Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    What makes this a terror attack versus a normal homicide? I am confused.
    Why am I not suprised you try to downplay what happend. You are all the same, you arent even hiding it haha. I remember when 911 happend and the muslims in school (germany) the next day were happy about it and how the americans deserved it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Sure. ‘Paris attack’ has the same ring to it as ‘murder in Conflans-Sainte-Honorine‘ lol
    I would assume the reason people are taking issue with what you said is more because of the needless pedantry around a broader topic, rather than the actual correction. This is coupled with your initial statement seeming to imply that acts of murder or terrorism are inherently less meaningful depending on where it is committed (i.e.: that terroristic actions in Conflans-Sainte-Honorine do not matter as much as terroristic actions taken in Paris).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why am I not suprised you try to downplay what happend. You are all the same, you arent even hiding it haha. I remember when 911 happend and the muslims in school (germany) the next day were happy about it and how the americans deserved it.
    I don't know if making negative, unsubstantiated comments about Muslims is very becoming, especially when your profile picture is Honkler.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I don't know if making negative, unsubstantiated comments about Muslims is very becoming, especially when your profile picture is Honkler.
    I gladly take the infraction for "trolling" because I shared my expierence with some of this group of people after a major terror attack. Its no big deal if I get banned, I rarely post here anyway. *shrug*.

You gotta be a very special kind of f.up to cut someones entire head off with a big knife. It's like nazis throwing babies in the wall. Where can this kind of evil be cultivated? It's like those girls in Marocco (danish/norwegian). It's not like a gangbang or rape or murdering your relatives where you could somewhat relate to circumstances. They said something funny about your idol, and they cut off your entire head, someone they don't even know.

10+ Year Old Account
    The threat of decapitation looming over anybody who speaks out against any faith, regardless of where you live, is an issue upon itself.

I think of the meme going around of "believe it or not, straight to jail" and can't help but to apply it to this. Disheartening all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    So what's being done to ensure this doesn't happen again?
    They are just starting to work on it

French President Emmanuel Macron took aim at "Islamist separatism" on Friday, unveiling the substance of a long-awaited law designed to regulate the practice of Islam in France.

The law, to be formally presented in December, will primarily crack down on the foreign influences in French Muslim communities, Macron said. It will allow the state to monitor the funding that French mosques receive from abroad, create a certificate program for French imams and ban home schooling for young children to prevent the creation of Islamic schools.

“What we need to fight is Islamist separatism,” Macron said, in a speech delivered in the northwestern Paris suburb of Les Mureaux. “It’s a conscious, theorized, politico-religious project that materializes through repeated deviations from the values of the republic and which often result in the creation of a counter-society.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    you think he just was a mentally ill person targeting random people and happened to target a teacher that showed such pictures totally by accident? just happenstance it was that teacher?

i guess anything goes when being an apologetic...
    Isn't that what the german airplane pilot did when he crashed a plane full of people in the alps? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanwings_Flight_9525

if he had been muslim it would have been terrorism correct? Not sucidial tendencies? But I am not discounting it is terrorism. What I am looking for is evidence. Is there any actual evidence that the photos are the reason. So far none of you have shown any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    No, I'm using evidence as evidence and beyond reasonable doubt as a the burden of proof, not 'beyond unreasonable doubt'.

I'm not sure if you are putting on an act or not, but if you really want to disprove the terrorism angle you are free to go to that suburb and walk around with one of those caricature from Charlie Hebdo and show that there is nothing to fear.

Unless you do that I will not deign you with a reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, but I still want to say that there is something problematic in that reply:

Mentally ill people are in general not violent, and normally not a threat to others - and that perception (created by apologists) is actually unfairly stigmatising the mentally ill making it less likely that they get help and the support they need.
    You are using evidence. Perfect. What is it? Where is the direct link between A and B? So far even media articles say its an assumption not fact. So where are the facts and evidence?

Its safer for me to walk around those neighbourhoods today then for me to walk into immigration at CDG. This is coming from a guy who has a swiss education and a diplomatic passport. Difference is I am brown and Muslim. So yeah those areas are safe for me. France in general not so much considering how popular nazis are getting in Europe these days.

