Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They need to get of borrowed power!

I came back after years away. Been playing since the start of BC. Some specs feel awful. Enhance is ok with certain talent builds but terrible otherwise. Ret, still feels awful. Rest Shaman feels really bad. I wish they would focus more on the core of each spec. This game is so exhausting for non "meta" specs. I may just be done with WoW. The class balance is still awful. I can't go another 2 to 3 years with Mage, Rogue and Lock being there DPS while everyone else fights for middle bottom of the pack in class design.

Yeah I'm sick of the borrowed power crap. Got old after the cape and ring in Mists and Warlords.

Just a way to keep people on the sub wheel really. They keep logging in for that tidbit of AP like helpless addicts. Tragic really that they can't make any compelling game system anymore without it having to rely on expansion only powers.

Just quit. ActiBlizz hasn't given a shit about giving you a compelling experience for years now. Way better games out there that do.

Wow this is a new and compelling take that no one has ever seen before and was definitely an organic thought and not something that someone who watched hours and hours of Youtube content parroted verbatim from the most recent video they watched

Better get used to this cycle of reward systems because we are about to enter the third expansion with pretty much the same exact horizontal treadmills.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Wow this is a new and compelling take that no one has ever seen before and was definitely an organic thought and not something that someone who watched hours and hours of Youtube content parroted verbatim from the most recent video they watched
    Don't watch YouTube. Playing pre-patch. So many specs feel like garbage. Actually fix how awful classes play and stop using "borrowed power".

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Don't watch YouTube. Playing pre-patch. So many specs feel like garbage. Actually fix how awful classes play and stop using "borrowed power".
    Yeah it's definitely believable that you came up with the exact same terminology for the exact same systems as the community has been using for the exact same copy/pasted complaints for the last six+ months without ever engaging with that community. I've always wondered what people like you get out of posting stuff like this - is it attention? Are you just trying to boost your post count for whatever reason? It's fascinating

No they dont. They feel just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Yeah I'm sick of the borrowed power crap. Got old after the cape and ring in Mists and Warlords.

Just a way to keep people on the sub wheel really. They keep logging in for that tidbit of AP like helpless addicts. Tragic really that they can't make any compelling game system anymore without it having to rely on expansion only powers.

Just quit. ActiBlizz hasn't given a shit about giving you a compelling experience for years now. Way better games out there that do.
    So i should we also remove gear from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes... Hyperbole.... You're one of them I see who uses hyperbole to defend the game. Bye.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they do. It is quite subjective, you see. And AFAIK you don't lose a bunch of spells every time you replace your gear. Terrible strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, they do. It is quite subjective, you see. And AFAIK you don't lose a bunch of spells every time you replace your gear. Terrible strawman.
    What core class spells did you lost by lossing corruption, HoA and atzerite gear? And if feel of specs is subjective than you cant really say the feel horrible. Becouse its really just your opinion. if you will have entire wow playerbase complaining about it than you can say its fact but guess what. Most people are fine how classes feel and play.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes... Hyperbole.... You're one of them I see who uses hyperbole to defend the game. Bye.
    Its not hyperbole. You want to remove borrowed power what works exact same way as gear but somehow you want gear to stay even when its same thing. Also you clearly want to remove content from casual playerbase what has been asking for relevenant world content progression for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This. It's not fun losing a load of cool shit every expansion. Losing the azerite beam or not being able to use it anymore isn't fun. From what I gather you still can but only in non expansion areas.

I get maybe removing the odd spell or two but borrowed power has been going on for 8 years now. It's time to stop and actually invent interesting permanent solutions.

The problem with borrowed power and shit like this is it just makes class balance even more all over the place.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-17 at 10:24 PM.

This. It's not fun losing a load of cool shit every expansion. Losing the azerite beam or not being able to use it anymore isn't fun.

I get maybe removing the odd spell or two but borrowed power has been going on for 8 years now. It's time to stop and actually invent interesting permanent solutions.

The problem with borrowed power and shit like this is it just makes class balance even more all over the place.
    Do you know what also isnt fun? Having game bloated with skills. They cant keep adding new skills every single expansion or sustaion progression systems from older expansion. Game would break. So its eaither this or new class content every other 5th expansion. You have literaly people comcplaining that they have again way too many buttons for Shadowlands alredy.

Buzzword is buzzword.

They should bring back the bOrRoWeD PoWeR we had for 90% of this game's life, talking Tier set bonuses. "Borrowed power" is the cool thing to say for people with a strong case of ex-partner syndrome over this game. There was always a treadmill. Always shit you gave up and left behind. Always class design changes with each new expansion.

But by all means, focus on the buzzword of the expansion rather than actual issues, so that we can have a repeat of BfA to SL feedback rather than tangible changes in philosophy regarding classes. uNprUnE uS!!!

THANK YOU! Good to see others who won't subscribe to the buzzword of the expansion that the cool kids ("content" creators) came up with.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-17 at 10:43 PM.

I came back after years away. Been playing since the start of BC. Some specs feel awful. Enhance is ok with certain talent builds but terrible otherwise. Ret, still feels awful. Rest Shaman feels really bad. I wish they would focus more on the core of each spec. This game is so exhausting for non "meta" specs. I may just be done with WoW. The class balance is still awful. I can't go another 2 to 3 years with Mage, Rogue and Lock being there DPS while everyone else fights for middle bottom of the pack in class design.
    Resto shaman has changed very little since BC maybe it is you!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fix the classes" Is about as helpful as

"Hey this painting sucks"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What an original thread. I'm sure this is the first one of its kind and that I won't find like a fkton of threads with exactly the same topic if I'd use the infamous search function. Thx for enlightening the community OP.

Yeah it's definitely believable that you came up with the exact same terminology for the exact same systems as the community has been using for the exact same copy/pasted complaints for the last six+ months without ever engaging with that community. I've always wondered what people like you get out of posting stuff like this - is it attention? Are you just trying to boost your post count for whatever reason? It's fascinating
    settle down dude all he did was post his thoughts on the current state of classes,which hes entitled to do,dont like them dont reply and move on.you seem a little agitated if im honest.

Borrowed power is fine, we've had it since vanilla (tier sets).

The issue is the core class design philosophy underneath the borrowed power is poor. Base classes should feel good to play / whole *before* putting in these borrowed power systems.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry no sympathy at all. Pure DPS specs should always be higher than a class that bring a crazy amount of utility to a fight. Windfuy Totem alone is going to be huge in Shadowlands.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Sorry no sympathy at all. Pure DPS specs should always be higher than a class that bring a crazy amount of utility to a fight. Windfuy Totem alone is going to be huge in Shadowlands.
    That's ridiculous. There's no such thing as a "pure DPS spec" and a "utility DPS spec". There are just DPS specs. Each one has its own type of utility, the value of which will depend on the group and the content.