Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Leveling experience is good now.

Just finished my leveling from 1-50 on my warlock, took me 20h in-game of which a couple hours were idling and fixing my broken addons.

I have to say, leveling is pretty fun now. I chose not to use heirlooms because other than these minuscules buffs they provide it wasn't worth the excitement of getting new loot every now and then from Dungeons or Quests. The best part is the pacing of the level ups, it feels steady and there is no big bump of XP required to get to the next lvl up. Also, the abilities and talents unlock regularly every 1-2 levels, so there is always a new tool to look forward to. They should keep leveling like this and, if necessary, never go beyond lvl 60 again. It feels just about right at this place.

Your thoughts?

I agree, I just got a LFD to 50 for the heritage armor in 18 hours and now i'm working on a Kul Tiran druid to unlock Highmountain, then i'm going to run a Highmountain through BfA Horde side to unlock Zandalari, Mag'har and Vulpera. It'll be the first time i've gotten a horde character to max level after a half dozen alliance characters.

Just the abilities pretty much every level to max feels a ton better.
    I'm a thread killer.

It can be a little jarring if you haven't read up on it prior, in particular the whole booting you out of Chromie time at 50 (honestly feels like a warning should trigger at level 49 that informs you of XP pause option to finish campaign). But aside from that, and a few other teething problems, I think it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I agree, I just got a LFD to 50 for the heritage armor in 18 hours and now i'm working on a Kul Tiran druid to unlock Highmountain, then i'm going to run a Highmountain through BfA Horde side to unlock Zandalari, Mag'har and Vulpera. It'll be the first time i've gotten a horde character to max level after a half dozen alliance characters.

Just the abilities pretty much every level to max feels a ton better.
    Yeah we get something each level and it feels super fluid. It's fun to level now. I'll start levelling characters to unlock heritage armors later on ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Yeah we get something each level and it feels super fluid. It's fun to level now. I'll start levelling characters to unlock heritage armors later on ^^
    I am even gonna level up a monk now, just because the experience was so good. It's the last class I never played before. xD Obviously he's gonna be a cliché big Panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am even gonna level up a monk now, just because the experience was so good. It's the last class I never played before. xD Obviously he's gonna be a cliché big Panda!
    Just a heads up, the XP bonus for monks was changed. It now grants rested XP rather than increasing XP gains for an hour.

The leveling experience itself is great, i agree. Dungeons feel a bit jarring though. Everything takes ages to kill, but it's still really easy, so you just stand there for 5 minutes without ever really having to pay attention to anything, just watching hp bars sloooooowly go down.

Edit: Also, i really don't like the removal of the satchel of helpful goods. Between that, almost no gear quest rewards, and almost no drops from dungeons, i think i haven't gotten a new piece of gear in about 25 levels now.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2020-10-18 at 11:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been leveling a Nightborne mage through MoP and I am having a blast. Nice seeing so many others out doing the same as well. Chromie time and the level squish was definitely a much needed change. Getting new abilities frequently really makes it feel less of a slog.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit too fast for me, i felt no connection to my character as it was max level before i knew it, feels the same way when i used the free boosts we got.

Levelling through zones i would have out levelled previously is great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    A bit too fast for me, i felt no connection to my character as it was max level before i knew it, feels the same way when i used the free boosts we got.

Levelling through zones i would have out levelled previously is great though.
    I feel the same.

I just leveled an alt. I felt it was over before it even started. It felt something was missing.

I would like the option to extend it. It takes roughly one expansion worth of content to get to 50lvl. I would like an option to extend that to two or something.

Generally speaking it was relatively ok, though. Since this is the case, its probably considered success by blizz and they won't touch it until they feel like they need to fix something that isn't broken like usual.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I feel the same.

I just leveled an alt. I felt it was over before it even started. It felt something was missing.

I would like the option to extend it. It takes roughly one expansion worth of content to get to 50lvl. I would like an option to extend that to two or something.

Generally speaking it was relatively ok, though. Since this is the case, its probably considered success by blizz and they won't touch it until they feel like they need to fix something that isn't broken like usual.
    Can I ask which expansion you did? Because I can imagine the originally 5lvl expansions can feel rather short compared to the 10lvl ones in terms of content.

This first alt that I made to test it, was an allied race which start at 10lvl. I did cata revamped ek+kalimdor. Then again exiles reach doesnt take too much time so, i feel the actual leveling time is for allied races and old races about the same. Difference is an hour or something to do exiles reach.

Right now i'm testing those 5lvl expansions, that being mop. Seems roughly the same speed as far as feeling goes. Havent actually timed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    This first alt that I made to test it, was an allied race which start at 10lvl. I did cata revamped ek+kalimdor.

Right now i'm testing those 5lvl expansions, that being mop. Seems roughly the same speed as far as feeling goes. Havent actually timed it.
    I see.
    I think MoP might be one of the longest of the 5lvl expansions too considering it has so many zones and quite a bit of travelling time, especially if you don't use flying but stick to the ground experience as originally intended. Cata is the opposite since you had flying from the start. And Wotlk is a hybrid with flying from originally lvl77 in Storm's Peak and Icecrown.
    I always thought Cata was the fastest of the 3, even back then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just like the fact that I don't have to do required level areas anymore. You know 1-60 EK and Kali, 60-80 TBC/Wrath, 80-90 MOP/Cata You get my point. You can now level where ever the fuck you want. I personally like that and it also helps that the level squish has made things faster

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same.

to be fair it's only meant to take one expansion to get to level 50. you could always turn off xp gains

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Just finished my leveling from 1-50 on my warlock, took me 20h in-game of which a couple hours were idling and fixing my broken addons.

I have to say, leveling is pretty fun now. I chose not to use heirlooms because other than these minuscules buffs they provide it wasn't worth the excitement of getting new loot every now and then from Dungeons or Quests. The best part is the pacing of the level ups, it feels steady and there is no big bump of XP required to get to the next lvl up. Also, the abilities and talents unlock regularly every 1-2 levels, so there is always a new tool to look forward to. They should keep leveling like this and, if necessary, never go beyond lvl 60 again. It feels just about right at this place.

Your thoughts?
    my thought is leveling in retail feels disgusting atm.

got 10-50 in 7 hours. it should have never been possible

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

disguested with what blizzard did to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

Leveling is an outdated and boring concept. Be glad it's still there at all instead of being removed completely like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

What did you level through? And what did you play?

Also i'm an easily distracted person.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Leveling is an outdated and boring concept. Be glad it's still there at all instead of being removed completely like it should be.

Not sure if troll or serious ? RPG. Role Playing Game. It's all about character progression and, well, leveling duh.
    Even good ol' D&D Board Game is about leveling. Hell, friggin MTG added leveling with their planeswalker.
    All JRPGs have leveling, every MMORPG has leveling, even more action-paced games like The Division has leveling.
    I suspect some kind of trolling here

Yea it's good. Monster tuning is mostly good as well except some dungeons. As of today, Vortex Pinnacle dungeon is insanely hard for a levelling dungeon. I do love the flow of levelling though. I love that it's sandboxy now - you can always go change chromie time to some other expansion.