WoW Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes - October 16, 2020

WoW Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes - October 16, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Barber Shop

• Resolved some issues with the Barber Shop previewing textures from other character models.
    • Worgen players are now able to save changes to their Human forms.
    • Resolved an issue with a Night Elf skin color and eye color not displaying correctly to other players.

Classes

• Mage
      • General
        • Portals can now be used by all members of the Mage’s party, regardless of level.
        • Mages who are not yet high enough level to fly can now take a portal to the abandoned Kirin Tor camp during the quest "The Deadwind Site."
        • Starving prisoners are now less picky and will eat any level of Mage conjured food offered to them during the quest, "More Than Just a Food Vendor".
      • Arcane
        • Master of Escape (PvP Talent) no longer reduces the cooldown of Mass Invisibility (PvP Talent).
    • Warrior
      • Protection
        • All Protection Warriors with Punish (Talent) selected can now apply multiple Punish debuffs on a single target.

Dungeons and Raids

• Grievous and Bursting affixes now deal appropriate damage on Mythic Keystone difficulty.
    • Atal'Dazar
      • Shadowy spiders summoned by Echoes of Shadra no longer deal damage while in the Awakened affix realm on Mythic Keystone difficulty.

Exile's Reach

• After several complaints from Captain Garrick and Warlord Grimaxe, new recruits can no longer duel aboard the Horde and Alliance ships. Additionally, Health regeneration will recover more slowly while dueling on Exile’s Reach. Now take your fights to the island, recruits!
    • Resolved an issue where the objective to speak with Warlord Grimaxe wouldn’t complete during the Exile’s Reach Horde quest, “Dungeon: Darkmaul Citadel”.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue causing the Humming Black Dragonscale trinket’s slow fall effect to not apply the Draconic Descent buff aura. Additionally, the trinket’s slow fall effect can now be used while mounted.
    • Alliance players can loot 7th Legion Service Medals once again.

Quests

• Completing “Quartermaster’s Bounty” will reward a Warlord’s Trophy for your efforts once again.
    • The turn in locations for the Vulpera Allied Race quests, "A Little Goodwill" and "Worthwhile Repairs" have been updated to their correct positions.
    • "Adventurers Wanted: Chromie's Call" will correctly be categorized under Orgrimmar for Horde characters.
    • The Legionfall Construction Table is no longer empty during the quest “Begin Construction”.
    • Vanthir is once again visible for turning in the Suramar quest, “All Along the Waterways”.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented players from completing the Shadowmoon Valley quest, “The Ashtongue Corruptors”.
    • The protective shield surrounding Animus in the Thousand Needles quest, "The Doomstone", can no longer withstand the might of Magatha Grimtotem's Elemental Nullifier.
    • Honor’s Stand Officers in Southern Barrens will once again drop the Roadway Plans that start the quest, "The Low Road".

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    There are so many more thing bugged...

- Anduin is not on his throne so you can't do several quests (such as cloak or Twilight Highlands prequest)
    - When you buy a weapon from your class order hall, level, log out, and log back in; the weapon you have equipped outlevels you which makes it useless.
    - quests popping up while in a timewalking mode from other xpacs which instantly fail when you try to pick them up.
    - cloak to remove corruption still usefull, while corruption is out of the game
    - corruption effects still show in grey, very misleading.

Just a few tings I encountered. Have played since vanilla and never seen so many bugs in a patch.

So many bugs make you understand why they delayed Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post

- Anduin is not on his throne so you can't do several quests (such as cloak or Twilight Highlands prequest)
    - When you buy a weapon from your class order hall, level, log out, and log back in; the weapon you have equipped outlevels you which makes it useless.
    - quests popping up while in a timewalking mode from other xpacs which instantly fail when you try to pick them up.

Just a few tings I encountered. Have played since vanilla and never seen so many bugs in a patch.
    The weapom part was hot fixed to require 45 intentionally. But yeah, who knew all those q&a testers that were laid off were needed? The blizz we knew and loved is long gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    The weapom part was hot fixed to require 45 intentionally. But yeah, who knew all those q&a testers that were laid off were needed? The blizz we knew and loved is long gone.
    They literally just laid off another 300 in France so they went on strike.....

I don't even blame them. Fuck Activision and their shitty profit chasing margins. People are actually upset as fuck right now in France because of this. Imagine firing long time employees in the middle of a global pandemic. Disgusting.

But you're right. Blizzard is long gone. It's Activision-Blizzard. Anyone who thinks they aren't pulling Blizzards strings at this point is delusional. Anyone who thinks the recent 800 and 300 firings weren't an Activision call needs to get their head tested.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine how the expansion is going to launch. Delayed or not it's going to be a shitshow.

Yeah but the game has never before had a character level squish and a rescaling / revamp of the entire 1-120 questing and dungeon experience. The impact is massive. I'm sure we can all comprehend why there's so many bugs, even if we don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Yeah but the game has never before had a character level squish and a rescaling / revamp of the entire 1-120 questing and dungeon experience. The impact is massive. I'm sure we can all understand why there's so many bugs, even if we don't like it.
    Lol no?

They had Public and Beta testing for this. There's zero excuse for a patch to be this messy. Stop defending crap like this already. They aren't your friend. They aren't gonna send you a little package with a free pet for defending them. And I'll say that for any fucking game that launches in such a mess because I've experienced them.

A few bugs is understandable. This mess isn't. Games without PTRs and Public Betas launch in better states.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-17 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Lol no?

