Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would take billions of dollars and I highly doubt Mike has that much laying around. It would take someone like Microsoft to even dream of somehow buying the Blizzard portion of Activision Blizz and I also don't think it is that simple since they are so ingrained in eachother now.

Would I love to see Blizzard get away from Activision? Absolutely but it's just not realistic unless they went bankrupt or something and just started selling off assets of the company.

If at some point WoW begins to underperform on a regular basis possibly, it is the only Blizzard game that really makes them money everything else they would cut loose if they underperform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in 20 years.

MAYBE.

Like if the stars align and everything goes without a hitch for Dreamhaven and they get monstrous profits and also want to buy Blizzard.

But I highly doubt it, and definitely not any time soon.
    Putin khuliyo

A brand new company buying out the MMO giant with activision, the holder of several AAA games? Not a chance. They would need to pull some seriously good games out of their ass to achieve that, i think their goal is just to go back to why they got into the industry in the first place of made by gamers for gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Maybe they can buy the Warcraft license once this shit is over.
    Warcraft has lost its charm and momentum despite its numbers. It might be better to make a visually more updated wow2 and call it Fightcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Why would they? Blizzard's reputation has long been dragged through the dirt with corporate greed riding atop its once good name.

He's better off starting anew with the fact he has a number of the old crew on board.
    Well said. Why buy a rotting corpse when you have the chance to bring life anew?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Why buy the name and waste the money when they already have a majority of the talent? The name is worthless at this point anyways.
    What are you basing them having the majority of the talent on?

Curious to what the goodwill would be concerning the sale of “Blizzard. Would be interesting seeing that number.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Warcraft has lost its charm and momentum despite its numbers. It might be better to make a visually more updated wow2 and call it Fightcraft.
    True, true. I'm just still really emotionally invested in the old stories and the old "Warcraft feel" because that's what I grew up with. Probably won't happen anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    He cant afford blizzard and he shouldve not sold the company in the first place.
    Don't be sure. It might have lost a lot of value. Just look at the sales history of Myspace.

True, true. I'm just still really emotionally invested in the old stories and the old "Warcraft feel" because that's what I grew up with. Probably won't happen anyway though.
    Emotional attachment to a franchise is overall doomed to disappoint, because they always evolve into something else. I prefer to remember specific games/movies/books. You can destroy a franchise, but you can't butcher a piece of art. Well, a digital one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Emotional attachment to a franchise is overall doomed to disappoint, because they always evolve into something else. I prefer to remember specific games/movies/books. You can destroy a franchise, but you can't butcher a piece of art. Well, a digital one anyway.
    I mean, they tried to butcher Warcraft 3.

I played from vanilla to 1 month into wod and still don't know any of the lore or characters lol.

its cute how people think activision changed blizzard,activision are a bunch of guys in suits that have ZERO impact on actual game development

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    However, I would question Dreamhaven's leadership if they didn't go public and grab that cash in today's environment. They might never have a more favorable market for video game stock.
    I would question Dreamhaven's leadership if they did go public. They specifically stated that they wanted to take the focus off the short term. Going public makes you automatically beholden to your shareholders, and your duty as a company is to look after the shareholder's interests both in the short term and the long term. It also leaves you open to being bought out.

Their best option is to stay private, and deliver on what they say.

5+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like wow and the Warcraft universe, im craving a new world and mmo/series.

I’m just waiting to see if dreamhaven or another company can achieve that.

I doubt it. At most they might try and snap up a few key employees who happen to share their vision - though most of those likeminded individuals have long since left Blizzard altogether.

Maybe in 20 years but there is no chance until they can afford a 30-100B buyout. Acti-bliz is currently worth 63B.

30B cuz its half of current price and 100B for an estimate in the future.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Activision hasn't even begun milking Blizzard, let it go now? Just wait until they start dropping the mobile gacci games and they start printing yearly releases of Overwatch. Blizzard is still worth nearly infinite money to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    Whats the chance that Michael Morhaime, seeing error of his ways, starts his own publisher with a plan of buying out Blizzard back from Activision and making it great again?
    with what money? lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.