Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the Cardinals win, their bullpen looks truly awful. They make things happen that nobody has seen since Gehrig & Ruth.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well shit, Angel Hernandez has been assigned to the Dodgers/Padres series. Looking forward to a 4 hour game when he works first and every play gets reviewed and overturned.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing worse than seeing the Dodgers fall into a hole and get eliminated would be to see the Astros come back from a bigger one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The only thing worse than seeing the Dodgers fall into a hole and get eliminated would be to see the Astros come back from a bigger one.
    Tampa blowing it has been more distressing than the Dodgers blowing it.
    /s

Tampa blowing it has been more distressing than the Dodgers blowing it.
    One good thing that might come from the Astros getting to World Series is it might make MLB not keep the expanded playoffs. Having a team that had a losing record in the WS is kind of a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading the article about Kershaw's postseason history, do you think management misuses him because of his name status and by treating him like his younger self and leaving him out too long?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    One good thing that might come from the Astros getting to World Series is it might make MLB not keep the expanded playoffs. Having a team that had a losing record in the WS is kind of a joke.
    Kinda had the opposite effect in the NFL. One of the most historic games is when the 7-9 Seahawks had home field in the wild card vs the defending champ Saints. Lynch went beast mode and it kind of legitimized that a lopsided record team could hang with the top teams as well as be entertaining.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the article about Kershaw's postseason history, do you think management misuses him because of his name status and by treating him like his younger self and leaving him out too long?
    The bullpen lets all his inherited runners score, so its hard to say if he's in too long when his being pulled is greeted with immediate disaster.

Speaking of... Doc pulls Buehler too soon and leadoff triple before you can blink.

The stupid move was using Kershaw in relief in game 5 against the Nats. I still don't understand that one. They force him into situations where he shouldn't be and get predictable results. They pay guys to relieve, let them do their jobs rather than shoehorn starters into roles they aren't comfortable with.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Especially with the lack of downtime between games, which is extra weird since it's so important to pitchers yet even the NBA managed to go every other day.

- - - Updated - - -

Those were the fastest 3 outs I've ever seen. I'm sure MLB is creaming themselves over the possibility of two teams coming back from needing 3 wins in a row facing each other in the finals considering they thought two guys named will smith was a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering they thought two guys named will smith was a big deal.
    Hey, I was long anticipating the Will Smith vs. Will Smith moment and it didn't disappoint.
    /s

To get so close to a Houston/LA rematch and now be staring at a possible Atlanta/TB series. MLB has to be sick to their stomachs.

And as I type this, Kiki goes yard to ties it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    7 runs off 6 hits. Efficient. I think Braves are 3/3 while the Dodgers had one on and stranded a lot, including bases being loaded and a guy on third with 1 out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great game, great series, thrilled to be back in the World Series, this time against a team that is probably not cheating, or that won't have their manager fired for cheating anyways.
    Last edited by draynay; 2020-10-19 at 04:35 AM.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    A casual glance at recent history suggests that teams that enter the playoffs either with a long win streak or winning at least 8 of their last 10 have an elevated chance at winning the pennant. The Rays and Dodgers not only led their leagues in RD but entered the playoffs winning 8 of their last 10. We will see how that plays out.
    Both teams won pennants!

15+ Year Old Account
    Although on the flip side...

15+ Year Old Account
    Flemings era was up to 54 at one point.

A little surprised they took Kershaw out. It was just a couple days ago I asked if they were leaving him in too long but he’s been strong. Would’ve thought one more inning, but maybe that’s greedy.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2020-10-21 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it works, brilliant, if it fails, then its another Doc blunder.

Leaning toward "blunder".
    Last edited by draynay; 2020-10-21 at 02:55 AM.
    /s

Flemings era was up to 54 at one point.

A little surprised they took Kershaw out. It was just a couple days ago I asked if they were leaving him in too long but he’s been strong. Would’ve thought one more inning, but maybe that’s greedy.
    I think Dave Roberts has reached the point where he just isn’t going to risk it. He’s had a laundry list of problems managing Kershaw over the years. And after leaving him in burned them last time, I’d be shocked if he does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I think Dave Roberts has reached the point where he just isn’t going to risk it. He’s had a laundry list of problems managing Kershaw over the years. And after leaving him in burned them last time, I’d be shocked if he does it again.
    Kershaw also had some long periods on the bench the last couple of innings while the Dodgers were batting. There was no reason to push him with a 7 run lead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mookie Betts is ridiculous. Consistently at an amazing level.

JFC. Flashbacks of that 12-13 game in 2017.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2020-10-25 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figures the first game I miss since the CS started and its completely insane.