Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    What if they didnt play in shadowlands. There are plenty of people that quit playing with multigold caps
    that is definitely a possibility. however I would think that if someone was a real gung ho mount collector who was willing to spend 5 mil on a mount then they would resub to make sure they get it. I honestly don't think there would be that many people who collect mounts who have more than 5 million gold who wouldn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Well, just so people know, there was no bid on the one that spawned so far, the first since I checked all realms eu and us, I have a screenshot where it wasn't bid on for the first 11 hours (was like 7 p.m. and they start at 8 a.m. since it was ravencrest us) and I checked the last time (on website) at 9 p.m., it was still long, checked again at 3.30 a.m. but it was no longer shown already, unfortunately I don't play on us realms myself, so couldn't keep up once website no longer showed it, but a player who plays there, who I talked with on us forums kept checking until 3.30 a.m., when likely it was already medium and said it was still 5 mil.

So looks like blizzard went overboard with the starting bid if items end up being unsold, just like the rhinestone sunglasses, which constantly go unsold for 500k.

Personally, since I have a lot of gold but across many realms, to the point only 2 realms were good enough for brutosaur, I thought on a 20% chance for a 5 mil starting bid and 80% 20k, since all mounts start from there apart from tcg, I thought blizzard would let players bid fight in bmah, however I didn't want to risk being in trouble in case of a 5 mil bid, so I bought it without learning just before the patch, so that I could sell it back (blizzard nerfed this but only after the patch went live), and then obviously learnt it since apart from that hotfix the starting bid ended up being 5 mil.

Some people are so sure it'd end up capped that you might not believe it when I say "there's no bids", so here's my screen of ravencrest, you will convene that at the time I took it and with long remaining price, it's been in several hours (11) without bids, which should say enough about how much interest to cap it there is:

https://imgur.com/tTgkiiv

Also I will keep checking these days till I can find a brutosaur I can follow more, preferably on an eu realm I have 120s on.
    I would imagine that if people wanted it, they would be extremely cautious and bid at the very final moments. Still an interesting observation. Loaded TSM and it shows nothing for bmah for Ravencrest US...not sure why that is
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Remember the BMAH is in the rogue order hall or can be summoned with that doodad from Mechagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    eh, that's boring. shoulda put it lower so people will get mad when bids go above 5m.
    Was thinking the exact same thing haha

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I get it but at the same time I don't. anyone who had 5 million gold and was wanting to buy it has already done so. so it definitely won't reach gold cap, not for a while at least.

- - - Updated - - -

no it won't be because if someone has 10 million gold even midway through the shadowlands then chances are they had 5 million gold in BfA - so why would they wait and buy a mount for double its original value

- - - Updated - - -

see above.
    You don't seem to know how it works so let me tell you.
    People who are late to the party and have gold to buy it will have some sort of notification when a specific mount pops up on BMAH.

Yes there are tons of people that for example made their millions in WoD and quit. Your reasons has flaws as it expect everyone to continuously play WoW, which just isn't the case. Not to mention there will be people who simply didn't have enough gold back then and got rich in SL. And we will have people who just started to play WoW (maybe after really long break). It's not really hard to make 10M of gold if you know how market works or can do boosts.

Some of the old mounts still go for gold cap.

Obviously.

The people thinking it would start at 10k were delusional.

Once some time has passed, I'm sure it'll be bought for cap by the RMT campers for selling to their clients.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that it's going to reach gold cap for a while at least, especially after it had been available for sale on a vendor for around two years and anyone who had the 5 mil gold to throw around and wanted the mount probably already bought it and the few who desperately farmed gold these last months to reach their goal of buying and bought it already. Not to mention the people who gave up the grind to buy it before the "extinction" date aren't in a rush to get to 10 mil to ensure they can buy it especially when they stopped before the 5 mil and I doubt there are a significant number of multiple gold capped players running around who didn't get the mount during BfA and are fully prepared to compete for a mount for 10 mil. Also unless there's a sudden gold spring in Shadowlands or the next expansion that lets the most casual player just earn a mil doing nothing, I doubt there will be much competition for it, especially when TCG and low drop rate mounts are valued higher.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You don't seem to know how it works so let me tell you.
    People who are late to the party and have gold to buy it will have some sort of notification when a specific mount pops up on BMAH.