They had Public and Beta testing for this. There's zero excuse for a patch to be this messy. Stop defending crap like this already seriously. They aren't your friend. They aren't gonna send you a little package with a free pet for defending them.
    Or maybe we don't all have the comprehension, I take it back. This is not a defense. Im not sure how someone can fail to understand what the changes mean. There are always bugs, there is no such thing as bug free software. The bigger the changes, the more bugs you have. Your testers will never fully capture all your bugs, because the final product goes into the hands of so many more peopke who do things in a miriad ways different than your testers did. Yeah, go be outraged if you want, insult them and anyone else who isn't massively bothetered by revamped questing bugs. Are you actually doing anything? Put in tickets? Unsub? Or are you just living ok with it while you trash it, since it actually doesnt bother you enough to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Or maybe we don't all have the comprehension, I take it back. This is not a defense. Im not sure how someone can fail to understand what the changes mean. There are always guts, there is no such thing as bug free software. The bigger the changes, the more bush you have. Your testers will never fully capture all your busy, because the final product goes into the hands of so many more peopke who do things in a miriad ways different than your testers did. Yeah, go be outraged if you want, insult them and anyone else who isn't massively bothetered by revamped questing bugs. Are you actually doing anything? Put in tickets? Unsub? Or are you just living ok with it while you trash it, since it actually doesnt bother you enough to do something about it.
    Yeah let's call it "outrage".... Whatever we're done here.

Those were laid off to increase people in development to fix more bugs.

There arent half as many bugs now after patches compared to before.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy to see them fix the Low Road quest. Reported that many times since early PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

They literally just laid off another 300 in France so they went on strike.....

I don't even blame them. Fuck Activision and their shitty profit chasing margins. People are actually upset as fuck right now in France because of this. Imagine firing long time employees in the middle of a global pandemic. Disgusting.

But you're right. Blizzard is long gone. It's Activision-Blizzard. Anyone who thinks they aren't pulling Blizzards strings at this point is delusional. Anyone who thinks the recent 800 and 300 firings weren't an Activision call needs to get their head tested.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine how the expansion is going to launch. Delayed or not it's going to be a shitshow.
    You seriously need to stop this nonsense about "Evil activision is controlling Blizzard". They have been the same for 10 years now.

Activision is equally a part of all the good things about the game as well.

The people laid of are basically people in marketing etc and has nothing to do with development and bugs. There are smoother and smoother patches and less and less bugs coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Those were laid off to increase people in development to fix more bugs.

There arent half as many bugs now after patches compared to before.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy to see them fix the Low Road quest. Reported that many times since early PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

You seriously need to stop this nonsense about "Evil activision is controlling Blizzard". They have been the same for 10 years now.

The people laid of are basically people in marketing etc and has nothing to do with development and bugs. There are smoother and smoother patches and less and less bugs coming out.
    And considering former and current employees have anonymously said otherwise think I'll take their word over someone rabidly defending Blizzard. Thank you for your time.

I have been in all PTRs since vanilla and never seen so many few bugs compared to the amount of changes. You arent even slightly biased?

- - - Updated - - -

And considering former and current employees have anonymously said otherwise think I'll take their word over someone rabidly defending Blizzard. Thank you for your time.
    You will take any word that supports your own narrative. Even anonymously.

Doesn't it even seem slightly more interesting to care about facts?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol no?

They had Public and Beta testing for this. There's zero excuse for a patch to be this messy. Stop defending crap like this already. They aren't your friend. They aren't gonna send you a little package with a free pet for defending them. And I'll say that for any fucking game that launches in such a mess because I've experienced them.

A few bugs is understandable. This mess isn't. Games without PTRs and Public Betas launch in better states.
    What are you on about? I have tested all PTRs and the amount of bugs now is nothing compared to how it used to be.

Actually, in 12 years, i have never been pissed at blizzard, throuht downtimes, massive server lags, dissapeared items, having mine autenticator removed and password reset based on some email from some stranger, which pillaged it afterwards ... no

but now - wednesday - not able to login, thursday - not able to login, friday - not able to login .... today - no quests available on any of my sub 50lvl characters ...

so i wrote ticket ... ticket got marked as resolved by robot, suggesting i should check wowhead .... wtf

what is this, soviet russia ?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is absolutely not new. What's also not new is everyone thinking the bugs and stuff are worse than ever.

Just a silly little question.
    Mages who are not yet high enough level to fly can now take a portal to the abandoned Kirin Tor camp during the quest "The Deadwind Site".
    If it is true that flight ruins the on ground experience, why does this need to be changed?

Worgen players are now able to save changes to their Human forms.
    Are human and worgen forms able to use the barbershop independently now? Or does changing one still change the other?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I find that hard to believe. The problem is that if yuo choose to play through Legion you get artifact weapons at level 11, that don´t level with you. Meanign that you´re still playing with those at level 49 as no weapons drop in Legion content. Or do artifact weapons now level with the player?

- - - Updated - - -

I have been in all PTRs since vanilla and never seen so many few bugs compared to the amount of changes. You arent even slightly biased?
    Biased towards what? There's just a lot of bugs, independently from how many changes there are or whatsoever. I think you're the one being biased towards Blizz. "There is so much new content so there canbe bugs" doesn't go for me. I'd rather have less content that actually works properly.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Darkmaul Citadel quest is still bugged. I cannot queue for the dungeon, all I get is a message “you have not selected a valid slot” or something like that and the PG is 100% stuck there. Hope they will fix soon, I cannot believe such a bug could make its way live.

Thank you very much for the information)

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Darkmaul Citadel quest is still bugged. I cannot queue for the dungeon, all I get is a message “you have not selected a valid slot” or something like that and the PG is 100% stuck there. Hope they will fix soon, I cannot believe such a bug could make its way live.
    Hi, I had the same issue, but I was able to select the dungeon after disabling ElVui.