Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The expansion is far from done. The balance is way off and the prepatch should not have come out now.
    Blizzard is just in panic-mode.
    Come on man your conspirazy stuff is going downhill. I need some more doomsday quotes from people who would have been permabanned in a proper forum
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-10-18 at 07:59 AM.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

How are you a member of this site since 7 years and are surprised by this kind of thing?

Probably just another it's weekend and i'm bored thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bm hunters went from having cooldowns up every pull, with uncapped aoe, to no longer having cds up every pull and capped aoe. And dps is lower??? Strange!

Oh, and the squish means you're 10 levels lower in power when soloing old shit. It'll be back to normal at max level. As intended.

Hard to understand, it seems. OP throws his arms around the 1/100 who agrees with him. Doesn't appear to be able to change his flawed views even though 99/100 has pointed it out.

Strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Yeah I thought about posting some logs from back in May/June and then some logs from July/August but..... yeah, nah.

- - - Updated - - -

*nods*

Yeah, thats true. Just looking at my ret pali numbers, the increase was maybe 10-15%.
    A mastery stacked ret pala actually did good damage. 10-15%? Are your highest content LFR or something? What. A properly geared retpala could do more than twice the damage of one without corruption. Probably even more.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    That is,because aoe cap changed not damage
    I am a Destro lock. We do not have aoe cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The most I could get from any corruption was around 1-2%, for example I had 3 + 2 of TD on in a WM run ... and it hadn't proced ONCE for half of the instance.

IS didn't fair much better - the tendrils the best ... but no more than 1-2%.

It is because they proc off casts ... and most of my casts were once every 2 seconds.

I had 135 corruption resistance ... and just stacked crit or mastery to make it look impressive
    Lolol then you just sucked. Cause most people got like 3-6% damage from each corruption. Even more from the higher ones. My damage doubled from having expedient capped our (every piece rank 3 expedient, but then a rank 1 on my offhand)

And some people only had like 3 or 4 corruptions but they were TD max rank and that alone was 20% of their dps. 70% if they were tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Bm hunters went from having cooldowns up every pull, with uncapped aoe, to no longer having cds up every pull and capped aoe. And dps is lower??? Strange!

Oh, and the squish means you're 10 levels lower in power when soloing old shit. It'll be back to normal at max level. As intended.

Hard to understand, it seems. OP throws his arms around the 1/100 who agrees with him. Doesn't appear to be able to change his flawed views even though 99/100 has pointed it out.

Strange.

- - - Updated - - -

A mastery stacked ret pala actually did good damage. 10-15%? Are your highest content LFR or something? What. A properly geared retpala could do more than twice the damage of one without corruption. Probably even more.
    Not all BM hunter abilities are capped. Stomp and stampede have no cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Did you stick your head under a rock for the last 6 months and completely ignore aoe damage caps? If you pull 15 mobs and only hit 5 of them at a time with your spells your dps will be, surprise surpsie, 1/3 of what you're expecting it to be. And they won't die and you will.
    I'm a warlock. We don't have aoe caps.
    I literally mention that in the post
    Maybe get it through your head mate.
    (Well we do on demo but im not talking demo.)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ILolol then you just sucked.
    I think you misunderstood corruption effects - there was no player agency in them at all, they were RNG effects that proc'ed off casts.

Please tell me how I should have acted differently to make TD proc ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you misunderstood corruption effects - there was no player agency in them at all, they were RNG effects that proc'ed off casts.

Don't run bad corruptions, I guess.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account

get more, aim them better, stop aiming them away from enemies.
    get corruptions that are good for your class/spec, dont run TD on a class with low Hp or long range.
    If your TD procs were only 1-2% of your damage, you were doing something insanely wrong.

Don't run bad corruptions, I guess.
    I didn't - finally gave up on TD, IS and tendrils and went for stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    aim them better, stop aiming them away from enemies.
    Aim what ... the thing never proc'ed.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

We all feel underpowered now.
    We are no longer the canon heroes that killed N'zoth. Just some random heroes that lost everything.

But worry not! We will temporarily feel heroic again in a few months when the Gods that code our universe wills it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    That's because no prepatch has reduced Level and Ilvl scaling at the same time. So it doesn't matter what you think is relative, because it's a different situation to all previous prepatches as well. Comparing them to allow yourself to get angry is asinine.
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but whether this specific event happened in any previous prepatch is entirely irrelevant. The problem is that it feels awful because we have lost relative power, not because stats and levels have been squished. Previous squishes did not feel this bad because relative power was sort-of maintained, whereas now a players ability to actually do content is substantially slower.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but whether this specific event happened in any previous prepatch is entirely irrelevant. The problem is that it feels awful because we have lost relative power, not because stats and levels have been squished. Previous squishes did not feel this bad because relative power was sort-of maintained, whereas now a players ability to actually do content is substantially slower.
    As I said, comparing them is asinine.

