Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    actualy its more than 50%,i think the stats is that you are doing 4-5% of the dmg you did before,dont see how this is odd...its a stat squish

- - - Updated - - -

the level difference in power is also ajusted,10 lvls difference before vs old content could be just 2 lvls now
    But it’s obviously not or we wouldn’t be having these issues. It’s not just the AoE 5 cap. There is a definite difference in damage output. This is obvious to anyone who cleared old raids and notice how much longer it takes to kill bosses now. Staying alive isnt an issue (except bosses with mechanics like Nythendra in mythic EN), but you can definitely see the difference in how long it takes to kill them now.
    Also, keep in mind, these mobs were gray in level comparison, and many could be skipped, before the squish. They are now green and necessary to pull.
    I can’t remember how much of a level difference before things turn gray, but with the squish I’m guessing it will be around level 53-55 before we get back to bosses dying as quickly as they had been.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Ok 50% is just a random number i pulled.. but with the retarded AOE cap, and the stupid number squish, i'm noticing a severe decrease in dps. Example was HFC-M solo mount run, it's taking longer than before. My prev. ilvl was 469 and is now 119, if this matters.
    The expansion is far from done. The balance is way off and the prepatch should not have come out now.
    Blizzard is just in panic-mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But it’s obviously not or we wouldn’t be having these issues. It’s not just the AoE 5 cap. There is a definite difference in damage output. This is obvious to anyone who cleared old raids and notice how much longer it takes to kill bosses now. Staying alive isnt an issue (except bosses with mechanics like Nythendra in mythic EN), but you can definitely see the difference in how long it takes to kill them now.
    Also, keep in mind, these mobs were gray in level comparison, and many could be skipped, before the squish. They are now green and necessary to pull.
    I can’t remember how much of a level difference before things turn gray, but with the squish I’m guessing it will be around level 53-55 before we get back to bosses dying as quickly as they had been.
    Oh yeah,i know the tuning wasnt done perfectly,it also proly has something to do with those raids needing to be kept at an apropriate base power as to not be soloable by people just lvling lol....but its not like this will stay this way,they could maybe even fix it in the pre patch and surely by the time you lvl in sl and get 60 gear,the jump in power from you at 50 now and when you are 60 in some epics will be huge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The expansion is far from done. The balance is way off and the prepatch should not have come out now.
    every pre patch has been an unbalanced mess,in legion locks were doing double dmg than others,in wrath i think it was,people had more talents to put in to abilities that were never intented do be had by one character at the same time

Oh yeah,i know the tuning wasnt done perfectly,it also proly has something to do with those raids needing to be kept at an apropriate base power as to not be soloable by people just lvling lol....but its not like this will stay this way,they could maybe even fix it in the pre patch and surely by the time you lvl in sl and get 60 gear,the jump in power from you at 50 now and when you are 60 in some epics will be huge

- - - Updated - - -

every pre patch has been an unbalanced mess,in legion locks were doing double dmg than others,in wrath i think it was,people had more talents to put in to abilities that were never intented do be had by one character at the same time
    For sure. I wasn’t trying to argue that, just stating that right now there is a definite drop in power because things aren’t balanced like they were when we were level 120.
    It sucks for now because I was running BRF and Nighthold on multiple difficulties because they were so fast and roughly 2K gold a run. With the nerf to item value in BRF, and the disparity in power level until we level/gear up in SL making Legion raids take longer solo, I don’t really have a want to keep running them for now.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except this aint true, the scaling is not equal, especially since we lost corruptions.

im a warlock, and i used to be able to pull like 10-15 packs ion heroic islands together then aoe and burst down. now even on normal 4-5 and i have a chance of dying...

we are so out of scale, and also so SOOOO mcuh weaker compared to everything without corruptions.
    That is,because aoe cap changed not damage

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    For sure. I wasn’t trying to argue that, just stating that right now there is a definite drop in power because things aren’t balanced like they were when we were level 120.
    It sucks for now because I was running BRF and Nighthold on multiple difficulties because they were so fast and roughly 2K gold a run. With the nerf to item value in BRF, and the disparity in power level until we level/gear up in SL making Legion raids take longer solo, I don’t really have a want to keep running them for now.
    Should try boosting for gold,its far better,raids,m+ or visions(well not anymore ofc),and if you are not much for social interaction,an idea i got from this cromie time,get a char to 49 lock its xp,and just do all the quests,they give a fair bit of gold,and random grey weapon rewards in starting zones sell for 50g

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Corruption did not account for 50% of my dmg. Not even close. This is purely a squish fuckup.
    Hmmm, dps on several of my alts more than doubled when I had their corruption set up properly. Most of them where in the 100-110 corruption level pre-squish.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Hmmm, dps on several of my alts more than doubled when I had their corruption set up properly.
    The most I could get from any corruption was around 1-2%, for example I had 3 + 2 of TD on in a WM run ... and it hadn't proced ONCE for half of the instance.

