Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Tbh I never really cared for the garrison mission table. I heard people managed to make a lot of gold back in the day with these. I never cared. Maybe that's why people still enjoy them tho because free loot/gold. I stopped doing them as soon as they become irrelevant with the story line etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubpwn View Post
    Since plenty of people have stated how it is optional so it's okay I'll provide a counter.

The biggest issue with the WoW in general for the past few expansions has been content bloat. That is there are too many features yet nothing to do because it's all boring "optional" content that people will defend with their lives because of that fact. Mission tables, expeditions, warfronts, garrisons, order halls, all of it feels sorta half-assed then forgotten about. It's exhausting.
    You raise a good point. As an example, while there's definitely people who enjoyed archaeology (myself included), it was decided that Shadowlands would feature no new archaeology projects because the development time required to make something compelling was too much. Now of course we don't know what kind of resources it requires to put a mission table into the game, but Blizzard clearly still see it as something worth putting time into.

You have to wonder what these little systems that combine to a decent amount of bloat actually take to put in the game, & what could've been done instead. I don't mind the mission tables, & I enjoyed archaeology, but I wonder what the devs would do with that time if neither system were implemented & the time could be spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    You raise a good point. As an example, while there's definitely people who enjoyed archaeology (myself included), it was decided that Shadowlands would feature no new archaeology projects because the development time required to make something compelling was too much. Now of course we don't know what kind of resources it requires to put a mission table into the game, but Blizzard clearly still see it as something worth putting time into.

You have to wonder what these little systems that combine to a decent amount of bloat actually take to put in the game, & what could've been done instead. I don't mind the mission tables, & I enjoyed archaeology, but I wonder what the devs would do with that time if neither system were implemented & the time could be spent elsewhere.
    You also have to consider, what teams work on which project: If the profession team cuts back on Archeology, it doesn't mean, that those are newly freed resources, that can go to class balance or encounter design.

Just like pet battles i believe that the mission table is actually handled by the UI team, so cutting that feature most likely wouldn't help improving f.e. quest design or raid encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    You also have to consider, what teams work on which project: If the profession team cuts back on Archeology, it doesn't mean, that those are newly freed resources, that can go to class balance or encounter design.

Just like pet battles i believe that the mission table is actually handled by the UI team, so cutting that feature most likely wouldn't help improving f.e. quest design or raid encounters.
    Aye indeed. All we can really do is speculate as only Blizzard will know who works on what & how much time each system takes to develop & implement, but if Blizzard think that the time spent on the mission table is worthwhile & archaeology isn't, well, I trust their judgement to make that call.

Hi. I like minigames in the WoW app. They have the data on how much this stuff gets used, even as optional as it is, and so we continue to get it. It's not universally hated.

its very cheap content to create for which you dont need real developers expensive time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Aye indeed. All we can really do is speculate as only Blizzard will know who works on what & how much time each system takes to develop & implement, but if Blizzard think that the time spent on the mission table is worthwhile & archaeology isn't, well, I trust their judgement to make that call.
    This.

Tbh, I'd rather Blizzard give Archeology a break for one expansion and figure out what to do with it, while focussing their profession team on the main proffs, than having another round of the same uninspired system, that is in place since cata. I really love the concept of archeology, but the implementation of it in-game is well... you know ... not that great to say the least.

With the mission table i assume it's either mission table or bust. I don't think you can just take an UI dev and put him in the class or encounter team. Also, it's not like the mission table is an essential part of your power progression.

i think the table was fine in BFA, where i ignored it for most of the expansion but it was occasionally a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post

It does but it takes more steps than just moving one employee to another department. Using your example, the professions team wouldn't just have to cut back on archeology but they would need to fire someone. That's what it comes down to with content bloat, it's likely correlated with employee bloat, Blizzard is much larger than it used to be.

Mission tables are bad and the people that designed and continue to work on them need to be fired if they can not simply be moved to another project, the same can be said for any bad feature in the game. It is not an acceptable excuse If the employees working on bad features can not be shifted to new projects, they simply need to be trained or let go so that the budget that went to their salary CAN be used in other departments.
    Last edited by Nubpwn; 2020-10-27 at 06:53 PM.

I'm fine with it, it will be automated with a mod and I'll have something to do on my phone. Is it fun? Not really. Do you benefit from doing it still? Yeah, probably a little but not enough if you don't like it. Is it mandatory for players to keep doing? Not in the slightest. It won't put you ahead of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    .....its literally inconsequential if you do it or not so whats the big deal? this is like pretty much all content in the game. you dont like rading? dont do it. etc etc

Honestly, I don't mind them but they are definitely not needed.

I liked the WoD Mission Tables.
    The only part i did not like where those stupid " do 5 of these missions to get the next quest for the story" tasks... some of them took 24 hours... horrible horrible horrible