Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My mother paid for it. 14 years ago. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I bet you still ask for permission!
    Nah. Being a newlywed means you make mistakes like "asking for permission". After 15+ years of marriage you learn the art of "asking for forgiveness".

Convinced my mother a WoW subscription wasn't that expensive when, god-mode 14-year old me, told her that "Mum. It's 12 euroes a month. There's 30 days in a month. That's less than a bottle of water per day (0.5 euroes). Would you say no if I told you every day "Mum, give me half a euro for a bottle of water?" No, you wouldn't. So there's no reason not to pay for this subscription since it is, for all intents and purposes, me asking for a bottle of water every day".

Worked until I graduated Uni. After that, I had to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Most of us started WoW at a very young age, and we didn't have our own credit cards. How did you pay for WoW when you were young? I basically had a friend pay for me, because he owed me monies. What about you?
    subbed with my bank card because I wasn't that fricken young when this game came out. Damn I'm old...

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Nah. Being a newlywed means you make mistakes like "asking for permission". After 15+ years of marriage you learn the art of "asking for forgiveness".
    Hehe, well done then sir!

Used my dad's account. he started back when I was like... 10? I'm 25 now and still going, where as he quit during Cata. Sad that he quit, would have loved to keep playing with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parents most likey..£10 a month to keep your teenager quiet ... money well spent :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a Visa Electron, not usable online. Bought camecards until 2008 / Wrath, at which point I turned 18 and got a normal Visa.
    Hi

My parents paid for it.
    Back then there was an option to pay it with your internet bill. Probably still possible.

Parents paid for it as unlike my brothers I didn't have any extracurricular activities (Football and Judo respectively) so my parents bought me a Gametime card every 2 months (Credit Card is a big nono here)

At the time I felt it was a big ask, turned out I was the cheap one all along

Started when i was 11, my uncle got me into it, he paid my WoW subscription up untill legion lol, then I thought it was about time i paid for it!

So i think he paid for about 11 years lol
    Last edited by Packmule; 2020-10-16 at 09:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was like 15 when wow started and had a job at the supermarket.
    Payed it with my own money
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Back in the days we had the method to pay via Telekom (Germany).. thats how i paid my gametime. My dad was always pissed when there was +65€ extra on the phone bill lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying game cards in the store.

Eventually they added an option to buy gametime directly from your account via bank transfer ('06?). Later on expanded with a direct debit option to have a continuous sub going without requiring a credit card. That was for the Netherlands tho, probably different in other countries.

Those now 40 year olds aren't on MMOC, are they? Reading comprehension is great!
    If you read any of the comments here you would see that you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was an RTS Warcraft fan. For some reason I had no idea about Vanilla being a thing, until a friend showed me.

Pure shock and awe...I still remember it as if it was yesterday. The thought alone that I would be able to explore my favorite fantasy world in such a way, was something mind-blowing to my teen self.

Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even have my own acc until BC, I used my brothers while he played FF11 then inherited it when I asked if I bought the new xpac if I could just keep the acc since I had a bunch of progress already. After both my brothers quit by cata I had to pay my own sub, not that I couldn't, their card was just usually on their by default and didn't rly think about it. I would have never started if they didn't let me play, I was more into D2 at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 22 when i started playing, already had a job.

Not gonna lie, my mother paid for it until I was like 20. I was always playing and when I started working we just forgot it was on her credit card because I had already played for 8 years at that point. Wasn't a big deal, I just started paying myself when she renewed hers.

Those now 40 year olds aren't on MMOC, are they? Reading comprehension is great!
    Why so snarky to him, yes we are here and have been here for 10+ years

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there are. But I said "most of us."
    Please share your demographic data

If you think about it, a responsible 16 year old should have at least a part time job to earn money and buy cards at gamestop. I had a CC at 15 actually to start building credit (yes co-signed). So those people don't have to be 40, only 31 or so. So I am not so sure that this foam is majority people who were 14 or younger. But hey could be wrong.
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2020-10-16 at 10:00 AM.
    "Peace is a lie"