Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't understand how this is more perfect than all of the other perfect times that housing has been proposed. I wouldn't mind them reworking garrisons to have them be a lot more like a building game and a recognized true cross-expansion hub for characters, alts and followers, but other than that housing doesn't seem to be on the menu.
    It's maybe the worst time to do it since we will be in the afterlife all expansion. Why would our characters need a house?

No.

Not needed.

Never going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooooo. Please stop the player housing shit.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    why the hell you want to play by yourself in your shitty little house in an MMO?? or you want to make 2pm tea parties? player housing is the most stupid idea evet.
    Yeah, so it is better to have the devs try to invent some more borrowed power with each expansion, making things more complicated just to switch to another complicated system with the following expac, right?

Housing will add a much needed sandbox feature to this game, which is still an mmoRPG mind you.

And your reply adds no value to the discussion at all, so yeah thanks for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has long wanted Player Housing in WoW (and plays FFXIV in large part due to housing), I'm not sure why the end of Shadowlands would be any better to introduce it than any other time would have been. There's a lot of good ways to do it in-game and I suspect it would become a bigger draw during the low content points of WoW than things like transmog & pet battles currently are. It would provide a great new assortment of collectible items and I really feel like it could give WoW a massive shot in the arm. I mean, just look how excited people are about the new character customizations and how cool they can make their character look. Players have a desire for character customization and housing done right is customization on fire.

That being said, I just don't see it happening with this current dev team. They seem far more interested these days in setting up systems that can be easily thrown out at the end of an expansion (Artifacts, Islands, etc) and belittling/removing old systems (Archaeology & First Aid, for instance) than they are in building a system that can be passed from expansion to expansion. Even the things that have gone on with each expansion (M+ & Mission Tables) seem to get reset and partially redone each expansion, seemingly IMO showing a fear of commitment to these features from Blizz.

This is something like WoD, I don't think we will be returning to Shadowlands lore-wise after the expansion

To me it sounds like the worst place to implement housing

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It never is the perfect time because at the end it is wasted dev resources that can be spend on pretty much anythin else and would have more value.
    More value than a sandbox feature? Like what? Broken borrowed power systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The Shadowlands does make sense for infinite scalable player housing. I just don't see the devs doing it. I'm not sure what their dislike of player housing is, but they would make a much bigger deal out of it if it were planned to happen.
    My two guesses, tech and playability. WoW never allowed players place anything or move anything. Housing will require that. Sure it could be added but we have not idea how difficult it would be. Adding features to existing tech is not always easy.

Second is playability. I have not played any games that does player housing except Fo4 and I really hate that system. Maybe others who have more experience of this from other games knows what the alternatives are and how they are done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons were a disaster, but if you want them you can still go back to them.

Keep the World in World of Warcraft, stop looking to tie people into “a place with systems and mini-games”. That isn’t WoW.

I don't get all the people who are angrily yelling about people hiding away in their houses. IF player housing was implemented why would it have a ton of stuff to keep you there? It would just be a place to customize and show off. Transmog + Trophy room basically. The only functionality outside of that I'd see Blizz adding is maybe a bank/void storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amenophis View Post
    More value than a sandbox feature? Like what? Broken borrowed power systems?

Anything is better, really.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Why do people want achievements? Why do people do xmog? Why do people play WoW pokemon? None of those things are core to the game, yet many players enjoy those things.

Garrisons are a pale shadow of player housing. It's about the same as saying why go to a steak house when McDonalds is just down the road.

That said, I don't think Blizz will do actual player housing. They haven't put real effort into an expansion in a very, very long time. Fewer dungeons, fewer raids, and there hasn't been anything remotely resembling real innovation for many expansions now.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    As much as I love housing in games, blizz has no idea how tf to do it so I rather them not even try again after that garbage that was Garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Player housing was pretty popular in other MMOs like EQ2 and Rift, given WoWs largely casual base and hardcore player's dislike of it, it'd likely be fairly popular

Quote Originally Posted by Vandosq View Post
    Why are people so anti playerhousing? You wouldnt HAVE to do it.
    i know why, if ppl get it they want a good version of it and they dont believe blizzard can deliver that final fantasy and eso did it right but wow gave us garrisons...

it will be good if done properly but blizz cant do that

Nooooo. God no. Please no. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    None of the examples you used are even accurate to compare against player housing, as those are actual avenues of gameplay and involve actually playing the game in several different manners. That's like saying why do people want to play at Chuck E Cheese if they wouldn't want to sit in a cardboard box that I bedazzled myself for an hour to just sit and do nothing.

Again I ask what is even the point of player housing? So you can have someplace you feel special when you park your toon afk?
    Have you ever played a game with actual player housing? It lets people be creative and create stuff, farm for X from Y, can have unique mechanics like minigames, and it also gives some players something to do when there is a content lull.

Have you noticed how many battle pets from raids drop in price once the market is flooded with them? Housing items gives players another avenue of making money except unlike pets where each person can only use three some dude might want thousands of a rock that drops off of Garrosh to make a statue of megatron.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Have you ever played a game with actual player housing? It lets people be creative and create stuff, farm for X from Y, can have unique mechanics like minigames, and it also gives some players something to do when there is a content lull.

Have you noticed how many battle pets from raids drop in price once the market is flooded with them? Housing items gives players another avenue of making money except unlike pets where each person can only use three some dude might want thousands of a rock that drops off of Garrosh to make a statue of megatron.
    so garrisons?

I just want SWtOR style housing. Give me a space to decorate and show off trophies. Add some armor and weapon racks to display xmogs. It doesnt need a farm or minigames or any of that.

Furniture and display stuff can be added to professions and as boss drops the same way pets are now. 90% of the stuff could be models that already exist in game. Over the last 16 years blizz has made a crap ton of table/chairs/lamps/etc... Blizz has already done half of the work, the content is there it just needs the system to hook it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an idea: Mythic only furniture drops. Another thing for the hardcores to sell so they stop bitching about "wasted resources". More tokens sold for Blizz. Housing for the rest of us. Everyone wins.