Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hallow's End 2020

Hallow's End 2020
    Hallow's End is now live again from October 18th to November 1st. This event celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge. Innkeepers across Azeroth will give out candy, or tricks to whomever asks.

Changes in 2020
    • Headless Horseman rings are now 82 item level.
    • Loot-Filled Pumpkin can now be obtained only by characters level 45-50.

Changes in previous years

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It’s time for Tricky Treats, costumes, and—of course—the return of the Headless Horseman during this year’s Hallow’s End!

Hallow’s End celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge.
    Fun and mischief reign as the Innkeepers of Azeroth give treats, and tricks, to whomever asks.

The spookiest time of year has arrived once more, and the Headless Horseman rides forth to strike terror into the hearts and minds of Azeroth’s citizens.

When: October 18–November 1
    Where: Trick-or-Treat throughout the inns of Azeroth, Northrend, Pandaria, Outland, Draenor, and the Broken Isles (Dalaran) for tasty treats and currency to buy Hallow’s End delights.

All together now! —the Headless Horseman is back to set fire to Razor Hill and Goldshire once more. You’ll need to lend a hand on the bucket brigade to put them out and face the infamous rider.

Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum. Cry for mercy, the reckoning has come! - The Headless Horseman

It would be a lovely time of year to take a stroll through the Scarlet Monastery’s Graveyard if the Headless Horseman hadn’t decided to make it his new lair. If you're lucky and succeed in routing this menace from within, you may ride off with his steed.

Throughout Hallow’s End, characters level 20-120 will be able to queue up for this ghoulish encounter in the Dungeon Finder.

This year you’ll be able to exchange your Tricky Treats for a newly added toy:
    • The Headless Horseman’s Hearthstone

Head to Val’sharah to undertake a quest that begins with the Hag of the Crooked Tree in Bradensbrook. Follow the tale through to its culmination and you’ll receive some Tricky Treats and a chance of receiving one of four utterly bewitching hats.

• Hat of the First Sister
    • Hat of the Second Sister
    • Hat of the Third Sister
    • Hat of the Youngest Sister

Achievements
    There are a total of 21 achievements that can be earned during this event. Completing the Meta-Achievement, Hallowed Be Thy Name, rewards the title: The Hallowed. The eleven Achievements that need to be completed to earn this title include: Trick or Treat!, Out With It, Bring Me the Head of... Oh Wait, The Savior of Hallow's End, That Sparkling Smile, Rotten Hallow, G.N.E.R.D. Rage, Check Your Head, The Masquerade, Sinister Calling, Tricks or Treats of Azeroth.

• Rotten Hallow
      • Ruin Hallow’s End for the Alliance/Horde and foil their attempts to wreck the Alliance/Horde celebration by completing the following quests: Stink Bombs Away!, Clean Up in Undercity/Stormwind, A Time to Build Up, A Time to Break Down.
    • Bring Me The Head of … Oh Wai
      • Kill the Headless Horseman.
    • Check Your Head
      • Use Weighted Jack-o’-Lanterns to put pumpkin heads on each of the races: Blood Elf, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Worgen.
    • A Frightening Friend
      • Find Pepe wearing his spooky scarecrow costume.
    • G.N.E.R.D. Rage
      • Earn 10 honorable kills while under the influence of the G.N.E.R.D. buff. It’s a slap in the face!
    • The Mask Task
      • Obtain a Mask during Hallow’s End.
    • A Mask for All Occasions
      • Collect the 24 unique Masks listed: (Male and Female each) Blood Elf, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, and Worgen.
    • The Masquerade
      • Get transformed by the Hallowed Wands listed: Bat, Ghost, Leper Gnome, Ninja, Pirate Skeleton, Wisp.
    • Out With It
      • Eat so many Tricky Treats that you get an upset tummy.
    • The Savior of Hallow’s End
      • Complete one of the quests to save a village form the Headless Horseman.
    • Sinister Calling
      • Obtain a Sinister Squashling pet and Hallowed Helm through looting or Tricky Treats from the Hallow’s end world events.
    • That Sparkling Smile
      • Show off your sparkling smile by using a Tooth Pick.
    • Trick or Treat!
      • Receive a handful of treats from one of the Candy Buckets located in an inn.
    • Tricky Treats of Azeroth
      • Complete the Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, and Outland Tricks and Treats achievements.
    • Tricks and Treats of Kalimdor
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Kalimdor.
    • Tricks and Treats of Eastern Kingdoms
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Eastern Kingdoms.
    • Tricks or Treats of Outland
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Outland.
    • Tricks or Treats of Northrend
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Northrend.
    • Tricks or Treats of the Cataclysm
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Cataclsym zones.
    • Trick or Treats of Pandaria
      • Visit the Candy Buckets in Pandaria.

