Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd 75k+ before and 4k now is more than 50%...........
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Its only relevant in time to kill not what dps you did before, so as long as things die in around the same time it doesnt really matter.

If that 4k dps you do now takes around the same time to kill something when you did 75k then you have not really lost anything have you.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Ok 50% is just a random number i pulled.. but with the retarded AOE cap, and the stupid number squish, i'm noticing a severe decrease in dps. Example was HFC-M solo mount run, it's taking longer than before. My prev. ilvl was 469 and is now 119, if this matters.
    You were 469 with corruptions to bump your dps even more. As Morpheus said to Neo: "Welcome to the real world".

Hunters are still some of the top dps.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what the point was supposed to be with your post. The idea of the squish is that numbers are reduced but nothing really changes in terms of difficulty. NPCs hp reduced equivalent of your dmg.

But not really surprising. The previous squish fucked everything up as well.
    except this aint true, the scaling is not equal, especially since we lost corruptions.

im a warlock, and i used to be able to pull like 10-15 packs ion heroic islands together then aoe and burst down. now even on normal 4-5 and i have a chance of dying...

we are so out of scale, and also so SOOOO mcuh weaker compared to everything without corruptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a definite difference in output, I don't know how much but I can tell. As someone else said Islands take just a bit longer then they used to. The corruptions being gone sorta hurts to. Its not horrible though.

And no SL is not a "Dumbsterfire"
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-10-18 at 01:19 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

i was able to solo mythic gul'dan on my hunter before corruptions existed, but now with gear that is better than that gear i had back then, i can't kill the illidan phase on my own because the parasites won't die unless i get really really lucky . the problem isnt just losing corruptions or other stuff. it's just that our powerlevels are relatively lower in general because there's just too much for them to balance. since shadowlands is a dumbsterfire already they can't really afford to spend much time on anything other than shadowlands related content.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It should be said that such drops in relative power have never happened within a prepatch before, and anyone who claims as much is blatantly lying. This is the first time we've ever experienced a massive stat squish combined with the total loss of a primary source of damage for 10 months. The MoP and BfA prepatches were nowhere near as jarring as this.

schwarzkopf has also brought up that it seems as though player health and damage has been reduced disproportionately compared to NPC health and damage, which I can't remember as large a discrepancy as what is noted as happening on previous stat squishes either.
    If you actually played mop then you will remember they had to do a balance patch almost straight after as most specs were unplayable. I agree that we have lost some relative power but it was nowhere near the shit show that 6.0 was
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ..no we understand fine
    Good then you will realise this doesn't happen on every prepatch... what happens on prepatch is a small reduction in power as borrowed power is removed.

What has happened this time is a MASSIVE reduction in power - with the borrowed power still there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Now post the new ability scaling, and comparative DPS.
    dps is around 3k compared to before it was around 60k dps trivial rotation with no extras (AB/ABar/AM for arcane mage) - i.e. around 1/20th of what it was[/QUOTE]

Mob health is 1/7th - resultant relative dps around 1/3 of what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    You have to compare relative power ... by looking at mob health as well.

It ends up being a net reduction of 1/3 of what it was before. That doesn't take into account how little health you have relative to mobs after the patch either.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-10-18 at 01:59 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And no SL is not a "Dumbsterfire"
    Well, it's not a dumpsterfire, but... i'm not sure i agree with you here.

"You're basically a level 50 twink."

Yup. That sounds correct to me. Prepatch squishes are nothing new, as many have already mentioned.

Some squishes felt no significant impact, some felt extraordinarily awful (bfa).

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    RELATIVE DPS is massively lower now...

The numbers - my health is 26 times lower, my power is 21 times lower and the MOB health/pwer is only 7 times lower.

That means that my relative DPS is 3 times lower and the MOB's relative dps is almost 4 times higher.

Specifically BfA elites 1-2M health tested here.

For comparison - the last iLvl squish my effective DPS was around 30-40% lower.

Comparison example (no corruption before or after):

Why does it show you being level 122 in the “ before “ example ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    The main reason, the primary reason for this is that you review the image and realise that my gnome is not called Bloodmaw

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Ok 50% is just a random number i pulled.. but with the retarded AOE cap, and the stupid number squish, i'm noticing a severe decrease in dps. Example was HFC-M solo mount run, it's taking longer than before. My prev. ilvl was 469 and is now 119, if this matters.
    Nice that's awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Level squish is balanced around level 60.
    Literally the only thing that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    Nice that's awesome!!
    No its awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    That's not him lol, its the npc.

It should be said that such drops in relative power have never happened within a prepatch before, and anyone who claims as much is blatantly lying.
    This has happened with all the squish prepatches since legion.
    If you go back in time you can find 100's of threads posting that, as you say, "relatively" we lost more power and mobs only lost like "x" amount of health.
    Later on they just nerfed mobs IIRC.

Keep in mind, as others have stated, the new level cap is 60. We are currently stuck at 50. Mobs in Legion raids range from about 45-47 in level, meaning we aren’t 10 levels about them but at most 5.
    So, while you haven’t really been nerfed, it’s just you aren’t max level where the valance is at.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be said that such drops in relative power have never happened within a prepatch before
    That's because no prepatch has reduced Level and Ilvl scaling at the same time. So it doesn't matter what you think is relative, because it's a different situation to all previous prepatches as well. Comparing them to allow yourself to get angry is asinine.

actualy its more than 50%,i think the stats is that you are doing 4-5% of the dmg you did before,dont see how this is odd...its a stat squish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Keep in mind, as others have stated, the new level cap is 60. We are currently stuck at 50. Mobs in Legion raids range from about 45-47 in level, meaning we aren’t 10 levels about them but at most 5.
    So, while you haven’t really been nerfed, it’s just you aren’t max level where the valance is at.
    the level difference in power is also ajusted,10 lvls difference before vs old content could be just 2 lvls now

You must be new to WoW, OP. Congrats on your first expansion! Exciting stuff!