Yes there are tons of people that for example made their millions in WoD and quit. Your reasons has flaws as it expect everyone to continuously play WoW, which just isn't the case. Not to mention there will be people who simply didn't have enough gold back then and got rich in SL. And we will have people who just started to play WoW (maybe after really long break). It's not really hard to make 10M of gold if you know how market works or can do boosts.

Some of the old mounts still go for gold cap.
    ok seems you don't know how it works. let's take for example someone who played all through WoD and Legion and made 10 million gold. this person may or may not be a mount collector, that doesn't matter. so this person stops playing during BfA for whatever reason but plans to come back for Shadowlands. so Shadowlands is announced, they are excited and plan to come back. This person is also keeping up to date with all the news etc about Shadowlands and sees the news that the Longboi mount is being moved from vendor to BMAH. they decide that they want it and so resub a week before SL is released and they buy the mount.

yes, there will be people who return in SL who have gold cap. but do you really think that if they wanted the mount from the vendor that they would wait and pay MORE than 5 million gold on the BMAH? keep in mind these are people who religiously farmed gold over 2 expansions and would want to buy stuff as cheap as possible. If they are a mount collector then it would be absolutely absurd for them not to resub during the final weeks of BfA to get that mount for the cheapest price possible. so yeah, there will be people who may push the price over 5 million who decided not to resub during the final weeks of BfA but they will be few and far between; because the majority who could afford the price tag of 5 million gold have already bought the fuckin thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    I recently saw someone with 110 million gold. How the hell do you do something like that? Rich and buy or 24/7 chair warming?
    Kinda like in real life, Once you make your first million, it's a whole lot easier to make your second million. We had a gold cap guy in our guild. He actually didn't play that much per se, most comes at the start of the Xpac. Where he buys everything and charges the top dollar price for everything. Occasionally him and a couple other millionaires get into a pissing contest , which is about the only time the Consumer semi wins.

He and some of the others were also dicks, they would buy rare mounts like the Zulian tiger off the AH, just because they wanted to keep them rare and so they could feel special for having one of the few.

I get it but at the same time I don't. anyone who had 5 million gold and was wanting to buy it has already done so. so it definitely won't reach gold cap, not for a while at least.

- - - Updated - - -

no it won't be because if someone has 10 million gold even midway through the shadowlands then chances are they had 5 million gold in BfA - so why would they wait and buy a mount for double its original value

- - - Updated - - -

see above.
    i said 10m becaue the price will raise to 10 million with biding

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    i said 10m becaue the price will raise to 10 million with biding
    Oh it will, but not for a while I don’t think

that is definitely a possibility. however I would think that if someone was a real gung ho mount collector who was willing to spend 5 mil on a mount then they would resub to make sure they get it. I honestly don't think there would be that many people who collect mounts who have more than 5 million gold who wouldn't buy it.
    This is more in line with what realistically happens, as the amount of multiple gold capped char accounts that unsub are likely 'seasonal' players, not 'I quit WoW for good, but now I'm coming back!' players. There's certain windows in the lifetime of an xpac that are insanely good for making gold, while the rest of the time it may not be worth a player's time (depending upon how quickly and how much of returns they want). I'm friends with people who have gold cap, and all of them would fall into the 'seasonal' players... and that means they pay attention to WoW news and jump in when making money is good or there's something new to obtain. As assumed above, they knew the AH mount was going away, and the ones who didn't have it (admittedly few as it's too good to pass up for multiboxing) just bought it before pre-patch came around.

Basically, BMAH Long Boi is going to be more for those that farmed up and fell short of the goal in time, at least in the short term. You'll get some of the new multi-million gold players that come into the fold, for sure, but the draw right now likely isn't as high as BfA since the Long Boi was a driving factor for the masses to work on increasing their gold value. In the end, the market is really niche now, and I'd surmise that the demand for the mount likely won't be high enough to drive it to gold cap... unless you get bored players who already have the mount buying it out to keep it rarer.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Cheap Brutosaurs on BMAH were always a pipe dream, as it would have went against their reason for removing it from the vendor in the first place, and would have caused a lot of frustration among those who struggled - or spent real cash - to make the 5 million in time (though perhaps less so among those who were already rich). Technically speaking it could have happened, but only as an oversight from Blizzard, and even then they could have changed it due to complaints.

