Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Nope. NFL has just washed its hands of the whole thing, and are saying "Game is on as scheduled, on Sunday."

LOL.

Of course the players JUST signed a CBA that largely makes it impossible for them to sue over shit like this, so the league looks like it's just not gonna give a shit any more.
    Until they get another positive test tomorrow and they delay the game until Monday.

There's already two games on Monday, including the formerly-TNF Bills-Chiefs game which is kicking off at the prime time hour of 5 PM EST.

TuesdayNightFootball.com time?

Patriots look pretty rough in this game. They are lucky Denver's receivers can't catch or they would be getting blown out.

6th combine FG in 3 quarters, they are going for the FGs in a game record.
    Last edited by Grube; 2020-10-18 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    6th combine FG in 3 quarters, they are going for the FGs in a game record.
    How exciting.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    How exciting.
    Most exciting thing to happen for the Broncos in the last 4 years, too bad Fangio ruined it and punted instead of kicking a 56 yard fg.

Broncos 4th quarter meltdown, Patriots win on last drive FG incoming.
    Last edited by Grube; 2020-10-18 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit Denver are literally throwing a win away.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Well, Vikings are officially in the #Tank4Trevor race.

I just hope they clean house and dump Zimmer and Spielman.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post

How many more years does Cousins have on that mega-deal? Do you think if they're at the top of the draft they're actually taking a QB?

I feel like they're a top 5 draft pick who might get the best non-QB on the board.

Jets are the only defeated team left, and Fitzmagic is about to blow them out. Tank commander Gase is doing his job.

How many more years does Cousins have on that mega-deal? Do you think if they're at the top of the draft they're actually taking a QB?

I feel like they're a top 5 draft pick who might get the best non-QB on the board.
    His deal is through 2022, and his dead cap hit is higher than his cap hit next year. They could dump him after next season for 10 mill.

They still play the Jags, Cowboys and Lions twice. I don't think they will have a top 5 draft pick anyway. 3 of their losses are to undefeated teams and another to the Colts, who are a likely playoff team. That is a rough schedule.

15+ Year Old Account
    GB/TB is the most colorful game. Red, silver, grey, white, bright green field on a sunny day, dark green jersey, yellow helmets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Maybe I'm optimistic. Maybe the Falcons are kind of good as they should be on paper. Just they were getting DQ'd all these years.

They were riding the "They fired the HC! I need to play lights out to show the next HC I can play! Also throw in the or maybe they are looking to trade me so I can play lights out so they just might trade me!" wave.

They really should have beaten the Cowboys and be sitting at 2-4. But then again they don't win today with DQ in the seat still.

If they trade him before June it's only a $10 mil hit, otherwise they have to wait 1 more year before cutting him without a massive hit ($31-40 million, something like that).

While I don't honestly think the Vikings will, it would be a great idea to draft your future QB and sit him for a year behind Cousins since you're paying him no matter, then cut Cousins the following year after your new QB has had a full season to acclimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Jets are the only defeated team left, and Fitzmagic is about to blow them out. Tank commander Gase is doing his job.

His deal is through 2022, and his dead cap hit is higher than his cap hit next year. They could dump him after next season for 10 mill.

They still play the Jags, Cowboys and Lions twice. I don't think they will have a top 5 draft pick anyway. 3 of their losses are to undefeated teams and another to the Colts, who are a likely playoff team. That is a rough schedule.
    I don't really think they'll end with a high enough pick to get Lawrence. The Vikings have plenty of winnable games left, though maybe those games aren't as winnable after their showing today.

But I don't think the Vikings are good this year. They came close to beating the Seahawks and Titans but were blown out by the Packers, Colts, and Falcons. The offense has a bad habit of not showing up until it's the end, but unlike in prior years the defense isn't decent enough to keep them in the game until then.

The reality is they'll probably finish in the 5-7 win range, too low to draft one of the top QB prospects , so Zimmer will probably draft yet another DB because of how much they struggled in the passing game instead of an OL or QB, maybe pick up our "QB of the future" in the 2nd-3rd round who'll end up another Ponder, and then they'll rebuild with new leadership without anyone to build around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overthecap just wrote an article about Cousins

https://overthecap.com/what-can-the-...-kirk-cousins/
    /s

In other words, the Vikings are stuck with him for 2021 unless the Jets trade for him.

Even with as terrible as Denver's QB play has been this year, could have been worse if they kept Flacco.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they trade him before June it's only a $10 mil hit, otherwise they have to wait 1 more year before cutting him without a massive hit ($31-40 million, something like that).

While I don't honestly think the Vikings will, it would be a great idea to draft your future QB and sit him for a year behind Cousins since you're paying him no matter, then cut Cousins the following year after your new QB has had a full season to acclimate.
    This seems like the best option if presented. The idea you need to have a rookie start when you have an adequate one you're on the hook for is shortsighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    This seems like the best option if presented. The idea you need to have a rookie start when you have an adequate one you're on the hook for is shortsighted.
    It really is. Odds are if you just drafted a QB with a top draft pick odds are good that you need more than a QB to to improve. May as well take another season and keep building a solid team while they learn under a veteran QB. Even a terrible veteran QB can still be a good resource to develop a rookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Vikings get Trevor, there's no way they can justify benching him for a year behind Kirk, there will be too much pressure and expectation to start him.

Also Tua got a 4th quarter outing, post game he went alone onto the field and just sat there to think, kid has had a wild 12 months.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dolphins are doing it right, Fitz is "only" a $8 million cap hit, so they aren't investing a large amount into the position. The example I always look back to is Brees and Rivers - when Brees was still on his rookie deal things were fine, but once he had his breakout year and got tagged it was too much money invested in the two QBs and a move was inevitable.
    /s

Please God, let Trevor go to Washington to be the face of the rebrand.