Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    That isn't an accurate list unless you are trying to convince me google gets slaughtered by craigslist?
    Well, it's a list compiled by search traffic...I don't think many people need to google "google"

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I am an average voter, and I don't have a low enough IQ to go to 8chan or 4 chan. Hell I don't even go to reddit that often.
    Your not average then though judging someones potential by how they spend their leisure time isn't terribly effected my orginal point was the average voter isn't that informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's not even in the top 100

https://ahrefs.com/blog/most-visited-websites/

More of those average voters go to CNN than 4chan
    It gives me hope that CNN and New York Times are the first 2 news sites on there at 25 and 27. Hell, USA Today, The Guardian, Yahoo, and MSN are all above Fox News at 53.

- - - Updated - - -

Your not average then though judging someones potential by how they spend their leisure time isn't terribly effected my orginal point was the average voter isn't that informed.
    Why? Because I don't believe in conspiracy theories and pedophilia like 4chan users do?

got a source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...246492520.html

UH OH IT LOOKS LIKE NBC ALLOWED SOME PRO-TRUMP PEOPLE INTO THE "UNDECIDED" TOWN HALL!

I'm sure the conservative media who were losing their minds that NBC didn't weed out people who may lean towards Biden from their previous town hall will be equally as furious that they again failed to weed out potential, or actual, supporters for the candidate.
    Mentioned this person in the thread when we were talking about the townhall. It was actually really disconcerting. Because she just kept nodding at all the bollocks he was talking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    NBC is now the Mitt Romney(or any other person that goes groveling to Trump for attention) of Broadcast.
    Can you clarify what you mean by this? Last I saw, Mitt Romney was condemning Trump's rhetoric as 'hate filled'.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by this? Last I saw, Mitt Romney was condemning Trump's rhetoric as 'hate filled'.
    Honestly, Savannah Guthrie did a great job moderating him. The annoying thing was that stupid Trump supporter perpetually nodding at his bullshit in the background. Also some of the Trump supporter questions were quite softball, which is expected. He still flubbed them anyway.

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/statu...60934041104384

YouTube views for BOTH Town Halls:

trump on NBC: 153,660 viewers watched
    Biden on ABC: 507,445 viewers watched

BIDEN WINS.

(I didn't fact check)

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    The stream for Trump's townhall on the YouTube channel for NBC has/had 1.7m views. Biden's on the YouTube channel for ABC has 2.7m.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And Ghostpanther was never seen again.

Trump was his typical train wreck of nonsense "answers" and BS.
    I was just reading a story, that all 3 different NBC channels, MSNBC, CNBC, and your Local NBC affiliates all had Trump's bullshit townhall on, and only got 13 million viewers by the Nielson ratings. Meanwhile, Biden was only on ABC and no other channels, had 13.9 million viewers.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/media...ump/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And Ghostpanther was never seen again.

Trump was his typical train wreck of nonsense "answers" and BS.
    he'll come back when he finds that one off poll that kinda sorta maybe says something positive for trump then scurry away never answering a single question.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Not that it matters for the election but - https://deadline.com/2020/10/joe-bid...es-1234598754/

Up from the fast affiliates of earlier this morning, the latest numbers have ABC News’ The Vice-President and the People getting 14.1 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

That beats the 13 million that Trump got on NBC, MSNBC and CNBC put together for his own much-hyped and lambasted town hall. Yes, over three Comcast-owned channels, the incumbent still lost to the poll topping Biden, who was just on one channel.
    Biden beat Trump on viewership even when you combine all the NBC channels. That's unexpected as hell and has to be a thorn in Trump's side. I'm amused by it, but that's about the extent of its significance. Maybe the Trump freak show is has gotten tiresome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that it matters for the election but - https://deadline.com/2020/10/joe-bid...es-1234598754/

Biden beat Trump on viewership even when you combine all the NBC channels. That's unexpected as hell and has to be a thorn in Trump's side. I'm amused by it, but that's about the extent of its significance. Maybe the Trump freak show is has gotten tiresome.
    I don't know if Nielsen ever got around to updating the way they do ratings (it was an issue a few years ago but I don't keep up on Nielson news) in terms of how people consume content today.

How are people who watched both counter? How many watched Trump’s then turned to Biden's, adding to Biden's total. How many people watched via Twitter or a streaming service making the margin a lot closer or wider. Does statistical analysis account for people who watched clips so Trump wouldn't get ratings?

I hoped Trump got beat in but I surprised/skeptical people resisted trash TV (Trump's) and actually tuned into an actual (Biden) town hall.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't know if Nielsen ever got around to updating the way they do ratings (it was an issue a few years ago but I don't keep up on Nielson news) in terms of how people consume content today.

How are people who watched both counter? How many watched Trump’s then turned to Biden's, adding to Biden's total. How many people watched via Twitter or a streaming service making the margin a lot closer or wider. Does statistical analysis account for people who watched clips so Trump wouldn't get ratings?