I'm glad you didn't risk it and bought it from the vendor while you could. I managed to get one myself (literally on the last day), but I had to sell all of my TCG pets acquired over years of play and borrow gold from friend to do it. No, I don't regret it It's a very cool mount. And yes, I still want them to add one or more recolored versions without the AH for the people who missed out.

The fact that it doesn't get gold capped or even that it goes unsold right now is not surprising, people could still get it only a few days ago, and there hasn't been any influx in gold with the pre-patch (quite the contrary). Once the new expansion settles in, I would expect more people who couldn't hit the mark in BFA to get flush by selling new items and consumables and duke it out above the starting price. Gold cap will probably be hit farther in the future. On top of that, from what I understand low pop realm AH sniping won't be feasible anymore, since you now need to be max level to bid, so it will be even harder to get it from there than savvy people expected.

ok seems you don't know how it works. let's take for example someone who played all through WoD and Legion and made 10 million gold. this person may or may not be a mount collector, that doesn't matter. so this person stops playing during BfA for whatever reason but plans to come back for Shadowlands. so Shadowlands is announced, they are excited and plan to come back. This person is also keeping up to date with all the news etc about Shadowlands and sees the news that the Longboi mount is being moved from vendor to BMAH. they decide that they want it and so resub a week before SL is released and they buy the mount.

yes, there will be people who return in SL who have gold cap. but do you really think that if they wanted the mount from the vendor that they would wait and pay MORE than 5 million gold on the BMAH? keep in mind these are people who religiously farmed gold over 2 expansions and would want to buy stuff as cheap as possible. If they are a mount collector then it would be absolutely absurd for them not to resub during the final weeks of BfA to get that mount for the cheapest price possible. so yeah, there will be people who may push the price over 5 million who decided not to resub during the final weeks of BfA but they will be few and far between; because the majority who could afford the price tag of 5 million gold have already bought the fuckin thing lol
    Nope, that is very unlikely to happen.

Your example is also flawed because it doesn't take into account people that quit early in legion and still got tons of money from WoD never touching BfA.
    These people might not even know AH mount existed.

I am fairly sure not even a single long boi will go cheaper than gold cap. Literally not even first one that pops out.

This is simply because of artificial scarcity and having the only way to guarantee winning which is bidding gold cap.
    People will be even realm transferring just to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Prior to this news different theories were flying around, and I admit I was among those who thought it would start from some very low threshold. Why? Because all of the other rare mounts (including tcg ones) available on BMAH start fairly low. On low pop servers it's possible to grab a MoP world boss mount for less than a million, and some less sought-after tcg mounts too. Setting 5mil as a starting price just doesn't make sense as far as the old BMAH system is considered, that's why many were suspecting it will start from much less than that.

I have to admit that as an owner of the mount bought before the prepatch I am a tiny bit satisfied that it won't be possible to get it for less than 5 mil, which is what I personally paid.
    But none of those mounts you mentioned had a vendor sell price.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Literally doesn't matter how high starting bid is.
    All of them will be goldcapped instantly.
    It makes absolutely no sense for them to go to gold cap any time soon. Everyone who is at gold cap could have bought one for 5million any time in the last 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think they should have cut the price in half, that way it was still expensive, while opening up a small market to of people that had no way of hitting 5m with out poor life choices. It would be a slow enough growth that it wouldn't have devalued the mount that fast, and by the time it had it would have fallen into the category of legacy content that should be more widespread (old raid mounts, achievements, titles, ect.).

I am fairly sure not even a single long boi will go cheaper than gold cap. Literally not even first one that pops out.

This is simply because of artificial scarcity and having the only way to guarantee winning which is bidding gold cap.
    People will be even realm transferring just to buy it.
    You are already wrong on this, we have had one person already track 2 going unbid on, and I myself have watched 1 go away with out any interest.

The trouble with your line of logic is it relies on such an incredibly small subsection of people. They had to....

1. Quite BfA prior to it starting and never tried it out once. (An oddity for most Wow players because people didn't really start whining about it until some ways in.)

