Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    WoW always was and still is ,for the most part, an amalgam of systems taken from sucessful competitors.

As long there's no successful competitor with player-housing systems WoW won't have one.
    And looking at the MMO market the chances of that happening are very very low.
    uh one of WoW's biggest competitors has a good system FF14, ESO and SWTOR also have housing systems. It's beyond time for WoW to have a real housing system.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Player housing sounds so much like a mega casual thing if u ask me.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I would like it personally, 'it would be waste of resources': incorrect you do not manage the dev team so shush.

Will it happen? No in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    there is absolutely no need for this, garrison were awful and i personally don't want another iteration of that
    Problem was Garrisons weren't player housing. With Garrisons Blizz's system team did what they always do: Take a great idea and turn it into a flagship non-optional expansion system, seriously overengineer and strap a whole bunch of borrowed power to it.

What people wanted as an instanced dollhouse. What they got was an overhyped quest hub that killed the open world.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    uh one of WoW's biggest competitors has a good system FF14, ESO and SWTOR also have housing systems. It's beyond time for WoW to have a real housing system.
    So? Wow has managed to survive 15 years without housing. It absolutely DOES NOT need housing. AT ALL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    That said, I don't think Blizz will do actual player housing. They haven't put real effort into an expansion in a very, very long time. Fewer dungeons, fewer raids, and there hasn't been anything remotely resembling real innovation for many expansions now.
    This has been debunked many times over. You not liking what they put out does not = they aren't putting any effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So? Wow has managed to survive 15 years without housing. It absolutely DOES NOT need housing. AT ALL.

- - - Updated - - -

This has been debunked many times over. You not liking what they put out does not = they aren't putting any effort into it.
    and wow went years with out LFR / Match making in general / pet battles but we have them and more... housing should have happened years ago.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    He asked if anyone else thinks it's a perfect time, it wasn't a statement, which means he wants it open for interpretation.

P.S. you're not clever, just cringe.
    Is now the time, when the expansion's been delayed and the playerbase is restless and the devs are supposed to be fine tuning balance, the time to add a new resource intensive system that will require much more time, resources and balance??

No. Frankly it's a stupid question given the circumstances.

The topic is cringe for pushing the housing agenda when players just want to get on with the new expansion. Not delay it another 6 months to shoehorn in another retarded housing system that doesn't fit the theme of the expansion in the first place.
    Last edited by bryroo; 2020-10-16 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    and wow went years with out LFR / Match making in general / pet battles but we have them and more... housing should have happened years ago.
    WoW has been massively successful. It is jsut fine without housing and it never needed to happen. THey need to be investing in open world content, not a SIms mini game. Go play Sims if you want to play house.

WoW has been massively successful. It is jsut fine without housing and it never needed to happen. THey need to be investing in open world content, not a SIms mini game. Go play Sims if you want to play house.
    Sims is a game of managing multiple characters while attempting to accomplish various goals with them. Housing is about creatively decorating a space and inviting friends or neighbors to join you. I don't really think they're comparable.

I don't think WoW needs housing, nor do I think they'll do it. It also doesn't need more open world content. All high-end gameplay focuses on instanced areas (BGs, arenas, dungeons, and raids). Any added open-world content tends to work better long-term in instances (Wintergrasp, Ashran). Nazjatar was fun for conquest farming, but it was far from balanced (I think Horde won 5% of the Nazjatar battles that I participated in).

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Sims is a game of managing multiple characters while attempting to accomplish various goals with them. Housing is about creatively decorating a space and inviting friends or neighbors to join you. I don't really think they're comparable.
    Except a big part of Sims is creatively decorating a space.You are able to buy all kinds of thiings to decorate your house with.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get why people are so adamant against housing

Other MMOs have done it and people still afk in the main cities all the time. It's just a side activity. And i'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost as much development time as fucking pet dungeons
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I really don't get why people are so adamant against housing
    The thread is literally filled with reasons why players don't want housing.
    Last edited by bryroo; 2020-10-16 at 03:26 AM.

Open world content is pointless, if you want that go play Botw. See, we can respond in kind. Keep your shitty ass opinions to yourself. It may be a shocker but not everything created in WOW is catered directly for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Housing has failed. No one important wants them.
    you get to decide who is important now? cause to me, im pretty important, and i want player housing. to me, youre pretty unimportant, so i dont really care what you want.

sounds pretty silly, doesnt it? even though thats essentially your logic.

also, blizzard has NEVER done player housing. not even a slight iteration of it. to say they have just goes to show how willfully ignorant you are. housing also has nothing to do with any sort of economies, other than maybe housing items themselves if they were sold to/by players or even merchants, which still would not magically inflate gold. selfie camera had literally nothing to do with housing either.

I'm imagining killing a Mythic dungeon boss or a raid boss and instead of receiving some gear or collectable, I get a chair or some rug. That would make me not want to do that content.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    The thread is literally filled with reasons why players don't want housing.
    And I don't get those same reasons

-Cuts developer time: Everything does... The new customizations, Pet battles, Cosmetic transmog, story quests... You may consider one more important than others, but there will always be content someone doesn't care about

-People will spend time in their house and not in the capital: Doubt it. Unless they fuck it up, houses are just something on the side. People will still go to the capital to trade, socialize or just to be a dick and mount on top of a mailbox

-Costs a raid tier: That's something people throw around due to WoD, blaming it on Garrisons. WoD was full of cut content and it was abandoned in favor of developing Legion. That's Blizzard fault for not knowing what to do.

That said, I don't know why the end of Shadowlands is the "perfect" time for housing.
    That's easily something that can be done as a side quest in any x.x.5 patch without depending on whatever story beat we are at that moment
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2020-10-16 at 03:46 AM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'll concede to that point, assuming Blizzard implemented the ''drops'' as you say, that it could create a new form of collecting and a reason to farm old raids anew. The 'collector' in me would secretly love trying to get them all.

I still don't really get the appeal of player housing in general though. You either have to make it completely useless or you have to make it necessary (aka garrisons) and I did not really enjoy the latter, don't care too much about the former.
    That's one of the reasons I say Garrisons weren't player housing. About the only similarity was that the decisions made about the garrison were bound to a single character, they occupied a place in the world, and players could make a few choices about what's included in them. But player housing shouldn't be ingrained in every system. That's why I think of it more akin to the farm: every player has access, but they can choose whether they want to engage in it or not. Were Blizzard to implement player housing, it should be entirely optional.

Everyone asking for player housing, do yall realise your classes don't even have all the specs functioning properly.

It would be cool if the player housing had some kind of dungeon component, like lost catacombs under the land you purchase that get larger as you develop the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm imagining killing a Mythic dungeon boss or a raid boss and instead of receiving some gear or collectable, I get a chair or some rug. That would make me not want to do that content.
    If they added it, it would be an extra roll just like pets are...........