Page 1 of 3
LastLast

People that leveled from 1-50 already, what expansion and what was the played?

Some data would be nice, since the data from the beta is different from the live version it seems.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a couple of days early to expect much of a response to this, bud, but hopefully people will keep adding to it as time goes on.

I did 1-50 on a Warrior with a mix of Legion and WoD. I only did WoD to have the garrison unlocked, but otherwise Legion was a pretty fast experience.

Edit: played time is around 9 hours, not at home to doublecheck but its right around that. I could have been more efficient skipping WoD and a few other things, but overall its much better than pre-9.0.

7+ Year Old Account
    Level'd a druid to 50 via Legion. Was pretty fast, faster than I was expecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a Rogue with a friend playing a healer. Did mostly Vanilla dungeons, with some TBC/WotLK/MoP dungeons. Took us about 16 hours played 10-50.

Dungeons are really fast starting out because you melt mobs at low levels (<25) but the scaling is very out of whack as you get higher level. I'd estimate dungeons took 2-3 times longer by level 40, and it was slow as shit from 40-50. I would not recommend leveling entirely through dungeons right now. Even if you get quests for 2/3 of the dungeons you do, it doesn't make up for how bad the mob kill XP is inside dungeons. You're basically getting under 5% of a level from the dungeon aside from the end bonus and whatever quests you complete.

There were also a few buggy dungeons and things that weren't scaled properly, like BRC and Gundrak. That probably cost us ~90 mins just in those 2 dungeons.

Legion toke me 12 hourish to hit 50 with a monk,the order hall exp mission was a nice bonus too

Started in Exile's Reach and followed right on into BfA content. Currently level 39, just about to hit 40.

I've ran a single Island Expedition, with two "targetted" dungeons because quests asked me to run Free Port and Tol'Dagor.

Think I'm on about 12~ hours played, but some of that was AFK.

EDIT:

Level 42.5 with 15:45 /played.

Currently ran one Legion Invasion, one Horde Assault and two dungeons. I've done 6/7 chapters through Tiragarge Sound, along with almost every single "side quest". Also ran the first part of the war campaign, collecting Falstad and Keeshan.

Fully expect to ding level 50 while pretty much never leaving a single zone! Not sure how to feel about that though. On the one hand it's great, since it's so easy, but on the other I feel this would be super weird running say... Wrath, only to hit 50 before you even get into Stormpeaks!
    Last edited by zaxlor; 2020-10-16 at 08:32 PM.

Draenor is the absolute fucking best, leveling and money wise, no other expansion comes even closer

Don't listen to the dungeon guy two posts up, i just ran classic dungeons from 45-50 and it was super fast. Each dungeon took maybe 15mins and it took about 2 or so per lvl.

Just finished leveling a new character with a little bit of Legion to get the Artifact Weap and then BFA, about 10 hours of playtime.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did 1 to 50 as elem dwarf in dun-morough and then winterspring while running dungeons. Felt good. Classic snowy locations are the best. Its so good to level till cap wthput being forced into expansion dungeons. Some of them are good but most of them are tedious af.

I speed run my fury war. Exile reach to bfa 6.5 hour to 1-50

Leveled a Rogue 1-50 through Cata/Vanilla in about 14 hours, not counting afks.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Blood DK, mostly WotLK until 40 then I just did an assortment of quests and dungeons all over the place with friends for the last 10 levels.

The scaling is all over the place, level 10 resto shamans (Mine is now 36) will do more damage than even a fully decked out MM hunter (which also do nuts damage). Some bosses and trash packs (Halls of Lightning for example) can literally require spam healing from the healer depending on the level, where-as in other cases I could pretty much just non-stop chain pull. The level of the tank and healer seems to have a great impact on difficulty.

It's a fun process, but it's a bit weird that I genuinely felt like I was constantly getting weaker the more I went along. For the early levels, my resto sham could riptide and top someone from even 30% hp, my resto druid on the other hand had to spend a lot of time actually healing, while also doing less than half the DPS. Nothing at all like max. Arcane mages just solo entire trash packs and there's periods where getting agro can be literally impossible.

Took me about 15 hours altogether for my tank, I do believe that questing is more efficient than dungeons, even with an optimal group. Still think it's really silly that healers do more DPS than DPS until geared up; It pains me to see healers AFK in dungeons when there's nothing to heal.

I also recognize that this isn't exactly all new information, but the balance definitely feels more over the place than before
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-10-17 at 04:24 PM.

Are the Legion invasions still giving insane amounts of XP?

Rogue(In BC) took about 7 hours
    Warlock(In Lich) took nine hours
    Paladin(In dungeons starting with BC now Doing Lich cause I want a new list) Currently lv 40 at 5 hours

9 hours/played 1-50 is amaze. I am not a fast leveler by any means, yet my characters would always have at least 1 day/played 1-120... Usually closer to 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Draenor is the absolute fucking best, leveling and money wise, no other expansion comes even closer
    I expect it to be nerfed momentarily for that reason.

I did Legion and It took maybe 9 - 10 hours and this is including the dungeon once I got the quest from the end zone. The artifact questlines give good EXP and I thought with the lack of abilities it might be tough but everything melted from my ret pala
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I did Legion and It took maybe 9 - 10 hours and this is including the dungeon once I got the quest from the end zone. The artifact questlines give good EXP and I thought with the lack of abilities it might be tough but everything melted from my ret pala
    Out of interest how many zones did you need to complete?

I went from 1 to 50 on a hunter in slightly under 11 hours. My route: Exile's Reach -> WoD (Shadowmoon Valley + Gorgrond) -> Legion (two invasions, most of Val'sharah, some class hall quests, Suramar introduction).

I used the Azeroth Auto Pilot "speed run" route for WoD, and I would have been faster had I stayed in WoD instead of going into Legion. I really enjoyed the Legion quest lines, and WoD was getting a bit annoying since AAP still had the old "treasure heavy" routes, which got nerfed recently (sone chests didn't give any XP at all).