Also I guess you think Germanwings pilot was not a terrorist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wot the fuck, some teacher showed the charlie hebdo cartoon of mo, to teach some freedom of expression stuff.

some 18 year old took offense, chopped the dudes head off, posted pictures on social media, and started shouting allah ackbar and then got slotted.

i mean its not complitcated that this is an extremist killing someone.
    And the evidence is? Also in the muslim world everyone says Allah-u-akbar. Its said atleast 20 times in a day by every random person. We say it out praise. Whats the equivalent of the american saying "jesus christ" where you are from? That si what Allah-u-Akbar is for us. Oh yes and Inshallah, Mashallah and a few others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    The definition of terrorism is very vague, and lots of things can qualify for it. In this case the murder was done for political reasons against a civilian, with the only apparent purpose being to dissuade others for doing something that the murderer found distasteful (showing a picture of Muhammad). Essentially, they murderer committed an unlawful action with the intent of intimidating civilians into compliance with their belief.
    I agree completing with the post you make. My only concern is that as of yet there has been no direct causal linkage between the photos and the killings. If you have that link I am happy to accept it is a terrorist attack. Until that linkage is proven, i call this pretty on the nose racist journalism and police work.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it "quoted" if he literally decapitated the teacher and posted the severed head to his social media?
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-10-17 at 01:54 PM.

And the evidence is? Also in the muslim world everyone says Allah-u-akbar. Its said atleast 20 times in a day by every random person. We say it out praise. Whats the equivalent of the american saying "jesus christ" where you are from? That si what Allah-u-Akbar is for us. Oh yes and Inshallah, Mashallah and a few others.

you seem to have skipped over the motive : revenge against the teacher for posting the image of mo
    and the murder : the beheading of the teacher and posting it to social media.

if you cant put this together you must have lost your head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That reminds me, have Turkish police stopped the intimidation of Armenians in Istanbul yet? Or do we need to wait for another Hrant Dink-style murder?
    I can be give an offensive response to this post but I won't. This is last time I am tolerating your shit, next time, you will see the tone you deserve.

What that has to do with France having some religious nutjob decapitating teachers. Furthermore, I am not aware of the details of that thing. France24 might be just publishing propaganda piece, it's something they do all the time. Furthermore, even people from nationalist/right-wing political parties criticized that convoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Or do we need to wait for another Hrant Dink-style murder?
    Hopefully it will never happen again. Are you longing for one so that you can criticize Turkey?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I gladly take the infraction for "trolling" because I shared my expierence with some of this group of people after a major terror attack. Its no big deal if I get banned, I rarely post here anyway. *shrug*.
    You have been a known racist in this sub for a long time, long before shit like this started happen to in Europe. Cut the "I am just sharing my opinion" crap.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-10-17 at 01:53 PM.

You are using evidence. Perfect. What is it? Where is the direct link between A and B? So far even media articles say its an assumption not fact. So where are the facts and evidence?
    You mean the photo of the decapitated head of Samuel Paty he posted to his twitter account under the name Al Ansar? That in it he talks about he took one of Macrons hellhounds. There is plenty of evidence, now go fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Jesus thats a harsh crackdown on an entire religion for the terrible behaviour of a few.

Though I did say this last night to my mate in discord, I've had the general feeling that we as Europeans and our governments are reaching a breaking point with our tolerance of Islam and that I don't think it will be long before we see crackdowns on a religion in Europe that are unprecedented in modern times as a knee jerk reaction to an attack to try and prevent the far right gaining from these incidents like they have been.

I fear the ball is now rolling, other nations will be watching France and watching if the majority of the people are OK with persecuting Muslims, and if the French people have reached that point of fed up where there willing to accept a mass crackdown that will effect all Muslims then we could see other nations following France,

This ofc won't work for France, you don't integrate forigners by making them legally different in the law, by making there religion more restricted, and calling them separatists, you generate is resistance doing that and more extremists,

Hopefully the UK dosnt follow suite as we are making great gains, like all prior immigrations thebuk culture is rubbing off on 3rd gend and 4th gen Muslims who have much lower mosque attendance and like all bits are more sceptical of religion's and many 3rd and 4th gen can be found packing out the pubs and clubs drinking because they want to be part of wider society.

