7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I dont get Horde players sometimes. They want High Elves, strait backed Forsaken/Trolls/Orcs, Forsaken with no decay, Humans with red eyes, Night Elves with red eyes, regular ass Humans, and dibs on Paladin classes. Its like they want to be Red Alliance.
    we don't want that, we don't want regular humans, neither night elves, don't pretend those small niche speak for the faction

yet i see no reason why straight orcs and forsaken have anything to do with red alliance, neither the "dibs" on paladin classes?

Also, it amuses me how people here are against the option of undead elf to forsaken when its complete normal to void elf to get another race look too, like this rly matter at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you can read the thread of ravenmoon
    I did and there were actually many Horde players saying San'layn are all right and void elves are monsters who endanger Sunwell, so your interpretation is pretty surprising. I just didn't see anything like that in the whole thread, but we need not to discuss it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I did and there were actually many Horde players saying San'layn are all right and void elves are monsters who endanger Sunwell, so your interpretation is pretty surprising. I just didn't see anything like that in the whole thread, but we need not to discuss it here.
    Horde players refuted that the Blood Elves accepted the Sanlyn as part of their own society and that even when those Sanlayn joined the Forsaken! at no time are they seen interacting with any blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd like to see void elves get some of the blonde hair colors. I think at that point, I would 100% feel like 'yeah, I'm playing a High elf, finally'.

(yes I realize that playing any void or blood elf is technically playing one already, but still want the hair colors)
    I too would like to see Void Elves get some of the more typical hair colors. While I have no objection to blonde, in my case I really want a deep dark black. My character is based on my first ever D&D character and she had black hair and purple eyes... well I have the purple eyes option, now I just need the black hair and she will be complete! For now though, I have to use the blue eyes because the purple eyes with the current Void Elf hair colors just doesn't work for the look I want.

I dont get Horde players sometimes. They want High Elves, strait backed Forsaken/Trolls/Orcs, Forsaken with no decay, Humans with red eyes, Night Elves with red eyes, regular ass Humans, and dibs on Paladin classes. Its like they want to be Red Alliance.

Aren't I pretty enough for the Horde??

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No, the next step is giving them more corruption options and a shadowy form that looks like Alleria's. Do not forget the name that appears on the race selection screen, it's not "High elf". Never forget that.
    Exiles Reach makes it explicit all dwarves are Bronzebeards that hail exclusively from Ironforge. Should we delete the Wildhammer stuff?

All Trolls are darkspear, we better get rid of that new Sandtroll style skin option.

All Mag'har come from AU Draenor, dont think about playing one from Outland!

All Goblins are the same guy who personally battled Gallywix, and is actually the rightful trade prince of the cartel.

All Humans are from stormwind, the only backstory you're allowed is that you trained in Northshire, anything else is wrong.

I'm sorry but if this is your logic you must be playing the most boring mmorpg on the planet. Variety is a good thing. Facilitating more of it doesn't hurt anyone. Nothing is lost by providing options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    False. They're not "just a skin retexture and some red eyes". "Dead elf" customization options completely alter the player model since "dead elf" model uses the thalassian elf model, not the forsaken model.
    Swing and a miss. I'm describing customization for the blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ript4 View Post
    Exiles Reach makes it explicit all dwarves are Bronzebeards that hail exclusively from Ironforge. Should we delete the Wildhammer stuff?

All Trolls are darkspear, we better get rid of that new Sandtroll style skin option.

All Mag'har come from AU Draenor, dont think about playing one from Outland!

All Goblins are the same guy who personally battled Gallywix, and is actually the rightful trade prince of the cartel.

All Humans are from stormwind, the only backstory you're allowed is that you trained in Northshire, anything else is wrong.

I'm sorry but if this is your logic you must be playing the most boring mmorpg on the planet. Variety is a good thing. Facilitating more of it doesn't hurt anyone. Nothing is lost by providing options.

What are you even saying? You realize I have been asking for fair skin options since 2017, right? All I am saying is that now Blizzard should focus on the opposite side of the spectrum and reinforce the corrupted aspect of Void elves.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by ript4 View Post
    I'm sorry, but the only one who did a "swing and a miss" here was you, considering that:
    • You never once specified you were talking about blood elves in your posts;
    • You butted-in a conversation in which the other poster and I were talking about dark ranger and san'layn option to the forsaken.

It's not my fault you decided to talk about a different race than what was being discussed here when you jumped into a conversation you weren't originally part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Black, white and silver would be cool.
    AR will definitely get something when it's their turn -so far they have only got ports from other race assets + eye colors- So we WILL be seeing more hair colors and styles for VE's, question for me is when.

As for getting normal/HE hair colors, can't be sure, but I strongly believe we will get lighter tones at least (whether they are warm or natural, I do not know) Same for all AR tbh.

So either AR get their own pass later down the line, or who know, they end up being merged with their core races where applicable -same model- How would that work with NB and VE is another thing, but could work either if faction restrictions as a whole are lessened, or if Horde gets a group of VE's and Alliance a group of NB. But that's just more wishful thinking on my part.

Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope

3+ Year Old Account
    fear not; the Alteraci's theme is banditry after all - if anything they would be as morally greyTM as the Forsaken and TBC Blood Elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I will agree that demands for Alteraci humans make basically zero sense though!
    Blood Elves also "didn't make sense" for the Horde but here we are, most played race in the Horde. Let's do it again I see nothing wrong with it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I don't understand why people are talking about anything else here, especially san'layn / dark ranger, there is a thread for blood elves it seems to me.
    I will stop talking about it because anyway I do not agree with these people.
    better move it here I guess?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-faction-ideas

- - - Updated - - -

High Elf Lieutenant

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...aptain.327990/

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Without reading any of this, or caring about the subject at all. I can't imagine why on earth there's 20,000 posts arguing about a third Blood Elf race being in the game.