Horde characters who have completed the Battle for Lordaeron event will need to speak with Zidormi in Tirisfal Glades to pass through the mists of time and visit Undercity as it was before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tricky Treats currently seem to be removed from your inventory when you log out. So hold off on opening treats until you can farm the amount you need to buy missing pets/toys in 1 session. I've tested it twice and it happened both times, if someone else could verify it happens for them too then that would be good to establish it as a definitive bug.

Edit: Seems to be working now
    Last edited by Mezzy; 2020-10-18 at 09:34 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzy View Post
    Tricky Treats currently seem to be removed from your inventory when you log out. So hold off on opening treats until you can farm the amount you need to buy missing pets/toys in 1 session. I've tested it twice and it happened both times, if someone else could verify it happens for them too then that would be good to establish it as a definitive bug.
    are they a conjured item?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new then? I thought the hearthstone has been obtainable for like 2 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    are they a conjured item?
    They are not, no. However it seems to be working now so maybe something wasn't flagged for Hallow's End yet. As they require Hallow's End to stay in your inventory.
    Last edited by Mezzy; 2020-10-18 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Nothing new then? I thought the hearthstone has been obtainable for like 2 years
    It does say "Changed in previous years". Wasn't really expecting them to add anything new this year anyways.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzy View Post
    They are not, no. However it seems to be working now so maybe something wasn't flagged for Hallow's End yet. As they require Hallow's End to stay in your inventory.
    the event hasn't started yet, not for me anyway. says 10am so going off time zones probably only just started for you as well but I have to wait til West Coast 10am

Any date of pre patch event yet?

While this is fun every year, this time it comes right at the very end of a dead expansion. Would have been nice if the ilvl of the loot was higher, maybe just above normal raid difficulty. It’s one or two slots of gear you’re going to replace in a few weeks anyway, but a missed opportunity to let people bolster their alts with some decent leveling gear

Quote Originally Posted by GoBerzerko View Post
    While this is fun every year, this time it comes right at the very end of a dead expansion. Would have been nice if the ilvl of the loot was higher, maybe just above normal raid difficulty. It’s one or two slots of gear you’re going to replace in a few weeks anyway, but a missed opportunity to let people bolster their alts with some decent leveling gear
    Yeah! Maybe at least 100.

"Hallow's End Cosmetic items can be transmogged during the event" if only the headless horseman's helmet would let you cackle if you use it as a trangsmog!

And you can use it all year!!!

What about the witch hats? Are they transmoggable year round or just for the holiday? If not, then I wish they were lol. They are really cool hats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    What about the witch hats? Are they transmoggable year round or just for the holiday? If not, then I wish they were lol. They are really cool hats.
    There is a Cloth witch hat from ''REturn to Karazhan'' that looks the same as the Hallow's End one that you can use all year around.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=142296/...onus=1826:1472
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2020-10-18 at 01:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Possibly the best holiday, primarily for one reason: Magic Broom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    There is a Cloth witch hat from ''REturn to Karazhan'' that looks the same as the Hallow's End one that you can use all year around.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=142296/...onus=1826:1472
    Oh I know about that hat. I actually was gonna go farm it heh. But it's only for cloth wearers unfortunately. .

Calendar says 10 am, I'm assuming they mean Pacific time? Should be more clear on that.

Never seen so many people participate in this event... Ever.

Guess that's the result of a pre-patch without any actual new content. People are so hankering after anything to do that they go back to outdated events.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Oh I know about that hat. I actually was gonna go farm it heh. But it's only for cloth wearers unfortunately. .
    silly rabbit, witches hats are only for castors...which doesn't include shamans...or druids...ok, only shadow priests, warlocks and mages. Anybody else doing it is just putting lipstick on a pig.

Ah jeez. "Headless Horseman's Hearthstone - New toy purchased for 150 Tricky Treat."

It's not new at all. I spent all afternoon gathering 150 sweets, only to find I had it already. Dangit MMOC

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Never seen so many people participate in this event... Ever.

Guess that's the result of a pre-patch without any actual new content. People are so hankering after anything to do that they go back to outdated events.
    Blizzard can make it look as busy as they want with cross realm zones and phasing and with some servers being combined with up to 8 others there is an even higher possibility of that look.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about the broom. Broom broom zoom zoom. Instant mount cast pleases the whole room.