Just take a look at the impromptue cricket game that was played in Manchester when the pubs and clubs kicked out at 10 last week, a large amount all drunk "muslims" shoulder to shoulder having fun with every kne else who's drunk. And thats the real only solution, time and generations being allowed to integrate, being allowed the freedom to choose beong part of wider society and culture instead of being forced to stay in closed heavily religious communities.

But alas I fear we might be to late to stop the road Europe is traveling on in this matter.

Macron doing the right call. That shit needs to end, too many radicalized thing, in france its the muslims and in the us its all the Qanon trump voters. You gotta fight it at the root. The idea that if you do nothing and dont talk about it, is just never true. You have foreign immas flying in France to give conferences to muslim children making them those kind of drones, just like US youngster are becoming Qanon drones on the internet. You really dont want this to keep going on. The school system is the only real cure.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-fr...-idUKKBN2720KO
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUKKBN2720BG

And the additional evidence gets in:
    The teacher had received threats after showing the image to the pupils.
    The terrorist had approached pupils in the street and asked them to point out his victim, and posted a photograph of the teacher’s body on Twitter, accompanied by a message saying he had carried out the killing.

The teacher was willing to teach people freedom of expression in a civics class. The apologists have no courage and brings nothing of value to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Jesus thats a harsh crackdown on an entire religion for the terrible behaviour of a few.

Though I did say this last night to my mate in discord, I've had the general feeling that we as Europeans and our governments are reaching a breaking point with our tolerance of Islam and that I don't think it will be long before we see crackdowns on a religion in Europe that are unprecedented in modern times as a knee jerk reaction to an attack to try and prevent the far right gaining from these incidents like they have been.

I fear the ball is now rolling, other nations will be watching France and watching if the majority of the people are OK with persecuting Muslims, and if the French people have reached that point of fed up where there willing to accept a mass crackdown that will effect all Muslims then we could see other nations following France,

This ofc won't work for France, you don't integrate forigners by making them legally different in the law, by making there religion more restricted, and calling them separatists, you generate is resistance doing that and more extremists,

Hopefully the UK dosnt follow suite as we are making great gains, like all prior immigrations thebuk culture is rubbing off on 3rd gend and 4th gen Muslims who have much lower mosque attendance and like all bits are more sceptical of religion's and many 3rd and 4th gen can be found packing out the pubs and clubs drinking because they want to be part of wider society.

Just take a look at the impromptue cricket game that was played in Manchester when the pubs and clubs kicked out at 10 last week, a large amount all drunk "muslims" shoulder to shoulder having fun with every kne else who's drunk. And thats the real only solution, time and generations being allowed to integrate, being allowed the freedom to choose beong part of wider society and culture instead of being forced to stay in closed heavily religious communities.

But alas I fear we might be to late to stop the road Europe is traveling on in this matter.
    Its not a hard crack down, its literally what we did to other religious schools we had, from our own catholic and protestent for the most part. They have to follow a curiculum, they cant be infiltrated by known criminals. Islam and infact jewish schools were given too much freedom in most of our countries. They are free to literally create army of drones if they wish to, some were we even turn a blind eye to them not even teaching the basic curiculum. Like jewish schools not teaching girls maths (Thats just one example in Canada). But every western nation gives these school too much freedom period. That crack down is overdue in most countries, ever since we cracked down on catholic schools, it should have been the norm.)

Freedom of religion doesent mean freedom to make a school and disregard public curiculums and ethics.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-10-17 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I can be give an offensive response to this post but I won't. This is last time I am tolerating your shit, next time, you will see the tone you deserve.

What that has to do with France having some religious nutjob decapitating teachers. Furthermore, I am not aware of the details of that thing. France24 might be just publishing propaganda piece, it's something they do all the time. Furthermore, even people from nationalist/right-wing political parties criticized that convoy.

Hopefully it will never happen again. Are you longing for one so that you can criticize Turkey?