IS didn't fair much better - the tendrils the best ... but no more than 1-2%.

It is because they proc off casts ... and most of my casts were once every 2 seconds.

I had 135 corruption resistance ... and just stacked crit or mastery to make it look impressive

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Hmmm, dps on several of my alts more than doubled when I had their corruption set up properly. Most of them where in the 100-110 corruption level pre-squish.
    thats literaly imposible,even at the peak of its power infinite star was only doing about 40% of your damage,that was the strongest corruption at one point,and it was nerfed...a 100%+ increase would maybe be posible if you had really low gear and got some high ranks of stuff that dont scale from ilvl

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I wish Blizzard had waited till we were at least no more than 4 weeks away from SL release. I don't really mind the squish; I wasn't doing much other than wpvp, but still... Feels amateurish to have released the pre-patch so early*.

*assuming its early cause we still haven't heard a release date.

- - - Updated - - -

thats literaly imposible,even at the peak of its power infinite star was only doing about 40% of your damage,that was the strongest corruption at one point,and it was nerfed...a 100%+ increase would maybe be posible if you had really low gear and got some high ranks of stuff that dont scale from ilvl
    And yet it was true.

Yeah, I wish Blizzard had waited till we were at least no more than 4 weeks away from SL release. I don't really mind the squish; I wasn't doing much other than wpvp, but still... Feels amateurish to have released the pre-patch so early*.

*assuming its early cause we still haven't heard a release date.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet it was true.
    and yet some proof would be nice,also in what scenario?purely singletarget that simply isnt the case for anyone,in aoe a twilight proc would do that yeah....but it falls off over time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The most I could get from any corruption was around 1-2%, for example I had 3 + 2 of TD on in a WM run ... and it hadn't proced ONCE for half of the instance.

IS didn't fair much better - the tendrils the best ... but no more than 1-2%.

It is because they proc off casts ... and most of my casts were once every 2 seconds.

I had 135 corruption resistance ... and just stacked crit or mastery to make it look impressive
    Dam, and I do mean dam. My warlock and arms warrior in particular.... night and day once they were set up properly. Note: this is looking at them with absolutely no corruption and then looking at them with over 100 corruption.

And yet it was true.
    Yeah ... of course it was. Anyway - the point is, that not all classes/specs got any significant benefit from corruption.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

7+ Year Old Account
    and yet some proof would be nice,also in what scenario?purely singletarget that simply isnt the case for anyone,in aoe a twilight proc would do that yeah....but it falls off over time
    Yeah I thought about posting some logs from back in May/June and then some logs from July/August but..... yeah, nah.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah ... of course it was.
    *nods*

Anyway - the point is, that not all classes/specs got any significant benefit from corruption.
    Yeah, thats true. Just looking at my ret pali numbers, the increase was maybe 10-15%.

Yeah ... of course it was. Anyway - the point is, that not all classes/specs got any significant benefit from corruption.
    the strongest corruptions were actualy the stats ones,a little harder to gaige those,need more extensive detailed testing for those

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except this aint true, the scaling is not equal, especially since we lost corruptions.

im a warlock, and i used to be able to pull like 10-15 packs ion heroic islands together then aoe and burst down. now even on normal 4-5 and i have a chance of dying...

we are so out of scale, and also so SOOOO mcuh weaker compared to everything without corruptions.
    Did you stick your head under a rock for the last 6 months and completely ignore aoe damage caps? If you pull 15 mobs and only hit 5 of them at a time with your spells your dps will be, surprise surpsie, 1/3 of what you're expecting it to be. And they won't die and you will.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

the strongest corruptions were actualy the stats ones
    I just did the basic maths on the values ... ended up with +10% crit (up to 35%) over all and around 4% extra mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing has been remotly close to this and you were generally occupied with the extra content the prepatch came with.
    Now, the added events aren't even done and neither are the class changes or the expansions main content for that matter.

Log on to the beta and see for youself. This game is not ready for release this year. Not even close to it.

Nothing has been remotly close to this and you were generally occupied with the extra content the prepatch came with.
    Now, the added events aren't even done and neither are the class changes or the expansions main content for that matter.

Log on to the beta and see for youself. This game is not ready for release this year. Not even close to it.
    Im not doubting its not ready,thats why its delayed,but its simply exagerated to say its never been this bad,class balance for the pre patch i mean,its been way worse in the past,like i said locks doing more than double the dmg of the next guy,shaman 1 shoting dungeon bosses in legion with archi trinket and artefact(this was in the live game but it was basicaly a pre patch-like situation of one trinket interacting extremly with a new system)

This game is not ready for release this year. Not even close to it.
    Well - I must be playing a different Beta ... no significant hitches that I've found. Just a few cinematics to plug in, and some tuning of a few things and they are good to go.