Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This was better anyway:

Ah, yes, good one and with interesting music as well.
    (But allegedly also the favorite movie of the Charleston church shooter; I don't know if he missed the ending.)

And, as Deadpool, a love story.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Thus making it unfalsifiable because no exculpatory explanation given will convince you otherwise. I.e. "the only legitimate answer I will accept is the one that confirms my existing beliefs".

Thanks for not actually countering what I said.
    Here's your counter:

You are a school teacher. During recess two of your students get into a fight which you don't see. One of them says that the other beat him up and the other kid claims the same. Both have their friends corroborating their respective stories. Both stories are full of holes and inconsistencies and you don't know who to punish. Since kid A has had a history of bullying and getting into fights and his friends' stories are slightly more flimsy than the other kids' stories, you decide that it is him and send him to detention.

Are you wrong? Most likely not. But statistically with thousands of situations like this repeating every day, at least a few teachers will get it wrong.

Social situations that can't be replicated nor have undeniable video proof will always carry with them some level of ambiguity. They will also be based on complicated interrelated chains of "he said this, he saw that, he heard this and that" etc. If you want to be 100% certain, kick both Hunter and his father out of politics. That way you can know for sure that you don't have someone who possibly engaged in corrupt deals running for office. Innocent or not.

Oh yeah, and you know how teachers solve situations like that? Most of them punish both kids just to make sure. Don't engage in shady stuff that will have people questioning what exactly you were doing with foreign governments and you won't have stories like this.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2020-10-17 at 07:02 AM.

If it's fake why would Hunter Bidens lawyer try to recover the laptops 3 days ago then?

https://twitter.com/adamhousley/stat...126604288?s=20

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Since kid A has had a history of bullying and getting into fights and his friends' stories are slightly more flimsy than the other kids' stories
    Is the unproven assumption you are making in this situation which is why the analogy is a shit one.

You believe the Bidens are corrupt because...reasons...and any exculpatory evidence is fraudulent because they are corrupt. It's circular nonsense.

EDIT: Also, no. I've been an educator and "punishing both kids to make sure"? Sure Jan. Maybe in Russia.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-10-17 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, BLEXIT? You mean the hashtag where Russians were literally boosting the signal of Candace Owens' idiotic movement? The one where she had to pay black people to show up at Donald's White House speech last week?
    I'm probably wasting my time since any link that I provide to support my argument will be poo-poo'ed on, but I'll give you one anyway, seen below.

Your usage of the words "idiotic movement" to describe her efforts is disturbing to say the least. I would expect better from a moderator. A Conservative sharing a similar opinion about a black female would likely be labeled as a racist. Of course we all know that the "tolerant" left only supports those who agree with their views. I'm guessing that you think that Biden's claims that black people who don't vote for him aren't truly black are also okay. SMH.

https://youtu.be/byM5Wyh8kNQ

Edit: Typo.
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.

Is the unproven assumption you are making in this situation which is why the analogy is a shit one.

You believe the Bidens are corrupt because...reasons...and any exculpatory evidence is fraudulent because they are corrupt. It's circular nonsense.

EDIT: Also, no. I've been an educator and "punishing both kids to make sure"? Sure Jan. Maybe in Russia.
    I firmly believe in "where there's smoke, there's fire". In a country of 328 million people it should be possible to find several who never had any sketchy dealings with foreign governments. In fact, Tulsi Gabbard is completely clean and yet the Dems shat on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I firmly believe in "where there's smoke, there's fire".
    I.e. badly applied maxims and confirmation bias rather than actual evidence. Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    If it's fake why would Hunter Bidens lawyer try to recover the laptops 3 days ago then?

https://twitter.com/adamhousley/stat...126604288?s=20
    Probably because if they are actually theirs, then they would want their property back. I would do the same thing. And again, still no evidence it is real.

Seriously people. Stop feeding them. They truly have no ground to stand on, yet you keep responding. The fact that any of these people can give ANYONE shit after what their god-king has done is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    I'm probably wasting my time since any link that I provide to support my argument will be poo-poo'ed on, but I'll give you one anyway, seen below.

Your usage of the words "idiotic movement" to describe her efforts is disturbing to say the least. I would expect better from a moderator. A Conservative sharing a similar opinion about a black female would likely be labeled as a racist. Of course we all know that the "tolerant" left only supports those who agree with their views. I'm guessing that you think that Biden's claims that black people who don't vote for him aren't truly black are also okay. SMH.

Candace Owens, a Hitler defending bitch, and Brandon Tatum, 2 professional grifters taking money from gullible people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Probably because if they are actually theirs, then they would want their property back. I would do the same thing. And again, still no evidence it is real.
    So the laptops are real but the stuff on it is fake, gotcha. So who made the fake stuff on his laptop while it was possessed by the FBI and the DOJ? Have Russia and China infiltrated our intelligence agencies?

I.e. badly applied maxims and confirmation bias rather than actual evidence. Lol.
    If you block all people who are suspect of corruption from running for office, the worst thing that can happen is that you'll block some highly sus politician who is actually innocent. Better than accidentally letting a corrupt freak in the President's chair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post

Hey, since people are still apparently buying Candace Owens' grift now's a pretty good time to bring back this here clip of Malcolm X analysing the phenomenon of people using their Blackness to help prop up white supremacy for personal gain.

This is known as "Serena Joy Syndrome" when applied to people like Amy Coney Barret buttressing ideologies that regard women as second class citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    So the laptops are real but the stuff on it is fake, gotcha. So who made the fake stuff on his laptop while it was possessed by the FBI and the DOJ? Have Russia and China infiltrated our intelligence agencies?
    Well, considering the METADATA proves that the emails were created after the laptop was dropped off, then yes, it is fake. There is a reason that the Republican led Senate Intel Committee wouldn't even touch this when Guiliani gave it to them.

WoW!! All this "proof" about Hunter Biden is going to make it very tough for Hunter Biden to win the presidency....

10+ Year Old Account
    If you block all people who are suspect of corruption from running for office, the worst thing that can happen is that you'll block some highly sus politician who is actually innocent. Better than accidentally letting a corrupt freak in the President's chair.
    Cool, except as you and other people in this thread have proven "suspicion of corruption" can be invented on the most spurious of grounds and conveniently only ever applies to people you disagree with politically.

Pardon me if I regard it as a bullshit metric for qualification for office.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Well, considering the METADATA proves that the emails were created after the laptop was dropped off, then yes, it is fake. There is a reason that the Republican led Senate Intel Committee wouldn't even touch this when Guiliani gave it to them.
    Hmm, so I guess we need to figure out why the FBI and DOJ would edit the metadata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I firmly believe in "where there's smoke, there's fire".
    ...and Guiliani and Bannon are holding gasoline and matches.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Cool, except as you and other people in this thread have proven "suspicion of corruption" can be invented on the most spurious of grounds and conveniently only ever applies to people you disagree with politically.

Pardon me if I regard it as a bullshit metric for qualification for office.
    I don't suspect Joe average who doesn't even know where Ukraine is.

Guy who was a member of the board of a GAS company in a famously corrupt country that is known for its sketchy gas dealings is, however, highly sus.