- - - Updated - - -

You have been a known racist in this sub for a long time, long before shit like this started happen to in Europe. Cut the "I am just sharing my opinion" crap.
    Hes greek if I remember right. They have a deep deep hatred of turkey due to century's of ottoman occupation and the attempted genocide of Greek culture under the ottomans.

As such though I don't condone it, I also don't expect different, its like asking a Ukrainian to not hate Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    a knee jerk reaction
    I wouldn't say it's a knee jerk reaction, it is clearly a last straw reaction, and frankly a late one. Now that authorities have finally acknowledged the religious extremism problem they can move to secularisation and, thus, better integration of immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its not a hard crack down, its literally what we did to other religious schools we had, from our own catholic and protestent for the most part. They have to follow a curiculum, they cant be infiltrated by known criminals. Islam and infact jewish schools were given too much freedom in most of our countries. They are free to literally create army of drones if they wish to, some were we even turn a blind eye to them not even teaching the basic curiculum. Like jewish schools not teaching girls maths (Thats just one example in Canada). But every western nation gives these school too much freedom period. That crack down is overdue in most countries, ever since we cracked down on catholic schools, it should have been the norm.)
    Its not a huge crackdown no, but it is the start of a new trajectory, a rejection of the idea of integration by choice and a move to integration by force, which in a nation as foremost in the world as France, sets a dangerous precident.

Its not a huge crackdown no, but it is the start of a new trajectory, a rejection of the idea of integration by choice and a move to integration by force, which in a nation as foremost in the world as France, sets a dangerous precident.
    Its not integration by force, its addering to the common school curiculum. Other schools would not be allowed to have a foreign visitor, with known ties to terrorism just come to preach. They also arent allowed to NOT teach the public curiculum. Some community school we simply turned a blind eye to. Islam and jewish schools are the two biggest example. They can have their jewish and muslim school, they just need to be held to the same standard the other schools are. EI follow the public curiculum or BETTER (Not worse).

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a knee jerk reaction, it is clearly a last straw reaction, and frankly a late one. Now that authorities have finally acknowledged the religious extremism problem they can move to secularisation and, thus, better integration of immigrants
    This isn't better integration, you cannot force integration with laws or with suppression, giving up an extremely Conservative religion to be part of wider society and the wider culture of a nation is a bit like giving up smoking, it can only be done for personal reasons and for your self, else you risk back sliding hard when there's a bit of rough patch.

I dare say we both want the same thing, a secular outwardly atheist society where religion is to use the British saying about religion "like your genitals we all have one, but we still shouldn't go wiping them out in public" but you cant force that, you have to offer a seat at the table of society for when there ready to take it and wait for them to see how much we enjoy being free of dogma and restrictions and that works, like I said before 3rd and 4th gen up are coming in to the pubs and clubs, drinking and socialising and having fun something unthinkable to strict Muslims, yea they hide from there parents and people from there communities, I've lost count of the number of times I've had to hide irfan in the group because he saw some one from his mosque on the other side of the street or he's quickly thrust his cigarette into my hand for the same reason, but it is working I see it over time as more and more choose British cultures over the stuffy mosques of there grandparents just as we chose the pubs and clubs over the churches ourselves. The best killer of religion is a religion its self that cant have legal enforcement of its rules, because living a life so restricted is opposite human nature for freedom, Europe is a place reigions go to die because we give them the freedom to hang them selves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Its not integration by force, its addering to the common school curiculum. Other schools would not be allowed to have a foreign visitor, with known ties to terrorism just come to preach. They also arent allowed to NOT teach the public curiculum. Some community school we simply turned a blind eye to. Islam and jewish schools are the two biggest example. They can have their jewish and muslim school, they just need to be held to the same standard the other schools are. EI follow the public curiculum or BETTER (Not worse).
    You focusing on one aspect of all the policy's he has set out, the funding restrictions and the mass surveillance of mosques. Making imams need basicly a state license to preach... those are all controls and restrictions on islam that state can use to restrict it.

What happens if the state decides to restrict new certificates to a quota or stop issuing them for a while ?