2. Have the gold to not only bid on it but also pay double it's value. (Another oddity because the people with that kind of money in game usually buy the expansions and their game time with gold, and for some reason they didn't.)

3. Have a want to own the mount at all.

4. For some odd reason didn't know it existed at the start, didn't know it was going away, and popped back in right after it did go, buying an expansion they supposedly never wanted to play just to sit in prepatch for a few months. When they could have gotten the expansion free if they just waited a bit longer.

5. Be a large enough group of people that they are able to continue showing up and gold capping the mount (on all server groups as you predict) in the lead up to the new expansion.

6. Lastly be playing enough now to keep track of the BMAH to be able to pick it up at all.

I'm sorry but that's just ludicrous, if that ultra narrow subset of people actually exist it can't be more than a hand full of people. I find it more likely that we get gold Barons who want to buy them just to deny other people the chance of owning the mount, and that is an expensive hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Personally I think they should have cut the price in half, that way it was still expensive, while opening up a small market to of people that had no way of hitting 5m with out poor life choices. It would be a slow enough growth that it wouldn't have devalued the mount that fast, and by the time it had it would have fallen into the category of legacy content that should be more widespread (old raid mounts, achievements, titles, ect.).

You are already wrong on this, we have had one person already track 2 going unbid on, and I myself have watched 1 go away with out any interest.

The trouble with your line of logic is it relies on such an incredibly small subsection of people. They had to....

1. Quite BfA prior to it starting and never tried it out once. (An oddity for most Wow players because people didn't really start whining about it until some ways in.)

2. Have the gold to not only bid on it but also pay double it's value. (Another oddity because the people with that kind of money in game usually buy the expansions and their game time with gold, and for some reason they didn't.)

3. Have a want to own the mount at all.

4. For some odd reason didn't know it existed at the start, didn't know it was going away, and popped back in right after it did go, buying an expansion they supposedly never wanted to play just to sit in prepatch for a few months. When they could have gotten the expansion free if they just waited a bit longer.

5. Be a large enough group of people that they are able to continue showing up and gold capping the mount (on all server groups as you predict) in the lead up to the new expansion.

6. Lastly be playing enough now to keep track of the BMAH to be able to pick it up at all.

I'm sorry but that's just ludicrous, if that ultra narrow subset of people actually exist it can't be more than a hand full of people. I find it more likely that we get gold Barons who want to buy them just to deny other people the chance of owning the mount, and that is an expensive hobby.
    Indeed, sooooooooo glad finally someone else saw what I've been hinting at too.

That person you mentioned must be quite a hardcore BMAH checker btw, cause I've been checking religiously since patch as I was interested (on the tsm website) and only today found the 2nd brutosaur, so that person must've found the 2nd on one of the few realms that don't update.

I know the first was ravencrest us and the one I finally found today is on drakkari us, both of them like you said went or are going unbid.

I honestly think it'd have been a better choice to put a 20k starting bid like other mounts, then it likely would've gone for 2-3 mil or so, the fact it's going unbid for 5 mil clearly shows people would be willing to buy it for LESS than that.

However I understand some people saying it wouldn't be fair towards those who bought it for 5, especially those who bought it early enough that it wasn't announced yet it'd be on bmah, I'm just saying that currently we have a starting bid well above the price people are willing to pay.

Its utility is obviously good, so I have no doubt it could eventually go for more than 5 mil, maybe even cap, it depends on realm size (so far very small realms) and inflation or deflation in the game, but that day is not around the corner.

By any chance, do you know which realm\region the other brutosaur was on, the second? Curious to know why I missed it!

Imagine if blizzard put it cheap. People that spent real cash to get the 5 million gold would have been pissed.

True ofc, on one hand, if they had a 20k starting bid and, as the recent examples are showing, they had gone for 2-3 mil, I wouldn't feel sorry for those who, after they heard it was gonna be moved to BMAH, started spending real money or farming like mad to get it for 5, overestimating the price it'd go for on BMAH, on the other hand I think this solution of the 5 mil starting bid is fair to the first buyers of the brutosaur, for just over a year people bought it thinking the price would've been 5 mil forever, since blizzard hadn't announced its "removal" yet; those would have a right to be annoyed if it suddenly appeared on BMAH and ended up for half what they paid.