly does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's worse than "banned". Repeal 230, and you'll have to be approved to post anything, most likely on a post-by-post basis until/unless the site decides to trust you (and thus, take on liability, so not likely at all). If you post anything the site deems even marginally, potentially, problematic, your post won't be approved. They won't take on that liability. Section 230 is what currently protects them from that. Literally the point.

They won't be "banned", because they'll never be permitted to post in the first place.

You posted something someone might possibly have construed as implicitly racist, like, ever in your life? You're never going to be permitted to post anything in a post-230 social media world.
    #Repeal230 is, once again, the right wing shooting themselves in the foot.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    #Repeal230 is, once again, the right wing shooting themselves in the foot.
    Still concerning given that they're trying to put their foot on top of our necks.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox News and Post... smoking gun! Got ‘em!!!

Entertainment weekly and Vanity fair... is Hunter Biden hot?

Free media is the best media...

I find it hilarious that the same party that has been screaming about "Fake news" nonstop for 4 years is suddenly outraged by Facebook and Twitter blocking fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I find it hilarious that the same party that has been screaming about "Fake news" nonstop for 4 years is suddenly outraged by Facebook and Twitter blocking fake news.
    I find it hilarious that you don't understand the difference between a platform and a publisher.
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.