Thread: Dark Runes

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    No. Either i come as a healer and have need for it already or even as another twink I wouldn't join, because this hunter would simply be an idiot, because it's common sense that the Healer has need for it or it's FFA. Or I join (as a healer) and let the group leader kick the hunter. As said before, it takes around 1 minute to find another dps. That's my entitlement... i mean common sense as a healer!

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No. Either i come as a healer and have need for it already or even as another twink I wouldn't join, because this hunter would simply be an idiot, because it's common sense that the Healer has need for it or it's FFA. Or I join (as a healer) and let the group leader kick the hunter. As said before, it takes around 1 minute to find another dps. That's my entitlement... i mean common sense as a healer!
    This isnt common sense - this is you saying "gimmie gimmie gimmie mine mine mine i want them or im not coming" that is entitlement. Common sense says everyone who contributed to the run has an equal right to loot, and just like the run cant exist without a healer, it cant exist without dps or a tank. You are being selfish, entitled, and extremely greedy, and all you are doing is trying to justify your greed.

Lets clarify something for you: Entitlement is the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. This is EXACTLY what you are saying. It has absolutely nothing to do with "common sense"
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-07 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This isnt common sense - this is you saying "gimmie gimmie gimmie mine mine mine i want them or im not coming" that is entitlement. Common sense says everyone who contributed to the run has an equal right to loot, and just like the run cant exist without a healer, it cant exist without dps or a tank. You are being selfish, entitled, and extremely greedy, and all you are doing is trying to justify your greed.

Lets clarify something for you: Entitlement is the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. This is EXACTLY what you are saying. It has absolutely nothing to do with "common sense"
    Theres such a thing as need over greed. Some specs can use, while others have built in mechanics that take the place of runes. If a healers needs the runes to use them, that trumps someone who wants them to sell. Its not entitlement.. Thats like saying its okay for everyone to need on every piece of gear that drops because they can vendor it.. historically, thats not how the loot system has functioned. Would you join a group that would give a ToEP to a warrior to vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Theres such a thing as need over greed. Some specs can use, while others have built in mechanics that take the place of runes. If a healers needs the runes to use them, that trumps someone who wants them to sell. Its not entitlement.. Thats like saying its okay for everyone to need on every piece of gear that drops because they can vendor it.. historically, thats not how the loot system has functioned. Would you join a group that would give a ToEP to a warrior to vendor?
    You do realize the person i am talking to sells them right? They say its their "payment" for healing the dungeon, and believe they are entitled to them over other specs that can also use them.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You do realize the person i am talking to sells them right? They say its their "payment" for healing the dungeon, and believe they are entitled to them over other specs that can also use them.
    Yes exactly. But this is the only reason i actually go into this dungeon, to get runes to sell them. And yes, i am entitled in this terms that i want to sell them. So what? As long as I say it before the run, why not? If they do not want, they can always look for another healer, it's not that i'm forcing them to take me there to heal the dungeon. And yes, i totally expect when i don't run there as a healer and another healer wants it to give it to him. Also it's not that i sell them all, sometimes when necessary i use them too, rarely but actually i do.

When a hunter that can farm easily everything else thinks he has need of it i do not join, and when in the dungeon where i said before that i need on them he goes need, i leave, simply as that. I don't see anything wrong with getting paid in runes when i run there. Just because you think that's not right or "the spirit of classic"; it's your believe, not mine. When i run it, i want them and i get them. For that i use my time to farm them and get the gold. So yes, i'm entitled to get them over other specs who can use them; because even if they can use them, they don't need them, because they can farm satyrs or simply buy them in the auction house. And because it's the reason i run this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Let's see you do bosses like Chromaggus or Huhuran without a tranq for their frequent enrages.
    do you think you need a god tier hunter for that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skulmar View Post
    They were obviously immediately kicked and replaced, but when I mentioned the incident in guild chat I was told that if they had been a healer (they weren't) this behavior would have been perfectly acceptable, as healers are supposed to get all of the runes.
    It wouldn't be. Anyone who is stating that healers withhold the right to act like children and rage in groups if they're not provided all of the Dark Runes are just feeding into bad player behaviour. Typically, if asked, you should allow the healers to take them - there are niche circumstances, such as Warlocks who are farming Demonic Runes for certain quests and craftables that have arguable preference - as they are needed for helping push content and healers have a much harder time farming Dark and Demonic runes.

However, healers by no means are owed or should expect to simply be handed them without checking with the group first.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I think it is courteous to pass Runes to good healers if they ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    as they are needed for helping push content
    And if he were in my Guild, and therefore -at all- relevant to me pushing content, i'd happily give them to him.

and healers have a much harder time farming Dark and Demonic runes.
    They really dont, not Demonic Runes at least. Which trigger the same CD as Dark runes, so theyre functionally the same. My full resto druid (with some points in Balance) can chain pull Demons in Ruins of Constellas 4+ at a time, pretty much indefinitely without ever going OOM. Moonfire, Insect Swarm, tab, repeat, rejuv, shift to bear, swipe swipe swipe, all dead. It actually goes faster than my warlock in most cases. A priest can literally just tab-DoT through them and hit them with like 1 smite and theyll die.

Maybe Shamans have a problem? But even if they just had a set of basic crafted/rep +spellpower gear to swap to, theyd be two-shotting the demons with Lightning Bolts.

But this whole "itz so hard to farm as a healuh" thing has to be put to bed. It really isn't. Is it slower than a dedicated DPS? Sure.

But we're not talking "half as fast" or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skulmar View Post
    I recently had a bad experience in Scholomance where someone demanded that they get all of the dark runes, and if we didn't capitulate they would ninja all of the gear. They were obviously immediately kicked and replaced, but when I mentioned the incident in guild chat I was told that if they had been a healer (they weren't) this behavior would have been perfectly acceptable, as healers are supposed to get all of the runes. Which made me wonder, why?

First off, anyone with a mana bar can make use of them.
    Second, they are BoE (and sell for 5-10g).
    Third, they are used as reagents for numerous pieces of crafted gear, as well as being required for the tier .5 quest chain.

So then, why would healers get priority? The best answer anyone in my guild could give me is because it is harder for healers to farm, and so they deserve the extra gold; but if that is the case, why does it only apply in Scholomance, and why shouldn't the tank also get extra rewards?

Anyone able to explain this rule to me?

There is no rule except if you make it a rule. 99% of all groups will give the runes to the healers but they should and usually will mention it in the LFM message.