Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is probably cycling characters - the ones that "guide us through" expansions - like Lorewalker Cho and now Bolvar. We could definitely expect to see him again once we go into the Light/Void expansion.

I fully expect to see Medivh and his son Med'an in that expansion, so it would make sense to also see Khadgar.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shadowlands, the after-live, is more the domain to a Priest or Shaman, then a Mage, how exceptional he is.
    Also the Void and Shadow using classes (DK, Warlock...) would even make more sense then a mage...to me...

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Blizzard is probably cycling characters - the ones that "guide us through" expansions - like Lorewalker Cho and now Bolvar. We could definitely expect to see him again once we go into the Light/Void expansion.

I fully expect to see Medivh and his son Med'an in that expansion, so it would make sense to also see Khadgar.
    I think med'an got retconned for being a massive mary sue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obvious10 View Post
    The Shadowlands, the after-live, is more the domain to a Priest or Shaman, then a Mage, how exceptional he is.
    Also the Void and Shadow using classes (DK, Warlock...) would even make more sense then a mage...to me...
    DK's don't use Void/Shadow magic.

For game play purposes, many of their abilities deal Shadow damage. But they are not a Void/Shadow based class.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post

He is for sure a Super Saiyan Mary Sue, but alas, he is still canonically "out there" as the developers put it during a 'Legion Summit' interview.

MMO-Champion summary of Legion Summit - Dev Interviews
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-10-17 at 12:17 PM.

Nah, I believe he is still canonically "out there" as the developers put it during a 'Legion Summit' interview.
    I stopped believing when they replaced his boring ass with Thrall in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I stopped believing when they replaced his boring ass with Thrall in Cata.

...Me'dan was supposed to be in Cataclysm? If so we dodged a supermassive bullet.

...Me'dan was supposed to be in Cataclysm? If so we dodged a supermassive bullet.
    Speculation only. But judging by the cut C'thun and Cho'gall content in 4.1 and the oddly misplaced presennce and usage of Thrall as a superhero (Which has literally never been used again) I think it is safe to assume that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Speculation only. But judging by the cut C'thun and Cho'gall content in 4.1 and the oddly misplaced presennce and usage of Thrall as a superhero (Which has literally never been used again) I think it is safe to assume that.
    Metzen officially denied that on Twitter a few years back (source). There were plans for Med'an at some point following his appearance in the comics, but what they were isn't known - and thankfully they seem to have opted not to pursue them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

For game play purposes, many of their abilities deal Shadow damage. But they are not a Void/Shadow based class.

He is for sure a Super Saiyan Mary Sue, but alas, he is still canonically "out there" as the developers put it during a 'Legion Summit' interview.

MMO-Champion summary of Legion Summit - Dev Interviews
    Looks like he did get removed from lore

https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/03/30...aft-chronicle/

He’s been a controversial figure since he was first introduced, and now, he’s been quietly shown the door. Med’an, that omni-powerful New Guardian of Tirisfal last seen in the World of Warcraft comic book, is no longer canon in the Warcraft setting. As we mentioned in this round-up of the Chronicle Volume 3 preview, if you search for Med’an’s name in the index, you are directed to page 404. It’s a reference to a 404 error when looking for a webpage that doesn’t exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked Khadgar, so that would be nice. Although I would like to see Medivh instead. Where did he even go in Legion with his urgent business?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah yeah, I know.
    I messed it up.

Just very curious about DK's role in SL .... and Vol'jin's play in it.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I hope not. Hes decent enough a guy but he doesnt belong in this story, forcing him into it would damage his character. We should take a break from him for a bit
    I certainly hope not, tired of human mages ruling the roost, we have Jaina and Khadgar and they've got constant mage attention, I'd like to see a night elven and blood elven one rise to prominence, more of Rommath and Farondis when it comes to Global affairs, with Thalyssra and Umbric when it comes to local affairs.

We've had enough human ones,a nd they're not supposed to be the most talented magical race, elves are. Why give night elves, blood/high elves, Void elves and Nightborne such incredible magical pedigree and fail to use them?
    • We have Rommath, Aethas and Voren'thal the seer ( or Archmage Lan'dalock for a high elf alternative)
    • We have Umbric and the majority of the core void elf group being arcane void users.
    • We have Thalyssra, Occuleth and Valtrois - Nightborne ancient magi from the elven empire of old remaining in Suramar, still around and modified by the Nightwell
    • We have Farondis, Mordant and Estulan - living genius-level mages from the kaldorei elven empire of old, still around (not the forest ones that gave up magic)

See, lots of options, use them instead.

I like Khadgar more than I like the current writers, so... best for him to stay away from the plot.

Kadgar - Legion
    Magni - BfA
    Bolvar - SL
    There must always be a guy who give you the main quests, and then they expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I would love to see Medivh.
    I would be so hyped. The only dead character I actually care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I would be so hyped. The only dead character I actually care about.
    Technically he's not dead anymore, and he's also somewhere off in the Twisting Nether.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    LIght and Void, for sure, due to his ties to Turalyon and Alleria that I feel can have further interactions.
    I don't think new writers are aware of his close friendship with Turalyon and Alleria. BfA clearly showed us that they don't care about lore from old books.

Looks like he did get removed from lore

https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/03/30...aft-chronicle/

He’s been a controversial figure since he was first introduced, and now, he’s been quietly shown the door. Med’an, that omni-powerful New Guardian of Tirisfal last seen in the World of Warcraft comic book, is no longer canon in the Warcraft setting. As we mentioned in this round-up of the Chronicle Volume 3 preview, if you search for Med’an’s name in the index, you are directed to page 404. It’s a reference to a 404 error when looking for a webpage that doesn’t exist.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the Chronicle indices being canon. In Book 2, it lists "Jaina Proudmoore: See "Dreadlord.""

Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    Kadgar - Legion
    Magni - BfA
    Bolvar - SL
    There must always be a guy who give you the main quests, and then they expire.
    Cata had Thrall.

We need to have the folowing lead expansions;

Malfurion
    Baine
    Anduin
    Talanji
    Tyrande
    Thalyssra
    Mayla
    Velen
    Calia
    Moira

5+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. He's literally referenced in p. 404, go figure

As for Dadgar, I wouldn't mind seeing him again. Just try to tone down the praising BS (OMG HERO CHAMPION WORLDZ LAST HOPE), which felt ridiculous, even patronising at times. Especially during Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.