Recruit A Friend: Sharing a B.Net Account

So I was wondering;

I intend on using RAF to get my wife into the game, and was just going to do it the normal way where she sets up the account herself using my link.
    However, it occurred to me that if I were to use my link and set up her account myself, using the email address I created my Battle.net account with, would we then have both of our accounts on the same Battle.net account and be legally able to share any cosmetics I have unlocked myself?

This is entirely hypothetical as I would imagine it would be more fun for her to try and unlock the mounts for example herself

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggish View Post
    So I was wondering;

I intend on using RAF to get my wife into the game, and was just going to do it the normal way where she sets up the account herself using my link.
    However, it occurred to me that if I were to use my link and set up her account myself, using the email address I created my Battle.net account with, would we then have both of our accounts on the same Battle.net account and be legally able to share any cosmetics I have unlocked myself?

This is entirely hypothetical as I would imagine it would be more fun for her to try and unlock the mounts for example herself
    Per TOS a different person needs to have their own account. Whatever you do, do not have another person attached to your account. Ever

Other than that the RAF may even still require a separate account to work properly (I recruited myself for every single reward blizzard has released including all of the old retired mounts and pets) [I dont have friends so I recruited myself and just setup separate emails and accounts and closed them once I got my reward]

So I was wondering;

My brother and I have shared the same battle net account since it was first introduced and we've never had issues. We have done the RAF together and so on with no issues.

As long as you are in the same house with the same IP and shit, they won't care.

"Its for my 12 year old kid"

What are they gonna do ask for a birth certificate?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's against the ToS so I'd advise you not to on that alone.

However, it will also cause other issues, for example if you want to play together from different locations. If one of you ever travels or could potentially play from a location outside your home, that is a risk. If they have different IPs and are both playing games simultaneously, you'll likely get flagged by Blizzard for a compromised or shared account which can get one or both closed.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-10-18 at 07:21 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    My brother and I have shared the same battle net account since it was first introduced and we've never had issues. We have done the RAF together and so on with no issues.

As long as you are in the same house with the same IP and shit, they won't care.
    If nothing weird happens with the Account, they wont care.

If something weird happens, both accounts may be gone. Everything that happens with your account is in the first place your Responisibility.

While in 90% of of the times, there is no Issue, its still not advised.
    @Muggish:
    Make your wife her own Account. Might save you a Headache later.

I have used RAF on a different WoW account on the same Battle.net account a few times before without any problems.

As far as linking another person to the account and playing on different PC's, I wouldn't advise that since that probably qualifies as account sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZik View Post
    I have used RAF on a different WoW account on the same Battle.net account a few times before without any problems.
    You're absolutely allowed to use RAF on yourself and keep them on the same b.net account. The problem is when you are using that RAF for another person but sharing a b.net account, which isn't technically allowed by Blizzard when it isn't a parent/child.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

To clarify for everyone, I do intend to make her her own account with a seperate B.Net account too. I was just curious if we would share mounts etc if we used the same B.Net.

Me and my wife have had the same bnet every since bnet became a thing.

We have played at the same time, grouped together, done different raids at the same time, played in different locations at the same time, played different games (diablo, starcraft, etc) at the same time.
    I hate PVP but she likes it. She hates raids, but I like them. Our combined progress is shared, so we both get the achievements.
    Honor kills are doubled if we both play in the same battleground.
    She leveled a Highmountain and i did a Zandalari, together. Both hit 50 at the same time and got 2 achievements.
    we've only ever needed 1 collectors edition, with the other account using a normal one.

Not once, ever, has there ever been any issue.

I've even submitted tickets and talked to GMs about random things while my wife was playing at the same time.

It's against the rules in the sense that if you piss them off, you might get done.
    But overall, it seems more designed for account sharing over distances, rather than in your own house/family - they dont/want really care unless you make waves about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, as others have said, there's probably no issue with it.

But the one thing that could be annoying, is that you will share Bnet friends, and any Bnet whispers will go to both of you if you're online at the same time.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I mean, as others have said, there's probably no issue with it.

But the one thing that could be annoying, is that you will share Bnet friends, and any Bnet whispers will go to both of you if you're online at the same time.
    My shared account is in my wife's name.
    So I just pretend to be here anytime someone whispers.

People are nicer when they think im my wife

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    My shared account is in my wife's name.
    So I just pretend to be here anytime someone whispers.

People are nicer when they think im my wife
    Lol. Hey if it works for you guys, you do you!

Personally, I set up my partner with their own account, but sharing the same surname.

This allowed me to transfer a toon from my account to theirs, and they got a bunch of mounts and achievements that way
    Here is something to believe in!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    To clarify for everyone, I do intend to make her her own account with a seperate B.Net account too. I was just curious if we would share mounts etc if we used the same B.Net.
    I have 1 (One) Battlenet account.....just 1 (One)......One......and attached to that account are 3 accounts that I play and 1 account that my wife plays. We have had it this way since Battlenet was started years ago. During that time I have multiboxed all 4 accounts at one time, we have raided at the same time on different factions, we have turned in several tickets on different accounts, and we have played at different locations around the country. The Only contact that I have had from Blizzard is when playing at a different IP address than home. Then I only get an email with a "safety code" that I have to enter to unlock log in. Not one time has a GM ever whispered me (unless it was about a ticket) nor has Blizzard ever locked my Battlenet account or any of the 4 accounts attached to it. We share All mounts and achievements (unless faction locked) and transmog. If you make 2 Battlenet accounts, you will share nothing.

Stay safe and have fun!!