Like; why not at this point? Let's just keep adding Blood Elves with slightly different available hairstyles. I'm sure there's at least 5 more variants of Elves that people can think of some reason to add. Makes it easy for Blizzard too, all they have to do is move the RGB slider around for a different base hair colour and ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    TBH and I don't know if this is a bad thing, this does feel like a holistic Elf thread rather than just High Elves. Maybe we should have a generic elf thread, they are indeed one of the most popular races -and a lot of that beyond aesthetics is how politically and culturally diverse they are-

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    TBH and I don't know if this is a bad thing, this does feel like a holistic Elf thread rather than just High Elves. Maybe we should have a generic elf thread, they are indeed one of the most popular races -and a lot of that beyond aesthetics is how politically and culturally diverse they are-
    I feel many posters here actually adopted Blizzard's view that a high elf means thalassian elf, regardless of political affiliation, you hardly see these "blood elves are high elves" vs "true high elves are on the Alliance" fights lately. Even though this thread was originaly meant to be about Alliance aligned elves, that changed. Right now, the only elves excluded from the discussions are night elves and nightborne and their mutated offshoots like naga and satyr, but I don't these races should be counted among elven groups, since they were changed fundamentally.

What I like lately is that people here are posting their take on high elves, inspiring others on their appearances. I'm myself quite a T-mog hunter, so I'm always into some t-mog sharing

Here's one of the T-mogs I made recently, in honor of thalassian ancestry of my character. I only wish I could make that green glow on shoulders disappear, or recolour it to blue or gold one.

This is happiness.

Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-10-18 at 10:39 PM.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This is happiness.

Elven Ranger among fantasy castles and trees?! Heck yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I feel many posters here actually adopted Blizzard's view that a high elf means thalassian elf, regardless of political affiliation, you hardly see these "blood elves are high elves" vs "true high elves are on the Alliance" fights lately. Even though this thread was originaly meant to be about Alliance aligned elves, that changed. Right now, the only elves excluded from the discussions are night elves and nightborne and their mutated offshoots like naga and satyr, but I don't these races should be counted among elven groups, since they were changed fundamentally.

What I like lately is that people here are posting their take on high elves, inspiring others on their appearances. I'm myself quite a T-mog hunter, so I'm always into some t-mog sharing

Here's one of the T-mogs I made recently, in honor of thalassian ancestry of my character. I only wish I could make that green glow on shoulders disappear, or recolour it to blue or gold one.

Really makes me wish the blue version that Yvera Dawnwing wears was available -hopefully we will see it as a trial of style reward someday-

I went for something classic with a new char; I really love the HE leather set, and while this character is supposed to have white hair, I really dig the concept of him wearing a cowl

Just a classic SC look that we can have on leather and cloth wearers!

Also made this mog inspired by that old HE artwork

Could have gotten the colors closer with the antorus version, but it's more of an inspiration rather than a replication if that makes sense

Also I gotta get Sundancer when SL drops; that unicorn is literally the Quel'dorei Steed but High Res

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This is happiness.
    I must say that I have a thing for these simple transmogs. Looks really great

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Really makes me wish the blue version that Yvera Dawnwing wears was available -hopefully we will see it as a trial of style reward someday-
    I believe it's pvp set exclusive for mages. I found out that many cool sets with thalassian themes are actually for mages or hunters, so I have to find other looks as a priest. On the other hand, Black Temple/Tomb of Sargeras sets are also good for thalassian priests.

I went for something classic with a new char; I really love the HE leather set, and while this character is supposed to have white hair, I really dig the concept of him wearing a cowl

Just a classic SC look that we can have on leather and cloth wearers!
    That is classic. Hooded version looks good too. Cloth version is mostly world drop, so I'm scanning AH every day now to collect pieces I miss

I made an 7th Legion set I use when I did PvP in BfA, and when I went to Battle of Dazar'Alor raid. (Yes, I make themed transmogs for the content I do. Right now, I'm trying to make covenant themed transmogs for SL questing ). That set looked good even with void appearance, but now, with natural skin, it is even more awesome.

Also made this mog inspired by that old HE artwork

Could have gotten the colors closer with the antorus version, but it's more of an inspiration rather than a replication if that makes sense
    I would only change a sword to match colors you have, but since you get that Antorus version, it will be great.

Also I gotta get Sundancer when SL drops; that unicorn is literally the Quel'dorei Steed but High Res

As a mount collectors, I have my eyes on this. I think some of the horses we got in BfA could do a good service too. Goldmane and Storm's Wake horse have both fitting colours. Unicorns are still better though.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-10-19 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Not sure which bow fits best, Thori'dal or Thas'dorah....
    I feel like I prefer Thoril'dal a bit more, but Thas'dorah's quiver is so good :/

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post

Not sure which bow fits best, Thori'dal or Thas'dorah....
    I feel like I prefer Thoril'dal a bit more, but Thas'dorah's quiver is so good :/
    I find the blue "Phoenix's Rebirth" version of Thas'dorah to be the best look of this bow.

https://www.wowhead.com/artifact-cal...nship/A3qjM3AA