Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    It starts off not too bad but the end fight has a crazy high dps and heal check, on top of a ton of aoe dodging. Though that was only from my first impressions.
    I got lucky and found a group that managed to complete it.

Overall, I'm impressed. The last two fights are definitely very hectic. I'd tentatively say the mechanics are on par with an extreme trial. Lots of thinking ahead and memorisation of patterns with only a few moments to figure out where the safe spots are.

I'm thankful it's not too punishing in terms of dying - we had a fair amount of deaths, though everybody was revive and we managed to win.

I hope we see more content like it in the future. Further refined.

Can someone direct me to a link with all the new weapons and how they look?
    When I google it, I always get the ~480ilvl step.

The new grind zone doesn't appeal to me at all, just from reading the patch notes - I fucking hate the way they implemented it.
    Sounds horribly grindy and tedious
    So I want to know if it's worth for the xmogs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Can someone direct me to a link with all the new weapons and how they look?
    When I google it, I always get the ~480ilvl step.

The new grind zone doesn't appeal to me at all, just from reading the patch notes - I fucking hate the way they implemented it.
    Sounds horribly grindy and tedious
    So I want to know if it's worth for the xmogs.
    Reddit Thread should also note you don't have to do the southern front to get this done. You can do heavensward fates instead for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Reddit Thread should also note you don't have to do the southern front to get this done. You can do heavensward fates instead for the memories.
    Thanks.

Gotta say out of all the glowy shit in FFXIV so far. The Heavensward Dragoon one is the only item I actually liked for melee-dps.
    Paladin and BLM ones are usually pretty good too, due to how the classes and their abilities look in general.

As for the rest, nearly none of them fit the theme of the class.

I'm disappointed with the SAM/DRG ones.

Like... what's a Samurai supposed to do with a blackish yellow broadsword. It doesn't even look like a Katana.
    Since it doesn't change skill animations, it's actually even worse because the animations are rather bright and usually involve cherry-tree-blossom thingies and clear and straight cuts... and not wide cleave effects, which would fit better with a weapon like that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-16 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Feels like your need people in voice chat for this.
    It would definitely help, but we had a group of 32 finish Castrum last night and we jus typed in /yell to communicate. Did a full boss breakdown before pulling and communicated the boss HP% throughout and it was fine.

Was a fun little romp, but I highly doubt I'll be doing it very often, far too many deaths. It's going to take me an hour to earn back all my lost mettle. I really hate the death penalty, it's so stupid.

wonder if I'll have all my memories by the time I cap DRK.

Will probably just go do HW fates if not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It would definitely help, but we had a group of 32 finish Castrum last night and we jus typed in /yell to communicate. Did a full boss breakdown before pulling and communicated the boss HP% throughout and it was fine.

Was a fun little romp, but I highly doubt I'll be doing it very often, far too many deaths. It's going to take me an hour to earn back all my lost mettle. I really hate the death penalty, it's so stupid.
    Yeah putting a dungeon in there and giving -xp is just retarded design.

DEV thinking:
    But, I want you to grind like an obedient little ape, so you will put up with it to get the shinies. Isn't my content awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah putting a dungeon in there and giving -xp is just retarded design.

DEV thinking:
    But, I want you to grind like an obedient little ape, so you will put up with it to get the shinies. Isn't my content awesome?
    The amount of grind for Castrum isn't even that bad. I got 24 Bozjan coins in that one run which is enough for 1-2 pieces of the i495 gear. But the amount of death's that are likely inevitable and the amount of time it will take to regain the lost mettle just isn't worth it IMO when you can grind dungeons instead and get gear that's close or even better.

Bozjan Front is pretty self contained, so the grind to get the Bozjan gear and then upgrade that gear to be more effective in the Bozjan Front is pointless if you don't plan on doing the Bozjan Front. The Relic can be completed completely outside of the Bozjan Front so for most people there's very little incentive except for a few cosmetics or mounts, none of which even remotely require you to have that gear to earn, especially considering you go without the Bozjan gear until at least Rank 10 and are able to complete the Castrum engagement to complete that quest which gives you access.

I thought about going back in to get some more Resistance ranks but after thinking about it a little, I'm wondering why I would go back before more story is unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well resistance rank cannot level down, so you levelcap to 15, enter the castrum and don't give a hoot about your mettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well resistance rank cannot level down, so you levelcap to 15, enter the castrum and don't give a hoot about your mettle.
    Fair point..... I'm still rank 10. Each death costs ~300 mettle and returning without getting a rez is like ~1200 or something. So in a shitty Castrum run you could easily lose 5k+ mettle. That's admittedly not THAT bad, but it still amounts to at least 20-30 minutes required of FATE grinding just to recoup the costs, and you can die in the other critical engagements too. The whole process is not quite so bad as a "2 steps forward, 1 step back" situation but it's a similar song and dance.

With that said, I would be surprised if this doesn't get carried over into the next update and need mettle to increase your rank higher than 15, and would therefore have to recoup all of that lost mettle before ranking above 15 if you hadn't done so before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its taken me forever but I have finally gotten every single job to level 80! Dear god was it annoying -.-

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Its taken me forever but I have finally gotten every single job to level 80! Dear god was it annoying -.-
    Gratz!

and now you need to level up all of your trust characters to 80

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Nice work! At least it's still a while until the level cap is increased again.

I should really get around to finishing that grind...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz!

Yeah no, I hate the trust system so much. Right now I just need to do 1,020 fates and try to get castrum lacus litore done for Bozja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    With that said, I would be surprised if this doesn't get carried over into the next update and need mettle to increase your rank higher than 15, and would therefore have to recoup all of that lost mettle before ranking above 15 if you hadn't done so before.
    Most likely, but new content always gives way more xp than the older incarnation, so I would not worry.
    Also, if you actively farm Bojza for relic drops etc, you should end up at +-0.

I managed to beat the Castrum for a second time. Sort of tempted to push for the 'Siege Liege' title from fifty clears, though I'm hoping the player interest and engagement will be there for that long...

Still, it's my favourite side content added to the game to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pushing for the Guardian Angel ....

I just realised this thread was created in 2011. It's about to turn 10 yo (next year). Crazy!

On the current going on's, i havent beem to Bozja yet. Been busy with lots of stuff. In particular making some gil. Decided to buy one of the last open Shirogane plots on my server. Now i have to make some more to buy the permit. XD
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-17 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I just realised this thread was created in 2011. It's about to turn 10 yo (next year). Crazy!

On the current going on's, i havent beem to Bozja yet. Been busy with lots of stuff. In particular making some gil. Decided to buy one of the last open Shirogane plots on my server. Now i have to make some more to buy the permit. XD
    How are you making gil? Crafting/auction house stuff? Or just farming content and vendoring loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup already regretting wanting to do 1,020 fates...