I hoped Trump got beat in but I surprised/skeptical people resisted trash TV (Trump's) and actually tuned into an actual (Biden) town hall.
    Trash TV doesn’t maintain rating for 4 years... Other than Married With Children, what trash TV made it past 4 seasons on a major network? Family Guy?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    he'll come back when he finds that one off poll that kinda sorta maybe says something positive for trump then scurry away never answering a single question.
    He normally comes back with a lot of pearl clutching. 'DID YOU SEE BIDEN SAID SOMETHING HARMLESSLY WEIRD TODAY?'

Ratings matter to them, but they don't mean a fucking thing to the electorate. Who these debates/town halls are ostensibly for, so the "Who got higher ratings!?" game is pretty fucking dumb. Especially since the Republican Convention saw lower ratings than the Democratic Convention, so it's not like I'm saying that because Trump is "winning" in the ratings.

What matters is the content, nothing more. This isn't about ratings for NBC, they're programming it AGAINST the ABC town hall, which means they're going to be competing for eyeballs. The only one that reportedly cares about ratings is Trump, which isn't surprising, and he thinks competing with a Biden town hall will somehow get him higher ratings.

Why the electorate would give a shit about ratings is beyond me, it has no value in informing our decision on who to vote for nor does it help us understand either candidate in any way.
    as an exercise of democracy for the proletariat its pointless, trump supporters will watch trump, bidden supporters will watch bidden. nothing of value will be gained by either side except to indulge in the similar circle jerks we do online except via the TV rather than the monitor. having them at sperate times means there's at least a decent chance of catching the odd undecided voter, or flipping some centrist's either way.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't an accurate list unless you are trying to convince me google gets slaughtered by craigslist?
    Who goes to google.com? Both chrome and firefox search from the address bar.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Well, let's look at this logically:

1) Almost every poll has Biden leading in the popular vote. Why should his town hall not be more popular? Especially when it boils down to an effective either-or.

2) If we assume one to be true, you, to continue to uphold your thesis that Trump should still draw more viewership than Biden, must assume people, in large numbers, like to "hate watch" Trump. Now, point sample of one, but I dislike Trump immensely, and I go out of my way to not listen to a word that leaves that man's mouth as best I can, which very much includes not listening to him belching out his inane ramblings for 45 minutes. Why would anyone that dislikes Trump watch his town hall? Morbid curiosity only does so much, and I don't think it ends up doing a lot. And, by all metrics we have... yeah, it didn't end up helping him.

I proffer you a different, non-TV metaphor that's perhaps more apt. Take the movie Cats. It sounded like a terrible idea. The first looks we saw of it made it look like a terrible idea. When it came out, it was excoriated by critics for being a terrible idea; a shockingly bad, confoundingly terrible idea. A "failure so spectacular and immense it had to be seen to even be believed" bad idea. It was a trash movie.

But you know what? It utterly tanked at the box office, because no one was going to spend their time watching that piece of trash when their were other films to watch and other things to do.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Factcheck.org got a hold of Trump's town hall and, oh jeez, just read this.

In an Oct. 15 town hall on NBC News, President Donald Trump made false and misleading claims on the coronavirus, the economy and more:

• Trump was wrong when he said a recent study found “85% of the people who wear masks catch” the coronavirus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says this interpretation of its study is “incorrect.”
    • The president baselessly claimed the U.S. is “rounding the corner” on the coronavirus pandemic. But cases are rising across much of the country.
    • The president warned of mail-in ballot fraud, but the examples he offered were cases of mistakes, not intentional fraud.
    • Trump falsely suggested restrictions his administration placed on the deferred deportation program for so-called Dreamers were due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    • Trump again claimed Biden would raise taxes on “everybody” when two recent estimates figure 80% would see higher after-tax incomes — in effect a tax cut.
    • Trump repeatedly exaggerated his economic record, at one point inflating peak employment during his term by 7.5 million jobs.
    • The president declined to disavow the conspiracy theory QAnon, saying he knows “very little” about it. We can’t say what he knows, but he has repeatedly shared Twitter posts from accounts that espouse its conspiracy theories.
    • In speaking about the coronavirus pandemic, Trump inaccurately boasted that the U.S. is “a winner” on excess mortality. It’s not.
    • He said: “We’ve also brought down the price of Obamacare.” Premiums on average have gone down in the past two years, but that was after a double-digit hike the year before.
    • Trump argued his administration “saved 2 million people” during the COVID-19 pandemic. But that’s based on an estimate for deaths that assumes zero mitigation measures and individual behavior changes.
    • The president falsely claimed Michigan was in the midst of a lockdown. The vast majority of the state’s businesses are open, as are churches and many schools.
    • Trump, again, falsely said he was the “only one” who wanted to put travel restrictions on China to address COVID-19.
    • Trump falsely claimed that the Obama administration had spied on his campaign. A federal investigation found no evidence of illegal spying.
    Of course they reference and cite sources, but at this point Trump is mostly just repeating the same lie over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Factcheck.org got a hold of Trump's town hall and, oh jeez, just read this.

Of course they reference and cite sources, but at this point Trump is mostly just repeating the same lie over and over.
    I mean a lot of those are cherry picking wording more then attacking the spirit of what he is saying. Honestly I expect this to go down the same way hilary did with less of the popular vote being secured by biden.

I could be wrong but it doesn't feel like anyone wants biden they just hate trump and that leads to more apathy then inspiration. I could well be wrong but it's my read of the room so to speak.