7+ Year Old Account
    A mastery stacked ret pala actually did good damage. 10-15%? Are your highest content LFR or something?
    Tempted to ignore cause of the douche bag toxic tone: Are your highest content LFR hur dur? Fucking hate that juvenile shit.

Anyway, only ever raided Heroic and the first 3 bosses of Mythic on my Pali. But, Ret was my off spec that I very rarely played in raids. The pali was by far mainly holy. While he had a decent set of gear for ret (high 460s) a lack of playing as that spec certainly had something to do with my output. Looking at a couple of his later parses he was averaging about 60-65k dps which I think was maybe 50th percentile. His parses from June were at ~40k; along with having no corruption at that time, his ret gear may have been a bit lower at that point though, not sure.

What. A properly geared retpala could do more than twice the damage of one without corruption. Probably even more.
    I don't doubt it. Other people in this thread disagree with the notion.

I like the slower pace and harder content.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I'd prefer to not be weaker at the end of the expansion than I was at the start ... doing the same content.

In the MMO Champion's "BlizzCon 2019 - Developer Interview" Blizzard stated the following: "There will not be a stat squish. It's very important that players feel just as powerful when they log in to play the expansion."

You can read this here: LINK

Despite the sat squish (which also happened) the players should feel as powerful as before according to the quoted statement. However testing with a world boss in 9.0 it seems it's not really true.

In patch 8.3 a world boss (which introduced in 8.0) was took about 2 min to kill, while in patch 9.0 it takes almost 8 minutes.

All in all it seems players became much more weaker than its intended.

You can see this in this video:

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Come on man your conspirazy stuff is going downhill. I need some more doomsday quotes from people who would have been permabanned in a proper forum
    What are you talking about? Blizzard themsleves think the same. Thats why the expansion is delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Im not doubting its not ready,thats why its delayed,but its simply exagerated to say its never been this bad,class balance for the pre patch i mean,its been way worse in the past,like i said locks doing more than double the dmg of the next guy,shaman 1 shoting dungeon bosses in legion with archi trinket and artefact(this was in the live game but it was basicaly a pre patch-like situation of one trinket interacting extremly with a new system)
    Warriors actually do more damage at lvl 50 than at 60 with covenants and legendaries...

- - - Updated - - -

Well - I must be playing a different Beta ... no significant hitches that I've found. Just a few cinematics to plug in, and some tuning of a few things and they are good to go.
    Blizzard does not agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    As I said, comparing them is asinine.
    Sorry, I just don't quite understand how comparing the relative player experience - which will be impacted by changes to player power - between two events - such as a patch - is silly. That's like someone saying "I really enjoyed playing the Crash Bandicoot remaster, but did not like Warcraft 3: Reforged" and then a Pedant Peter coming in and saying "Well it's asinine to compare your experience between those two games, because they're not exactly the same."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I wouldn't mind it if that had been the case for a long time, but it's jarring when it occurs overnight.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I'd prefer to not be weaker at the end of the expansion than I was at the start ... doing the same content.
    This isnt really the "end" of BfA though. This is the very beginning of Shadowlands. Damage is tuned around endgame, not what is by all accounts outdated content.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I just don't quite understand how comparing the relative player experience - which will be impacted by changes to player power - between two events - such as a patch - is silly. That's like someone saying "I really enjoyed playing the Crash Bandicoot remaster, but did not like Warcraft 3: Reforged" and then a Pedant Peter coming in and saying "Well it's asinine to compare your experience between those two games, because they're not exactly the same."

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't mind it if that had been the case for a long time, but it's jarring when it occurs overnight.
    You would have known this wqas happening for a while now though. You had months upon months of being in the endgame of BfA, loads of time to sit around at the peak of what your class was able to accomplish in an expansion, but now that expansion is over, we are now in Shadowlands, and the numbers are tuned around a new endgame.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You would have known this wqas happening for a while now though. You had months upon months of being in the endgame of BfA, loads of time to sit around at the peak of what your class was able to accomplish in an expansion, but now that expansion is over, we are now in Shadowlands, and the numbers are tuned around a new endgame.
    Which is not at all relevant. If you are told that in 3 months you would be stabbed in the thigh, you've had years to experience life with an unstabbed thigh, it's still going to be jarring when you get stabbed in the thigh. Sudden massive changes are jarring, regardless of whether you had known the changes were coming, and especially when you have had almost a year of playing at peak performance to suddenly have that diminished. Additionally, I believe Blizzard had said that relative power should be about the same, but this is not at all the case.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't - finally gave up on TD, IS and tendrils and went for stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Aim what ... the thing never proc'ed.
    then that is you fault, cause it procced all the time.