5+ Year Old Account

What's it like to get shot at/stabbed with?

What's it like to get shot at/stabbed with?

What I'm thinking:

"Your whole body goes numb. Or at least the area where you got shot/stabbed.
    You won't feel anything at first because your body will go into a shock state, at least for a certain period of time."

Get stabbed with a knife (sharp object): Those Scream movies, The Shining "Here's Johnny!"

Get shot with a bullet (gun): Any movie with guns in it duh, Scarface, Goodfellas, Gangsta movies, Godfather movies, War movies.

I've never been shot/stabbed. Nor have I any desire for it.

I was just wondering what it would be like.

I grew up on the tv show "COPS". That theme song. "Bad boys, Bad boys. Whatcha' gonna do when they come for you? Bad boys..."

I grew up in a nice neighborhood. I never once thought that anyone would come and kill me or a member of my family. That neighborhood gang. I didn't have any. Or at least to my knowledge growing up in childhood.

I never joined the army/military. I had no desire to join. And still have no desire to join.
    (because when you're in the army/military, there is a chance of getting shot, dying, getting killed.)

Has anyone on here ever been shot at with a gun/stabbed with a knife (sharp object)?

What's it like?

What's the feeling like?

What does it actually feel like to be shot with a gun/stabbed with a knife?

(the only guns I've known and actually held/touched is from a computer game called: Counter-strike.)

Last edited by monkfailz; 2020-10-17 at 01:34 PM.

*shrugs*
    Been shot at before.
    I don't believe I was the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come meet me at Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and I'll show you.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's scary. I have been shot at, stabbed and hit in the back of the head with a glancing blow from brass knuckles. Hurts like crazy.

The movies get it wrong a lot of times. But this is not a good topic to discuss on here.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been stabbed and shot, and speaking for myself and what I learned it depends on where you are stabbed or shot. Honestly it is NOTHING like the movies at all.

Between the two if I had to pick, I would go with being shot vs being stabbed, unless it's unless it's something not powerful enough to go through instead of traveling.

Being shot was pretty horrible, the thing of it was I didn't know I had been shot right away, I mean I knew a gun had been fired but for me my brain went foggy, due to the great amount of blood I lost. Then I felt it, it was like a burning sensation, mostly because I had been shot above the abdomen, then I felt another warm feeling of what felt like blood was pee, I pissed myself and later shit and vomited on myself. I was able to get to the hospital obviously, they put me out and removed the bullet.

No vital organs hit, and I scare but it was an in and out kind of situation.

Being stabbed was worse, because because oddly enough pretty much the same general area and a slice to my shoulder. Hurt like a bitch, I knew when both happened and I could feel the blade inside me the entire time, no pretty much the same situation as above. piss, no poop, plenty of vomiting.

That was my personal experience, during my recovery, I have learned from others in similar situations and some far far worse.

The real bitch is you can SURVIVE a lot, the problem is sometimes you can survive a lot longer than you really rather be. As to the pain, the pain can be somewhat of a liar. The worst kind of pain can actually keep you sort of alive.

It's the dull aching kind that moves very slowly that will kill you. Your body knows you're dying your brain gets the message sometimes later.

But over all I would describe both experiences as a between dull aching pain from a gun, and fucking burning on fire from being stabbed from a blade.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I've been shot. although it was paintball. did get me right on the adams apple though and gave me a rather noticeable bruise for a week or so

I also recently got stabbed with needles multiple times when doing my usual pin cushion impersonation for a blood test (I have awkward veins) but was in too much pain from the kidney stones to notice them

Way back when, an acquaintance of mine got hit by a .38 round nose bullet that went straight through the meat of the neck. (Lucky). He was grateful that it wasn't a .22 since a smaller caliber sometimes hit a bone and ricochets inside the body ripping it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Way back when, an acquaintance of mine got hit by a .38 round nose bullet that went straight through the meat of the neck. (Lucky). He was grateful that it wasn't a .22 since a smaller caliber sometimes hit a bone and ricochets inside the body ripping it up.
    Same thing may have happened if the .22 has a non hollow point ball projectile. The best ammo to use for self defense is one designed for such. The best for in home defense, is the one which has a fragmentation projectile. The round literally will fragment upon contact into a bunch of small fragments. Does a tremendous amount of damage, yet will not over penetrate and pass thru the target.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Same thing may have happened if the .22 has a non hollow point ball projectile. The best ammo to use for self defense is one designed for such. The best for in home defense, is the one which has a fragmentation projectile. The round literally will fragment upon contact into a bunch of small fragments. Does a tremendous amount of damage, yet will not over penetrate and pass thru the target.
    Fragmentation bullets are just evil.
    Because you know, shooting someone in the stomach won't stop him, you have to make sure that the bullet rips through pretty much all internal organs and cause as much damage as possible.
    That shit should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Fragmentation bullets are just evil.
    Because you know, shooting someone in the stomach won't stop him, you have to make sure that the bullet rips through pretty much all internal organs and cause as much damage as possible.
    That shit should be banned.
    Your just saying all bullets should be banned. I mean really, who doesn't notch a few bullets for near the same effect?

I was not shot at specifically, that is to say, no one was aiming at me. I have been out & about when gunfire occurred though. The first few times were scary. But at a certain point, like anything else, it becomes routine and instinctual. Depending on what city I was/am in and neighborhood I have a pretty good sense of how seriously to treat hearing gunfire. Whether I am gonna keep it moving or break. I grew up in Brooklyn in the mid to late 80s, lived in Miami, San Francisco/Oakland, and live in Chicago currently.

My father was shot; once during the Korean War (Upper arm/shoulder) and once in New York while arguing with some guy at a pool hall (hit in the side/stomach area). Both times he said it felt like being punched really hard in that area, followed by an acute burning sensation and then rapid coldness. He was also grazed by a bullet on his left-hand knuckle (Korea) that messed up his pinky pretty bad but it recovered over time. Said it wasn't a big deal till they told him his hand was bleeding.

I was accidentally stabbed in a kitchen with a pairing knife. In a professional kitchen, it is common practice to yell "Behind You" or even place a hand or forearm against someone's back/shoulder if possible at ALL TIMES you are passing by someone else. A Sous Chef was working in a tight space with a cook in the seafood fridge as I was getting a rack of clams out, I didn't hear the cook say 'behind you', and when I turned fully with the sheet tray the Sous Chef reacted quickly to catch me but it freaked me out and I did an about-face into the blade of the cook. I stabbed myself right in the forearm. It felt like nothing, hitting the floor hurt more. But it looked like the bloodbath scene in Carrie.

Did not require stitches. But the scar is tiny as only the tip of the knife stabbed me and then I fell over like an idiot.

Moral of the story; shout BEHIND YOU loudly so people can hear you ffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your just saying all bullets should be banned. I mean really, who doesn't notch a few bullets for near the same effect?
    Why are there different types of bullets, like fragmentation bullets, bullets that explode upon contact, if they are all the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Why are there different types of bullets, like fragmentation bullets, bullets that explode upon contact, if they are all the same?
    Fragmentation ammo, is excellent to use in a home invasion, when you are concerned about a round going thru a wall and injuring a family member or even a close neighbor. They are deigned not to do that, but still be effective in stopping the threat.

There are at least one state in the US, which bans hollow point ammo. Maryland? Or New Jersey? But the great majority do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It's scary. I have been shot at, stabbed and hit in the back of the head with a glancing blow from brass knuckles. Hurts like crazy.

The movies get it wrong a lot of times. But this is not a good topic to discuss on here.
    Right wouldn't want to actually discuss reality of being shot and consequences of guns....nope too real...
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Having been shot before, I'll tell you it's a moment of pure rage and humiliation while some German kid is making jokes about my mom and teabagging my corpse.

Oh . . . you mean in real life . . .
    Putin khuliyo

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I got stabbed whenever I was a teenager during a fight, it hurt absurdly bad. Even through adrenaline and shit, it was a radiating like pain I guess. Took a couple months to heal completely and it constantly felt like it was going to rip open at the stitches.

Got shot in my plates my first deployment. Floored me, but didn't really hurt all that much right away, by the next day I struggled to take a deep breath, and was black and blue across my torso.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I got stabbed whenever I was a teenager during a fight, it hurt absurdly bad. Even through adrenaline and shit, it was a radiating like pain I guess. Took a couple months to heal completely and it constantly felt like it was going to rip open at the stitches.

Got shot in my plates my first deployment. Floored me, but didn't really hurt all that much right away, by the next day I struggled to take a deep breath, and was black and blue across my torso.
    Thank you for your service. My son served 4 tours in Iraq. He was shot at multiple times, had rounds kick up the dirt/sand at his feet. But thank God was never hit. He was behind the first jeep in a convoy which hit a land mine and exploded, killing one in the jeep and injuring the other two very badly. So he had a lot of close calls.

He suffered from it mentally after he came home for a long time. Doing well now however.

5+ Year Old Account
    Shot at the abdomen, initial feeling is if a heavy weight champ landed his absolute best hit in the area, very blunt until you notice the bleeding after the initial shock then it's just radiating pain and burning sensation.

It's not pleasant. I had to fend off a knife attack which not only resulted in an actual stab wound but a bunch of cuts on my arm, elbow and fingers as I sought to push away the weapon itself. The worst part is the amount of blood. The pain isn't pleasant but it's the sight of blood spilling out of a wound that really addles the mind with panic. I'm extremely lucky since nothing vital was hit and I didn't suffer any lasting damage beyond some scarring that has mostly healed up or is out of sight.